Brad Richards?

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
I could see Calgary offering more.

We're also up near the cap drop next year, right? I'd happily take him on a 3 million deal but I can see us getting outbid (again). Would make a pretty nice center depth though...
Kopitar
Richards/Carter
Stoll
Richards...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Agreed. Was gonna say CGY needs a "#1 center". I put that in quotes because B. Richards has been a joke lately. He looks like such a burnout.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Need players under 30 on the rise, not ones older than 30 on the decline.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
He is 33, we shouldn't be looking to sign him for more than 2 years at a Gagne type of contract. But I would say he is option B if he is bought out, Clarkson would be my first option if $$$ is right.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think other clubs would be willing to offer him more. However if he wanted to come here cheap I would welcome him. Would be nice to have him now with Stoll being out.
With such a dramatic fall he must be injured or something.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
LMAO!!! Sather at his best!!! Most overrated GM in the league and the argument could be made for all sports in NA.

Lead Role in a Cage

Mar 27, 2008
I think Sather is doing a pretty good job. He/his owner can afford these contracts and when he can't, he makes chicken soup out of chicken sxit, e.g. Gomez-McDonagh +, Gaborik-Dorsett/Brassard/Moore, or will but them out (Redden and?). The Rangers are drafting above average.

Imo he needs to find first line stuff, either via the draft or shrewd trade for talent, instead of the free agency retirement route.

They are a competitive team. Just needs top talent.

I'd probably do Richards for a year or two.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I still think it's funny how everyone was gushing over the NYR roster at the start of the season.

Lundquist had a rough start but is the second best goalie left in the playoffs behind Quick. If Staal was healthy I think they would have the second best d unit next to the hawks, and lets be honest their forwards should be a lot better than they are playing.
I still think their roster is a top 10 maybe 5 in the league. Either way it is up there.
They need to can Torts as he has been tuned out. Happens with aggressive coach's.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Williams and Brown don't score enough goals to be in the top 2 lines. Especially when the bottom 6 don't chip in enough. I'm not saying we need to trade them, I'm just saying we need more skill up top.

But shouldn't we fix the bottom six as well and focus on more balanced scoring than just focus on 3 players?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Williams and Brown don't score enough goals to be in the top 2 lines. Especially when the bottom 6 don't chip in enough. I'm not saying we need to trade them, I'm just saying we need more skill up top.

Depending on return I have always been on the fence on Williams. No chance I want to move on from Brown.
Seems too harsh too quick to make this statement. We are one year removed from winning it all with these two players as key components.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008

We really don't. We just need our players with skill to play like they have some.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad