Value of: Brady Skjei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes we can`t afford to move another blueline piece like Brady - he is going to get a top 4 role concerning ice time.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
compare his 2nd season to 1st, his points dropped almost 36%, his +/- decreased by a whopping 38, even his hits went down 20. And now in preseason he is not looking anything close to what he was in his 1st full season. I don't want to be stuck with him for 6 seasons when we got a ton of good LD prospects and players.

The Rangers defense.....um.....and the team as a whole was bad. It wasn't simply Skjei.
Management likely sees him as McD jr. He isn't going anywhere for a long time.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
lol I know it’s preseason and range fans wanna abort Staal, Skjei, Namestnikov and Vesey already

With the exception of Skjei who is a decent player, those guys truly aren't really all that good. Staal and Vesey have been meh players for a while and the Rangers who are rebuilding would be prudent to pass them over for younger players at this point.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
With the exception of Skjei who is a decent player, those guys truly aren't really all that good. Staal and Vesey have been meh players for a while and the Rangers who are rebuilding would be prudent to pass them over for younger players at this point.

Matter of time , they will get picks for them eventually

Well Vesey anyway I’m hoping Staal is tradeable even at 50 off

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
he is playing like garbage in preseason, and most of last season, better trade him now before the hype train comes to a screeching halt.

Rangers got Staal, Smith, Claesson, O'Gara, Hajek, Crawley, Miller, Gross, Ragnarsson, Rykov, Day, etc. all LD

Staal, Smith, Claesson, O'Gara, Hajek, and Crawley already are outplaying Skjei in preseason.

Edit: I forgot Lindgren, he also outplayed Skjei in preseason.

He is being thrown in over his head, because guess what, we're not stack on LD like you think. Lindgren isn't ready to play in the NHL this season.

Reactions: haveandare

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
he is playing like garbage in preseason, and most of last season, better trade him now before the hype train comes to a screeching halt.

Rangers got Staal, Smith, Claesson, O'Gara, Hajek, Crawley, Miller, Gross, Ragnarsson, Rykov, Day, etc. all LD

Staal, Smith, Claesson, O'Gara, Hajek, and Crawley already are outplaying Skjei in preseason.

Edit: I forgot Lindgren, he also outplayed Skjei in preseason.
Dumb post, none of those dmen have outplayed Skjei

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Take Lucic off our hands and we can talk.

If we are going to bury that contract - it will not be for Brady, hehe. :)
But who knows what is going to happen, and our new coach actually like Lucic kind of players so who knows. :D

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Dumb post, none of those dmen have outplayed Skjei

wrong, it is a smart post and they flat out outplayed him. Skjei is not displaying much skill or creativity, he has really regressed. I am blowing the whistle and pressing the panic button on this clown. He better get his crap together fast or trade him ASAP before he loses value.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Piece of advice, do not trade Skjei because of O'Gara.

If you don't plan on taking my advice I offer Matt Gryzlyck and a 2020 3rd round pick.

Thanks, I was just making a point that even O'Gara showed more in pre-season. Ultimately we trade Skjei because of Skjei.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
wrong, it is a smart post and they flat out outplayed him. Skjei is not displaying much skill or creativity, he has really regressed. I am blowing the whistle and pressing the panic button on this clown. He better get his crap together fast or trade him ASAP before he loses value.
The only dman who legit outplayed Skjei was Deangelo, that’s it. Skjei is only in his 3rd year and is counted on as the 1D, of course he’ll struggle a bit to adjust but he hasn’t been bad, you just overreact to everything/have really bad takes. Don’t think anyone takes you seriously

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
The only dman who legit outplayed Skjei was Deangelo, that’s it. Skjei is only in his 3rd year and is counted on as the 1D, of course he’ll struggle a bit to adjust but he hasn’t been bad, you just overreact to everything/have really bad takes. Don’t think anyone takes you seriously

wrong again on all counts.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Rangers need more dmen like Skjei, which makes this thread pretty dumb.

Avoid dumb. The neat think about these boards is people can have a conversation on their opinions and possibly learn something along the way. Is it so hard for you to just say, the Rangers should keep Skjei?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Avoid dumb. The neat think about these boards is people can have a conversation on their opinions and possibly learn something along the way. Is it so hard for you to just say, the Rangers should keep Skjei?

Probably should take that advice in the Price topic.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Take Lucic off our hands and we can talk.

There is no reason to talk. NYR are not taking Lucic, not for Staal, not for any bad contract we currently have, Lucic is likely the worst contract in the league at this point.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Teams would definitely be interested, as for what that is tough to say. Young top 4 cost controlled Dman will always be sought after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad