TSN: Brad Richards has been BOUGHT OUT.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Deep down Richards is probably ecstatic. Made 33 millions dollars in 3 years and now get's another contract.

Good player, but at the end of the day the money was needed.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Adios.

Anyone know where he lives? I'll gladly help him move out.

How anyone could be remotely impressed with his tenure here is beyond me. Goes to show how little of other teams you all watch if are satisfied with Brad.

The guy was a dynamite playmaker and PP point man in Tampa and Dallas. Signed with us, ate chocolate and drank wine all summer and that was that. We didn't see anything close to the player we anticipated when we signed him.

Today is the highlight of his career as a Ranger.

He had his moments but as a huge Richards fan and supporter who expected more, I concur. It's not like he was 37.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I honestly think Richards really helped guys like Stepan/Mcdonagh/etc.. and in his 3 years here we did make the ECF and the SCF.. you can't say its been a complete bust.

and I don't understand the "one year too late crowd".. we just made the SCF with him.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Adios.

How anyone could be remotely impressed with his tenure here is beyond me. Goes to show how little of other teams you all watch if are satisfied with Brad.

The guy was a dynamite playmaker and PP point man in Tampa and Dallas. Signed with us, ate chocolate and drank wine all summer and that was that. We didn't see anything close to the player we anticipated when we signed him.

He's Canadian not Spanish

You probably wouldn't

I watch every team and am mildly satisfied

Probably not

No its not

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Thanks for three years with two deep runs which Brad was very much a part of. It's mainly a math move but he was losing his legs, and we got a glimpse during the lockout year of what the worst of Brad Richards looked like.

All in all, a pretty okay big free agent signing and we will miss his solid point contribution and LEADERSHIP. Good luck, Brad!

KreiMeARiver*

He was a big part of 2 of my top 5 best years since I've been a fan...

so for that, I'm very grateful.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I will always cherish the memory of being in the building for that tying goal against WSH. Thanks to Richards for what he did for us.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
I'm glad the NHL's new schedule allows for a home and home series vs opposite conference games, because Richards deserves a good cheer in his first appearance back at the Garden.

He was absolutely maddening at times, but looking back I think Richards had a positive influence on this team. Brought less performance than I had hoped though.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
He had his moments but as a huge Richards fan and supporter who expected more, I concur. It's not like he was 37.

Yup. He was supposed to be in his prime.

77 points in 72 games the season before signing with NYR. Turned from a PPG guy to a 65 guy in the span of a few months. That was his smallest drop in play too.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Not buying him out was also a massive gamble. If he was injured right now we would be royally screwed.

If doesn't matter... Especially in this case.

If he was bought out last year then it's pretty easy to say that we wouldn't have been in the Finals, let alone the playoffs.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Adios.

Yeah. Pretty sure those 66 points his first year, .72 ppg plus numerous clutch goals were all meaningless. Give me a break

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
This was one of the few Sather signings that I was on board with. I was a big fan of Richards pre-Rangers. But other than a few good moments here and there, Richards, like many before him, was largely a disappointment as a Ranger.

I know he is well respected and de facto captain, whatever, but I wasn't exactly impressed with his character. Whether it be showing up to camp out of shape during the lockout or insinuating that the Garden faithful were responsible for the PP woes at home, his personality rubbed me the wrong way. He was far from what I expected both on and off the ice.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
they knew all along they had the buyout this year as well.. they knew the risk was minimal that he'd get injured, and wanted to see him in a new coach/system.. and seeing as we made the SCF.. I'd say it was a good gamble
and in 3 years he was here.. we made the ECF and SCF.. I mean it was a move that had to be done, I just dont get the hate now that its happened

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
paul-stastny-nhl-colorado-avalanche-edmonton-oilers.jpg

inbound on 7/1

the stasny era begins ??

AHB*

This is the happiest I've seen you.

Lol, I was really worried this wouldn't happen and Slats would do something stupid.

I actually wish we could keep Richards. I wish the NHL would allow restructuring of contracts. He'd be worth 3-4 Mil a year. But we can't afford it and he has to go.

This also will allow us to benefit on the PP without him dragging it down.

Overall, we had 2 good runs with this guy. He was an integral piece of both those teams. His tenure here was a good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad