Player Discussion Brady Skjei

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Guy had a beast of a game. Just keep proving all the haters wrong Skjei, we know what you really are :)

You can't possibly be talking about the Montreal game. Outside of the nice rush he had that he accidentally lost control of luckily right to Panarin, he was completely atrocious.

How many turnovers did he have in the first period alone?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You can't possibly be talking about the Montreal game. Outside of the nice rush he had that he accidentally lost control of luckily right to Panarin, he was completely atrocious.

How many turnovers did he have in the first period alone?

Yes I was. He was a beast on the ice, simple as that.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
To me it's simple. Skate the puck up the ice when you have it.

When are defending, dont be a spaz. Take away the cross pass, and if you're going to block a shot commit all the way, or get out of the way. Dont chase guys to expose the slot.

Do that and you'll be fine. Just chill out and watch tapes of McDonagh on your free time and imitate what he does.

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Outside of the big rush...I thought he was just fair last night but some of my Hab friends were talking about him and how good he played....go figure...everybody sees stuff differently I guess . They figured he would be a great addition to their D if a trade was to occur .

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
The frustrating thing about Brady is if he just took a page out of Ryan Lindgren’s book instead of trying to take one out of Morgan Reilly’s he’d literally be twice as effective.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
On the subject of Brady Skjei and fighting. Last night was his second time. It didn't go any better than the first time. You can almost see the gears turning in his head--grab hold and hold on and 'if I punch this guy is that going to escalate this situation I've found myself in even further?'---which is to say some people (those who can't fully engage) should never do it and Brady is one of them.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Skjei is an extremely frustrating player but he is waaaaaay overhated on this board
That may be, but I also think that this board generally underrates how is probably perceived around the league. We do tend to create our own echo chamber around here.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
On the subject of Brady Skjei and fighting. Last night was his second time. It didn't go any better than the first time. You can almost see the gears turning in his head--grab hold and hold on and 'if I punch this guy is that going to escalate this situation I've found myself in even further?'---which is to say some people (those who can't fully engage) should never do it and Brady is one of them.
I mean, he obviously didn't land any meaningful blows, but once they grappled, he hurled the guy to the ice Kreider/McDonagh style. It's not like I'm worried for him when it happens. He's an ox.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

No offense, but this is a horrendous take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad