TSN: Brad Richards has been BOUGHT OUT.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Loved the contract in the old CBA, because I knew it would be easy enough to get out of without too much of a financial penalty.

(When we signed him) Did not seeing it happen this soon, did not see it carrying ZERO financial penalty.

When it's all said and done, big picture, Brad was a pretty big piece of this NYR team for the past three years. Two ECFs, one SCF. One really rough year.

I hope he can pick it up elsewhere.

Now the fun of filling in that 2C hole begins :scared:

Thanks, Brad!

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Once the new CBA went into effect, this was a move that ultimately would need to be done... I'll miss the guy.. good guy off the ice and really stepped up alot this year, but had to be done.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Money aside this is the best move for the team. Richards lost a step and they need a young center who can skate and protect the puck to replace him.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Love the guy but this was inevitable. Too long of a contract for someone whose legs are already fading.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
Money aside this is the best move for the team. Richards lost a step and they need a young center who can skate and protect the puck to replace him.

The trick is finding one. Most of the teams in the league would like the same thing.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Not too worried about our center depth.

I think Brassard can be a good enough 2nd line C. Stepan needs to be more consistent to be a complete #1. Can see that happening.

D. Moore 3C. Boyle 4th line.

Not dynamic in scoring, but was it when we made our runs in 12' and 14'? Not worried.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
BRheadercropped2.jpg

Thank you Beaver for your time here, but this move had to be done for the sake of NYR's future progress. Definitely some memories will be remembered. Good luck to you moving forward! :):handclap:

Now sign Stralzy!!!!!!

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
bradrichards_4690-430x298.jpg

Been real Brad. Liked you as a person, and enjoyed the success the team had with you in the line up in the playoffs the last three seasons.

Going to be a challenge to replace a 50 pt 2nd line center, but the legs just weren't there any more.

See, he cut his flow and his legs started going out... Same with Nash.

I hope Hagelin is paying attention....

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
That blue mouth guard was really badly thought out. Do we really want to emphasize those teeth?

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
So who is our new whipping boy?

He seemed like a good guy, but man almighty, I'm glad those turnovers are gone. He drove me nuts.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He gave us some good hockey and some mediocre hockey. This is the right decision, though we were still a better team with him than without him most of the time he was here.

Maybe this gives more freedom to guys like McDonagh on the power play.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
I can actually say that it was worth signing him for the years he played in NY. He has been a decent part of those ECF and Stanley Cup runs. A free agent move Sather finally doesn't truly regret. Just a numbers game. Bye Brad. Class act and has had great career. Hopefully he signs in the west!

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Adios.

Anyone know where he lives? I'll gladly help him move out.

How anyone could be remotely impressed with his tenure here is beyond me. Goes to show how little of other teams you all watch if are satisfied with Brad.

The guy was a dynamite playmaker and PP point man in Tampa and Dallas. Signed with us, ate chocolate and drank wine all summer and that was that. We didn't see anything close to the player we anticipated when we signed him.

Today is the highlight of his career as a Ranger.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
As much as he struggled, it's really pretty amazing what the team accomplished in his short time here with an up and down guy at center taking up that kind of cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad