TSN: Brad Richards NOT being bought out

Status
Not open for further replies.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
At the end of the day, I have hope that he can turn it around for one season before we cut him or trade him...Which is unlikely.

This FA class stinks

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If you think they haven't talked about every possible out come with this I can assure you that you're dead wrong. Sather may make mistakes but I'm sure they know what this could do. And explaining this to Dolan doesn't mean he'll listen, camon now. Hell, if this handicaps the team that much, good. Let it handicap the team. Let Lundqvist walk if he wants 9 million dollars, hell let Callahan walk if he wants more than 5 million. Not like the Rangers have won anything with em anyway. Or hell, maybe it won't do anything and things will be fine. Maybe the Rangers should stop looking for other teams to produce talent. Rangers could do with a few years of bottom finishes to finally get some real talent on this team.

So you go from defending the Richards decision to supporting tanking. 2 wild extremes not really thought out clearly.

Have you sent your resume to Sather?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
So you go from defending the Richards decision to supporting tanking. 2 wild extremes not really thought out clearly.

Have you sent your resume to Sather?

No, my favorite part of that post is that we don't develop enough talent, so lets trade our developed franchise goalie and homegrown captain. :facepalm:

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
No, my favorite part of that post is that we don't develop enough talent, so lets trade our developed franchise goalie and homegrown captain. :facepalm:

Never said trade. Reading skills. I said if we lose them due to richards it's the organizations own damn fault and I won't let it upset me. Nice try, though.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
I'm not gonna let this bother me, i have 0 control over the situation. I can't change it so I'm not gonna spend my day being pissed and annoyed over it. You wanna do that? Be my guest. You're still gonna watch the games and spend money on the team so it's not like anything will change.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Think of it this way: what's the best case scenario for this decision? Richards wins another Conn Smythe? Realistically this makes us a slightly better team, and that's assuming he can regain at least decent form; not a certainty at all. The best case scenario, I think, is Beav puts up decent numbers (which won't be the difference between us winning a cup and not) and doesn't get hurt. Is that really worth the risk? This was a bad decision.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
Think of it this way: what's the best case scenario for this decision? Richards wins another Conn Smythe? Realistically this makes us a slightly better team, and that's assuming he can regain at least decent form; not a certainty at all. The best case scenario, I think, is Beav puts up decent numbers (which won't be the difference between us winning a cup and not) and doesn't get hurt. Is that really worth the risk? This was a bad decision.

I can agree with that.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Never said trade. Reading skills. I said if we lose them due to richards it's the organizations own damn fault and I won't let it upset me. Nice try, though.

I hate to break it to you, but you will never be able to obtain a high pick with Lundqvist playing 60+ games, no matter what kind of crap you put in front of him.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Don't get me wrong, I would like nothing more than to see Beav contribute to a championship with this team, but come on. And I'm as big of an optimist as there is concerning this team. We'll see.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Even if Richards was making 2 million fans would still ***** about not buying him out. It's ridiculous. No one else available is better and I'm sure Ranger fans would ***** and complain if they signed Briere or Lecaviler or Weiss. Richards will be fine, probably have 60 points. Also, he isn't very physical to begin with and has been injured, what, once in his career? I'll take the risk.

He may get 60 pts but if he's on the ice for 70 against what good is he? Also 6.6 m could help bring in multiple upgrades to the bottom six. Doesn't have to be a big ticket replacement considering he's our third best c who doesn't fit. Defending this guy is absurd.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I hate to break it to you, but you will never be able to obtain a high pick with Lundqvist playing 60+ games, no matter what kind of crap you put in front of him.

Seriously, Hank would win 30 games on the ****ing Melbourne Mustangs of the Australian League.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm not gonna let this bother me, i have 0 control over the situation. I can't change it so I'm not gonna spend my day being pissed and annoyed over it. You wanna do that? Be my guest. You're still gonna watch the games and spend money on the team so it's not like anything will change.

Sounds kind of like Drury's remark about not letting a loss a few days before--ruin his christmas--or even like you don't care who is on the team and even whether or not they win or lose. A loss is as good as a better draft pick and we'll worry about winning some other time.

The Rangers I would think you would know this by now are not going to be satisfied with tanking. They'll do anything but that--they might not make the playoffs but the best this team is going to do is come in around 10 at the draft--because no matter how mediocre they do get in any give season they will move heaven and earth to make a run for that last playoff spot no matter how crappy their chances are--and you know what that's not necessarily a bad way. It might not bring you championships like the ****ing Pens (but there are plenty of fans and not just Rangers who look at that as bs) but fans of any team want the games they see to have some kind of meaning.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
why you gotta rag out on my Mustangs??? :rant:

just kidding, they suck. We all know the Ice is the true Melbourne powerhouse team.... ;)

I like the Mustangs, but if you transported them to the NHL and added Lundqvist, I think it would be frighteningly similar to the Rangers :laugh:

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I like the Mustangs, but if you transported them to the NHL and added Lundqvist, I think it would be frighteningly similar to the Rangers :laugh:

The most alarming thing is that you are aware of the existence of the Mustangs. I'm in Melbourne and you'd be lucky if 1 in 50 people here knew who they were!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The most alarming thing is that you are aware of the existence of the Mustangs. I'm in Melbourne and you'd be lucky if 1 in 50 people here knew who they were!

One of my friends retweeted their official twitter, and seeing that of course my reaction was "THERE'S HOCKEY IN AUSTRALIA?!? :amazed:" I followed out of curiosity, and yeah for like the past 2 weeks I'm getting Mustangs scores on my feed :laugh:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
i absolutely don't understand the Rozy appreciation thing by the way MH and anyone else.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
i absolutely don't understand the Rozy appreciation thing by the way MH and anyone else.

He was treated unfairly by the fans for not leaving up to his obscene payroll and ridiculous role on the ice, and many of us are realizing in retrospect that he was given that money and role because he was the only NHL defenseman on a couple of the teams he was on. He's had really good solid seasons in more realistic roles elsewhere and it's nice to see him succeed.

I gave him alot of **** because I expected him to be a $6million 30 minute a game D-man; I realize now looking at those rosters in 07 and 08 that he was forced into that because we had no depth.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
He was treated unfairly by the fans for not leaving up to his obscene payroll and ridiculous role on the ice, and many of us are realizing in retrospect that he was given that money and role because he was the only NHL defenseman on a couple of the teams he was on. He's had really good solid seasons in more realistic roles elsewhere and it's nice to see him succeed.

I gave him alot of **** because I expected him to be a $6million 30 minute a game D-man; I realize now looking at those rosters in 07 and 08 that he was forced into that because we had no depth.

still. The only potential ex-Ranger that I would cheer for would be... Henrik.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Why did you expect that? Because our idiot GM bestowed a big contract on him? Rozy was a good story and a good soldier for this team given his abilities.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why did you expect that? Because our idiot GM bestowed a big contract on him? Rozy was a good story and a good soldier for this team given his abilities.

Hindsight is 20/20. I didn't realize how bad the rest of those teams were until later when I looked back and realized Lundqvist, Jagr, Straka, and Rozsival were the only players worth a damn.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
still. The only potential ex-Ranger that I would cheer for would be... Henrik.

That's you--definitely not me. There are many players I continue to like and follow after they have left the Rangers. Obviously, I don't necessarily want them to score the winning goal against the Rangers, but I hope they do well.

I will never stop rooting for Arty Anisimov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad