Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So many of your posts target other posters. You seem like a pretty smart guy but it really comes across as being sour

To be fair, "other posters" target his posts, and him personally ..... so if they can give it, he can take it and return it as well.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
So, fair enough, we're pre-heating the oven for the crow feast that is to come.

When should we put the bird in? 10 games?

When do we take the bird out? 40 games?

Maybe we can all just enjoy the youth movement. I do think that our d core is better suited to jump into the play than they were last season, when it was only Karlsson carrying the play. I do enjoy the fact that Tkachuk is like a thorn in the side every teams defense. We have been looking for a player like this for a long long time. It seems to be equating to offense. I hope that continues and we are all pleasantly surprised by Tkachuk at the end of the season. No need for I told you so's or eating crows.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Maybe we can all just enjoy the youth movement. I do think that our d core is better suited to jump into the play than they were last season, when it was only Karlsson carrying the play. I do enjoy the fact that Tkachuk is like a thorn in the side every teams defense. We have been looking for a player like this for a long long time. It seems to be equating to offense. I hope that continues and we are all pleasantly surprised by Tkachuk at the end of the season. No need for I told you so's or eating crows.

Aside from Tkachuk, as far as crow-eating goes, I'll have to go with Ryan Dzingel and before that, probably Chris Neil.

I've been pretty good outside of that I think. Maybe Sergei Gonchar as well.

I love the taste of crow. It means something surprised me in a good way.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

I definitely agree with this but on the flip side had Brady been struggling or sent down or whatever we know the haters would be out in full force

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I definitely agree with this and on the flip side had Brady been struggling or sent down or whatever we know the haters would be out in full force

Him scoring right away in his first pre-season game was pretty smart of him.

My concern was with his goal-scoring ability and the fact that he's already put some in is psychologically reassuring.

Reactions: DJB

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Love the fact that he scores timely goals and gets under the skin of opposing players. He had Jamie Benn ready to kill him last night, effectively nullified him.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I was on the Zadina wagon for sure, and have been impressed with Brady, but let's cool it a little.

For the amount of knee jerk reactions we had at the time of the draft pick, we're having the same amount for his level of play so far.

It's only been 4 or 5 games for him. Let's slow down.

Also, it's too early to poo poo on Zadina because he didn't crack the Wings roster. They very rarely have rookies crack the roster.

Reactions: bert

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I was on the Zadina wagon for sure, and have been impressed with Brady, but let's cool it a little.

For the amount of knee jerk reactions we had at the time of the draft pick, we're having the same amount for his level of play so far.

Also, it's too early to poo poo on Zadina because he didn't crack the Wings roster. They very rarely have rookies crack the roster.

It is a good point, still early, but no denying his impact compared to others who made their rookie debuts. It is unlike any other for a long time. I remember Havlat having that instant " he is going to be really good" feel.

Also, to those saying to cool it a little, not you per se but in general, that certainly wasn't happening on the other side of the coin who called the pick garbage, 4th liner, etc...without even seeing him play and making those statements on draft day. Notwithstanding that statement, I do agree about the cooling part.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

they rarely have a roster this weak either.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Who cares about Zadina? Hopefully he turns out to be a great goal scorer for the wings.

Brady is a completely different (like night and day) type of player and personality than Zadina. If the Sens needed a new face and leader for the youthful core, they quite obviously made the right choice.

I still expect Zadina will likely outproduce Tkachuk (marginally) when both guys are at their peak. But I just dont see a scenario at this point in time where he's a more valuable player, or making a bigger impact than Brady Tkachuk does on a nightly basis, tbh.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Hopefully not, they're in our division.

Meh. Zadina is the least of our worries within the division imo. And besides, having quality opponents and rivals within the division is a good thing. It makes for good story lines and drama.

And if we ever somehow miraculously win a cup, I hope that we have to go through some good teams to get there.

Reactions: bert

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
current pace

GP G A P +/- PIM Shots
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Also on pace for 20 power play goals, our highest powerplay goal scorers last year were Hoffman and Duchene with 8 each.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
So the only question that remains is:

Should we send him to London or Belleville? I think having to compete against men is better to prepare for the NHL but he really needs to work on his skills so playing against teenagers and then for US Junior team is probably the right choice.

We should probably start a poll...

Reactions: JD1

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So the only question that remains is:

Should we send him to London or Belleville? I think having to compete against men is better to prepare for the NHL but he really needs to work on his skills so playing against teenagers and then for US Junior team is probably the right choice.

We should probably start a poll...

No way in hell Tkachuk gets sent down. He's NHL ready.

What skills do you think he needs to work on that he'd be better served in Junior? He's shown to me so far that he can handle playing his game at NHL speed. It's a small sample size, but even last night the guy didn't just make gritty plays, but also had moments where his skill shines through.

The BOS game was a bit shakey, but since then he has not looked out of place at all.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
i noticed when we acquired Duchene last year how he drives to the net so aggressively and that until then we didn't have any players doing that regularly

compared to Duchene, Tkachuk has net drive on steroids. he doesn't even care that there is a crease or goalie in the way, if the puck is there he's digging like a pig hunting for truffles. he also seems to have decent hands in tight, despite 2 of his 3 goals so far being of the super greasy variety... like Randy from the trailer park eating cheeseburgers shirtless on a humid summer day level greasy... so basically just normal Randy.

Zadina type goals may work in the regular season but the chaos a player like Tkachuk creates is invaluable in the playoffs as the defense tightens up.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
No way in hell Tkachuk gets sent down. He's NHL ready.

What skills do you think he needs to work on that he'd be better served in Junior? He's shown to me so far that he can handle playing his game at NHL speed. It's a small sample size, but even last night the guy didn't just make gritty plays, but also had moments where his skill shines through.

The BOS game was a bit shakey, but since then he has not looked out of place at all.

I'd say in one post he was mocking a good chunk of the regulars here.

I thought it was quite clever actually

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It is a good point, still early, but no denying his impact compared to others who made their rookie debuts. It is unlike any other for a long time. I remember Havlat having that instant " he is going to be really good" feel.

Also, to those saying to cool it a little, not you per se but in general, that certainly wasn't happening on the other side of the coin who called the pick garbage, 4th liner, etc...without even seeing him play and making those statements on draft day. Notwithstanding that statement, I do agree about the cooling part.
BT is growing faster in the NHL then Zadina in the AHL
Next year there will probably be an even bigger gap between the 2

Reactions: Icelevel

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
people saying "where the haters now?!?!" isn't going to help the "haters" come out in fukl force and buy tkatchuk jerseys... I was in support of the pick but lets all relax.. its been four games and lets be hones the puck right now is hitting him and finding ways into the net or to a teammate. (and yeah I get it he goes to the net this has the potential to last for ever and why cant the ouck just bounce off him and into the net 50 times a year?). if the "haters" were here after a slow start you would all be like "ITs ONLY 5 GAMES!!"

f*** some of you are still telling ceci haters to stop criticizing because its "only 5 years into his nhl career.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
BT is growing faster in the NHL then Zadina in the AHL
Next year there will probably be an even bigger gap between the 2
BT keeps saying he just wants to get better each game. I think he actually is doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad