Player Discussion Brady Skjei

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
This type of stat is tracked and it's called a shot assist (pass that leads to a shot attempt). I just can't remember which stats guy does it.

Thanks, just seems like if they are weighing things like primary and secondary assists, Corsi events should also be weighted.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It seems like you got offended that the guy is saying Skjei is having a good season...
Skjei's having a very good season, but I don't think we should look at his Pts/GP rate and think that's what we should expect going forward.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Skjei's having a very good season, but I don't think we should look at his Pts/GP rate and think that's what we should expect going forward.

Well you could technically assume that he'll get better next season as well

e: his overall game will get better so the point totals might be similar even if he's less lucky

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Well you could technically assume that he'll get better next season as well

e: his overall game will get better so the point totals might be similar even if he's less lucky
Yes, agreed. And I expect that he will.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brady won that game in OT. After Raanta made the initial save it was Brady getting back and reaching with his stick that forced Palmieri to rush and put the rebound wide. Then he makes a perfect stretch pass to Zibs. Tape to tape in stride. He has come a long way since the start of the season. Really looking solid at both ends.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
kids been great

love the way his play has developed.

his stride is so sweet.

intelligent play plus wheels works well together

a future core kid for sure

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Yea he has vastly exceeded expectations. Similar to McDonagh his game seems to have developed another dimension in the pros.

Another example of why we should be cavalierly throwing away "late firsts in a weak draft" like they have no value.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Since the new year Skjei has been simply spectacular.

1st among D in p/60 (10th overall)

2nd among D in relCF%, behind Clendening (3rd overall, Clendening and Kreider)

2nd among D in relxGF%, behind Clendening (5th overall, Kreider, Clendo, Stepan, Zucc)

None of them are particularly close either.

Still some things about his game that give me heart disease but I've been real happy with him lately.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Since the new year Skjei has been simply spectacular.

1st among D in p/60 (10th overall)

2nd among D in relCF%, behind Clendening (3rd overall, Clendening and Kreider)

2nd among D in relxGF%, behind Clendening (5th overall, Kreider, Clendo, Stepan, Zucc)

None of them are particularly close either.

Still some things about his game that give me heart disease but I've been real happy with him lately.

That's what happens when you're a rookie, ya do some really stupid ****. The kinks in his game will iron out with time. If he turns into a more offensive Brett Hedican, then holy crap will he be a steal at the end of the 1st round.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Skjei >>> Yandle. Totes.
Funny thing is I never said this, that's your lame interpretation. Reread my original post again, Skjei has exceeded expectations especially with his offense. It might turn out to have been a smart move to let Yandle walk after all, that's what I said. You can't argue it's looking more and more like the correct long term move for this team. I was and still am a Yandle fan, not one of those he's terrible playing D posters.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
best part of his game is the escapability down low while carrying puck to beat the forecheck. very underrated.

also his activation in the offensive zone where he carries the puck down low and makes plays to the net. only 3 guys have more EV assists or something from the backend?

Last edited:

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Funny thing is I never said this, that's your lame interpretation. Reread my original post again, Skjei has exceeded expectations especially with his offense. It might turn out to have been a smart move to let Yandle walk after all, that's what I said. You can't argue it's looking more and more like the correct long term move for this team. I was and still am a Yandle fan, not one of those he's terrible playing D posters.

Same, and this is coming from a Yandle fan as well. Never thought Skjei would have this sort of offense.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yea he has vastly exceeded expectations. Similar to McDonagh his game seems to have developed another dimension in the pros.

Another example of why we should be cavalierly throwing away "late firsts in a weak draft" like they have no value.

Yeah - the only thing a weak draft means is that it's the time for your scouts to shine, not go off central scouting lists or whatever. You can still find top 6 forwards and top 4 defensemen in any first round pick.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
in a perfect world would be nice to have both Yandle and Skjei but could you imagine if A.) we traded away skjei or even B) he didn't continue his development on an upward trend.
this kid has really taken the bull by horns especially after 3 of our veteran defenseman have continued to regress.
Getting more ice time than any other dman last game and against a very good opposition

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
best part of his game is the escapability down low while carrying puck to beat the forecheck. very underrated.

also his activation in the offensive zone where he carries the puck down low and makes plays to the net. only 3 guys have more EV assists or something from the backend?

very true thats why he has been able to overcome some of the early poor decision making he made with the puck during his tough stretch in nov/dec i believe. he's able to skate so well with terrific size. im sure he will continue to improve his decision making as his development goes on as well as get even stronger on his skates.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Brady is officially a 30 point dman as a rookie. Super impressed with his play this year. Since December he's been one of the 2 best defensemen night after night for the most part.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Brady has been killing it easily our 2nd best defensemen for a few months now which we need desperately

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Only 2 other Rangers rookie D-men have had more points in a single season than Brady Skjei, who tied Sergei Zubov's 31 points last night.

Those other 2 are Brian Leetch with 71 and Michael Del Zotto with 37

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad