Value of: Brady Skjei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He's not available but if so every team in the league wants in including my sabres

I think he is more available than you think. Rangers are fairly stacked on LD.

I was curious though which teams currently have a a glaring need on LD?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

This is completely wrong... We have a lot of LH defensemen prospects but they are all mediocre as hell and few of them have any top 4 potential. Staal is a bottom pair defensemen, Smith somewhere between bottom and 2nd pair defensemen if he gets back to his normal play prior to beeing traded and in the playoffs with us.

Skjei is our best LH defensemen, young and locked up longterm.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Again...he's young and cost controlled...he's not expendable to the rangers.

And not to repeat myself but every team so to speak can use a lhd. Especially one who as I have said is young and cost controlled lol. Oh I didn't mentioned untapped upside...he's got that too.

If you want one of buffalo's later firsts and a package of lesser prospects and a cap dump for sure we can talk otherwise I'm sure your own fan base would tell you to stay far away from my offer as they should...

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Why is he available in your eyes?

he is playing like garbage in preseason, and most of last season, better trade him now before the hype train comes to a screeching halt.

Rangers got Staal, Smith, Claesson, O'Gara, Hajek, Crawley, Miller, Gross, Ragnarsson, Rykov, Day, etc. all LD

Staal, Smith, Claesson, O'Gara, Hajek, and Crawley already are outplaying Skjei in preseason.

Edit: I forgot Lindgren, he also outplayed Skjei in preseason.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Again...he's young and cost controlled...he's not expendable to the rangers.

And not to repeat myself but every team so to speak can use a lhd. Especially one who as I have said is young and cost controlled lol. Oh I didn't mentioned untapped upside...he's got that too.

If you want one of buffalo's later firsts and a package of lesser prospects and a cap dump for sure we can talk otherwise I'm sure your own fan base would tell you to stay far away from my offer as they should...

I would trade him for those 2 1st rounders you got from trades, would throw some lesser prospect in to sweeten it.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
he is playing like garbage in preseason, and most of last season, better trade him now before the hype train comes to a screeching halt.

Rangers got Staal, Smith, Claesson, O'Gara, Hajek, Crawley, Miller, Gross, Ragnarsson, Rykov, Day, etc. all LD

Staal, Smith, Claesson, O'Gara, Hajek, and Crawley already are outplaying Skjei in preseason.

:help:

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

compare his 2nd season to 1st, his points dropped almost 36%, his +/- decreased by a whopping 38, even his hits went down 20. And now in preseason he is not looking anything close to what he was in his 1st full season. I don't want to be stuck with him for 6 seasons when we got a ton of good LD prospects and players.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
compare his 2nd season to 1st, his points dropped almost 36%, his +/- decreased by a whopping 38, even his hits went down 20. And now in preseason he is not looking anything close to what he was in his 1st full season. I don't want to be stuck with him for 6 seasons when we got a ton of good LD prospects and players.
Where do you get this from? We dont have tons of good LD prospects and players? We have a lot of good AHL and fringe NHL LH defensemen and very average LH defensive prospects with low potential.

Reactions: haveandare

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
And not to repeat myself but every team so to speak can use a lhd.

A pretty ridiculous statement. The Lightning for instance already have Hedman and McDonagh on the left; I’m pretty sure they aren’t dying to add a $5M+ defenseman to their bottom pairing.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

Piece of advice, do not trade Skjei because of O'Gara.

If you don't plan on taking my advice I offer Matt Gryzlyck and a 2020 3rd round pick.

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
I think this post is a fine example of psychological warfare. An enemy agent, such as a Flyers or Devils fan (Go Devils!), has infiltrated the Rangers fan base and has taken upon him or her the task of making said fan base look silly, therefore weakening the fan base from within. Such tactics are both devious and brilliant and I applaud your efforts.

That being said, Skjei is a solid top 4 at worst who is cost controlled for a bit. That has a lot of value. Trade him for a similar player who fills another need on your team, such as a LHD to fill the gaping hole losing Skjei will create.

Reactions: missionAvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad