Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Brad Marchand is a year younger than Sidney Crosby and Sid’s on the 2nd line in this guys lineup. If Sid is on the team then so is Marchy.

Crosby has never had double hip surgery. He has to go through two and a half years of hockey and will be going on 38. I think the odds are against him making
Team Canada. At that age good chance he regresses a fair amount.

McDavid, McKinnon, Bedard, Crosby, Point, Stamkos, Stone, Marchssault, Marner, Verhaege Dubois should slot ahead of soon to be 38 year old Marchand.at that point. Then you have guys like Couzens, Suzuki, Nugent-Hopkins, Giroux, Konecny will get consideration every bit as much as Marchand.

Think your letting your fandom color his chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Crosby has never had double hip surgery. He has to go through two and a half years of hockey and will be going on 38. I think the odds are against him making
Team Canada. At that age good chance he regresses a fair amount.

McDavid, McKinnon, Bedard, Crosby, Point, Stamkos, Stone, Marchssault, Marner, Verhaege Dubois should slot ahead of soon to be 38 year old Marchand.at that point. Then you have guys like Couzens, Suzuki, Nugent-Hopkins, Giroux, Konecny will get consideration every bit as much as Marchand.

Think your letting your fandom color his chances.
If you are referring to 2026 TEAM Canada, Crosby will +- 39, Stamkos (who had bad injuries also) will be around 35/36, Claude Giroux 37 and correctly Marchand 38.... so imo, the next Canadian Team will be completely new for the exception maybe of Crosby! We will have the opportunity to see what this group can do.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If you are referring to 2026 TEAM Canada, Crosby will +- 39, Stamkos (who had bad injuries also) will be around 35/36, Claude Giroux 37 and correctly Marchand 38.... so imo, the next Canadian Team will be completely new for the exception maybe of Crosby! We will have the opportunity to see what this group can do.

Stamkos has familiarity with Point and that helps his cause.

Reactions: Bradely

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
He looks great. 3 goals, 6 points in 4 games, trolling everyone. And if he gets put on a line with Pasta he’s only going to get better.
i think it's going to be as it's been since monty took over. the lines blend every night. marchand will get his shifts with poitras
and whoever, but monty will load up with 63/18/88 on multiple occasions throughout games.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I hope not. Marchand-Poitras isn't helping anyone.
We don't have enough evidence to say this conclusively.

Poitras appears to do a good job at puck retrieval and quickly dishing from tight against the boards. That should feed right into Brad's wheelhouse. We'll see if they evolve into anything next few times they share a line, I'm sure.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Poitras appears to do a good job at puck retrieval and quickly dishing from tight against the boards. That should feed right into Brad's wheelhouse. We'll see if they evolve into anything next few times they share a line, I'm sure.
I see it that way as well. Their games complement each other on paper. Super small sample size is not enough to say conclusively those two playing together will work well or not.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

You may be right... but I think they're too similar. I'm seeing them both want to be first on puck retrievals and end up on top of each other. I think they both want to be the guy controlling the puck, twisting and turning and buying time for line mates to get open.

Maybe they'll adapt to each other with more time, but I think they both look 100x better apart. Poitras was invisible on the Marchand line in the SJ game and the start of the LA game and his first shift with Frederic against LA and boom, he sets up 3 prime scoring chances. Then they switch the lines to play Poitras with Lucic and Geekie and he suddenly is the player we saw in camp and the first two games, controlling the puck and making plays including the 3rd 'assist' on the Geekie goal.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I was trying to figure out what he was saying when he was chirping to the LA bench after he scored last night. It was something along the lines of “how’d ya like that one?…. F—- you.”

Classic

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad