Confirmed with Link: Brady Skjei re-signed [6 years, $5.25MM AAV]

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Roughly 7% of the cap.. Slightly better than the Mac deal.

These are the new cap numbers. You don't base the AAV off of 5 years ago

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I think it's only fair to state that when McDonagh signed that contract, he had already solidified himself as the team's #1 defenseman as well as a highly regarded top pairing defenseman if we're going to make the comparison between the contracts. Brady isn't at the level Mac was at and he in all likelihood will never hit the ceiling Mac hit as well. The McDonagh contract was a steal from the get go while this one, to me, just seems like a fair deal. Like any long term deal for a comparable player, you're overpaying early on in hopes that his progression continues and it hopefully will with increased minutes and a new coaching staff this season.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Think this is a completely fair deal. I think Skjei is going to excel under a new coaching staff with a way better defensive system. Skjei can still skate.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Bridge him? So if he turns into a top pair dman in a year or two and we have to pay him 7-8million? This is a great contract to lock him up through his prime years.

Even if he stays the same, a good 2nd pair dman, 5 million in the going price. Really at a loss how anyone could think this is anything but extremely fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad