Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I don’t know why you feel the need to defend him, so didn’t say anything negative. It was quite positive.

I said « he certainly isn’t getting pushed around out there. I’m very impressed. ». I don’t even know how this is in any way incoherent with what I quoted from you here or with what you posted later in the thread.

When I talk about the added weight it’s just a pretty solid assumption given that his brother who has a smaller frame plays at over 200lbs and that his father played at 230. I’m not saying he’ll end up that big, particularly in the new NHL but he’s very likely to put some on and the result will likely be awesome.

Did you not say you had your doubts even though he was touted to be physically ready for the NHL prior to the draft?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
When I talk about the added weight it’s just a pretty solid assumption given that his brother who has a smaller frame plays at over 200lbs and that his father played at 230. I’m not saying he’ll end up that big, particularly in the new NHL but he’s very likely to put some on and the result will likely be awesome.

Well... I'm not sure we want him to end up with his dad's body type. :sarcasm::oops:

tkachuk_b.jpg

A little added muscle would probably be good for the kid though.

Reactions: coladin

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
BT is going to turn the heat up several notches in our games, we're going to have to make sure we have a few guys who can stand up for themselves. Boro isn't that guy, but having a few more tough players on the team will be a need in the future in my opinion as we're headed towards being a chippy team with BT and Formy getting under people's skin all game.

The guys have to be willing and able to defend themselves, especially those two, but I'd feel better if we sought out a real tough player or two who can of course play on a bottom line.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I don’t post as frequent as I did around draft time, but I was straight up pissed we passed over Zadina for Tkachuk. And I can now say I was wrong, I am ecstatic we have Tkachuk. I just liked the flash of Zadina, turns out Tkachuk has that and he’s an asshole.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
BT is going to turn the heat up several notches in our games, we're going to have to make sure we have a few guys who can stand up for themselves. Boro isn't that guy, but having a few more tough players on the team will be a need in the future in my opinion as we're headed towards being a chippy team with BT and Formy getting under people's skin all game.

The guys have to be willing and able to defend themselves, especially those two, but I'd feel better if we sought out a real tough player or two who can of course play on a bottom line.
I tend to agree but we could have a few more bigger players soon although not necessarily tougher players or fighters in Paul, Jaros & Harpur in the lineup. And Brown & Batherson will also make the team as a whole lot bigger & harder to play against given their size, reach & strength & maybe even Gagne & Nurmi. Having a bigger team will certainly help to dissuade some collectively but you're right eventually they will need to answer the bell depending who they are going against. A lot of these guys are big but soft & certainly not enforcers by any means. Ottawa does have the assets to acquire a player like that, Crouse comes to mind that wouldn't be too expensive & young but most people don't like those kinds of players & some certainly don't want them or him.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

He isn't big but McCormick is a real aggressor who gets under skin and can do good job stand up for himself.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Agree with bot of you. Certainly fighting shouldn't be their best skill, but toughness along with skill would be nice. McCormick is another guy who can mix it up. I'd love a better Carkner....

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
I don't know for sure but personally, even if Zadina becomes does become a dynamic 35 goal/year winger, which is possible, I just cant see this team regretting picking Brady as the center piece of their rebuild.

He would have to fall so hard on his face for that to happen at this point, and that seems very far fetched based on what we've seen.

Brady is the face of change and a new era of hockey in Ottawa, and hes helped the culture change here from his first rookie game.
Dorion takes a lot of heat and in my opinion has made some judgement errors. I agree with you that a culture change was needed and Dorion judged BT to contribute to that change. It's early but so far so good. I'm with you; they (and we) won't regret the pick even if Zadina nets 35 a year.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
a lot of guys were pretty adamant that Tkachuk was a bad pick. I think Dorion was called every name in the book for picking him by a good chunk of the posters here.

the chef's got the bbq ready to go at this point

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
a lot of guys were pretty adamant that Tkachuk was a bad pick. I think Dorion was called every name in the book for picking him by a good chunk of the posters here.

So many of your posts target other posters. You seem like a pretty smart guy but it really comes across as being sour

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I still would have preferred Zadina but I had no issues with Tkachuk. I've had Matthew in a hockey pool since his rookie year so I definitely am familiar with how effective he can be. It's undeniable how much Keith has guided the development of his sons in their nutrition, athleticsm, and attitude.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I still would have preferred Zadina but I had no issues with Tkachuk. I've had Matthew in a hockey pool since his rookie year so I definitely am familiar with how effective he can be. It's undeniable how much Keith has guided the development of his sons in their nutrition, athleticsm, and attitude.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Zadina won't amount to much

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I’m not going to pretend that I thought it was the right pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->