Value of: Brady Skjei

Status
Not open for further replies.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
wrong, it is a smart post and they flat out outplayed him. Skjei is not displaying much skill or creativity, he has really regressed. I am blowing the whistle and pressing the panic button on this clown. He better get his crap together fast or trade him ASAP before he loses value.

To be fair, this is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read on this forum.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
The upside of Boqvist, his elc status, etc, the fact he was rated higher in some boards I believe, are all factors.
Defensively Skjei is = or superior.
Skating, we call it close.
But bo is RD and has offensive skills.
He could be a very very lite EK.
Maybe, maybe not, but you have to pay to take that chance, or otherwise hold the cards you have and play with what you were dealt.

I would rather have Dobson from the Islanders than Boqvist but that`s just my opinion. Giving up Skjei and Buch is way too much for what your asking in return

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
The issue is that Boqvist is a prospect at this point. You don't send two of your possibly best young players who are actually NHL players, for a prospect that only has hype or potential on his resume. If you argue that Buch has potential, that is all I see in Boqvist at the moment. Buch/Skjei both have a couple of seasons of NHL games under their belts.

Buch is the real deal, we haven't had a truly dynamic forward(homegrown) like him in a while. Skjei is the best LHD we have, this is way too much, I wouldn't take 2nd rd picks here. I am not sure I would consider one of them for Boqvist at this point. He isn't Dahlen.

I think you have really overestimated Buchnevic. He’s a very good scorer but doesn’t bring much else except that and some playmaking. I don’t think he has near the offensive potential as Chytil and maybe even Howden and/or Andersson. Buch is not at all a must keep for the Rangers. The dude doesn’t even seem to have the right mentality or maturity. Even when he does mature, seems like a one dimensional player who likely can’t do in the nhl what he did elsewhere. Buch is only the real deal if the real deal means a possible 2nd line winger or bottom 6 winger who plays very soft. IMO he’s completely expendable for the Rangers.

Now Skjei I like a lot more and think he really could be a top pairing LHD. But what people are saying is true. He had t progressed as I’d hoped and he’s starting to show some bad habits and his head out of the game. I thought he’d turn into our top Dman this season but am really starting to rethink that.

I don’t think either a Buch or Skjei are off the table at this point. I really especially don’t get the Buchnevic hype though. I would trade him for a good 1st round pick in a heartbeat f we could ever get that. Heck, I’d trade him for Will Nylander in a package , or someone like that.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I think you have really overestimated Buchnevic. He’s a very good scorer but doesn’t bring much else except that and some playmaking. I don’t think he has near the offensive potential as Chytil and maybe even Howden and/or Andersson. Buch is not at all a must keep for the Rangers. The dude doesn’t even seem to have the right mentality or maturity. Even when he does mature, seems like a one dimensional player who likely can’t do in the nhl what he did elsewhere. Buch is only the real deal if the real deal means a possible 2nd line winger or bottom 6 winger who plays very soft. IMO he’s completely expendable for the Rangers.

Now Skjei I like a lot more and think he really could be a top pairing LHD. But what people are saying is true. He had t progressed as I’d hoped and he’s starting to show some bad habits and his head out of the game. I thought he’d turn into our top Dman this season but am really starting to rethink that.

I don’t think either a Buch or Skjei are off the table at this point. I really especially don’t get the Buchnevic hype though. I would trade him for a good 1st round pick in a heartbeat f we could ever get that. Heck, I’d trade him for Will Nylander in a package , or someone like that.

Define a good 1st rd pick. Is that a 12OA? I'd like to see Buch in a stable situation before we move him for a pick. You hope a pick might turn into a guy like Buch. The Rangers don't have many guys like Buch, I think that is why he is so valuable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickmo82

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
It's early but the Rangers looked like they stole a franchise, left handed defenseman in Miller this draft. I like Hajek and awful lot. I also like Lindgren. So to me, Skjei would be on the table. What would I want? He's young but his contract is stout. I'm thinking a first 17 to 25. That area and a talented righty prospect.

Maybe Edmonton's first, Puljujarvi for Skjei, Nieves and Namestnikov. Oilers gotta make the playoffs. It's enough already.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I wouldn’t be opposed to moving Skjei but right now he’s having confidence issues, no need to sell him while his value is low. He was very good early on until Quinn said he was trying to do too much which is my only problem with Quinn, Skjei was all over the place early on in a good way. Also, behind Skjei, our LHD is terrible until Miller and Hajek make the team

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It's early but the Rangers looked like they stole a franchise, left handed defenseman in Miller this draft. I like Hajek and awful lot. I also like Lindgren. So to me, Skjei would be on the table. What would I want? He's young but his contract is stout. I'm thinking a first 17 to 25. That area and a talented righty prospect.

Maybe Edmonton's first, Puljujarvi for Skjei, Nieves and Namestnikov. Oilers gotta make the playoffs. It's enough already.

No addition of Nieves is overpayment with currency we are keeping. will consider alternate, but I doubt EDM puts its 1st up for Skjei as the main piece, and they have enuf LD already.
Even if we took Sekera back, they will be slow to offer their 1st.

Reactions: Shootertooter

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I wouldn’t be opposed to moving Skjei but right now he’s having confidence issues, no need to sell him while his value is low. He was very good early on until Quinn said he was trying to do too much which is my only problem with Quinn, Skjei was all over the place early on in a good way. Also, behind Skjei, our LHD is terrible until Miller and Hajek make the team

your right to the extent we would be green and relying on guys like Claesson as Hajek, etc actually join the varsity

but that is subordinate, IMO, to getting more horses
timing is important, can't make these deals in a vacuum when we want, have to strike while iron is hot and buyers are paying top $

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
I love some of the LHD we have signed/acquired lately but it is WAY to early to think we can get rid of Skjei because not everyone is going to pan out the way we hope, that just isn't how prospects works, some of them bust, or don't reach their ceiling.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why do we want Kadri again?
Reliable asset whether kept for production or flipped in trade.
Flexible F, see him more as strong presence W w/some scoring as opposed to C.
It would be nice to have somebody on another line do some of the tip ins besides Kreider. He's very good at it, and he shouldn't shy away from that when the opportunity presents itself, but you don't want your best thoroughbred getting banged up, constantly.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
If you need any Canucks current/future forwards not named Horvat, Boeser and Pettersson, I'd be up for moving them for Skjei.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
No addition of Nieves is overpayment with currency we are keeping. will consider alternate, but I doubt EDM puts its 1st up for Skjei as the main piece, and they have enuf LD already.
Even if we took Sekera back, they will be slow to offer their 1st.
Habs 1st and what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad