Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
holy crap... no posts since july showing this guy any love? shame on all of us

100 point season for brad as he celebrates turning 30 and gets better and better and better and better and better every freaking game we see him out there in our black and gold

and kick in my a$$ for ever suggesting that this is the type of player that is likely going to disappear as he turns 30 and loses a step. I actually wasn't in favor of resigning him. stupid stupid stupid

thank god the guys that run the b's know a hell of a lot more about hockey then I do

and thank god for brad marchand… this guy is so freaking good and we should be posting every freaking day how lucky we are to have him out there on our team

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
First game of the season he feeds Eller his teeth after Eller taunts his team.

Next two games he puts up 6 assists.

I love this guy. Him and Bergy 5ever.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
in marchands last 82 regular season games played he has 38 goaks and 103 points
but anyone that thinks this is a fluke...

in his last 164 regular season games he has 76 goals and 184 points

a 35 goal-90 point season has become this guys norm... this guys 'average' production pace

this is despite the injuries to his linemates… the suspensions... despite everything. this Is the real production this guy generates. and yet when someone brings up marchand for mvp they always act like they are saying something controversial or half joking and everyone quickly 'agrees' that he hurts his team with the antics

if marchand isn't the most underrated guy in the nhl today... I don't know what the word underrated means.

and if hes not the best player in the nhl over the past 2 years... I don't know anything about hockey either. I see mcjesus a lot and hes very impressive with his speed and it doesn't really evaluate his teammates and it doesn't really lead to a lot of wins for his team. hes held pointless often when his team is desperate for a win. dangerous scorer no doubt... but not in marchands level as far as an mvp goes or having an impact on a game

Crosby... probably a better contender for marchand but marchand has become the better scorer... helps his linemates more... and is better defensively

mackinnon.. lets see the kid do it for 2 years before he enters this conversation...

hall? his claim to fame is that his linemates sucked... how does that make someone an mvp? mvp are suppose to make linemates better.

marchand has elevated Bergeron from a 50 point guy to a 30 goal and point per game player these past 3 years when healthy...and pastrnak may have become a ppg scorer even without marchand but with marchand… wow

I am tempted to say marchand is the second most special winger ive ever seen on the bruins now... and this is coming from a guy that would eat the dirt oreilly walked through. can marchand pass neely to become our best winger of the past 50 years? I am going to be watching because I think its possible... holy crap this guy has been good these past couple years

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
in last 82 games played

mcjesus 107 points
McKinnon 103 points {but more goals}
marchand 103 points
Giroux 103 points {less goals}
malkin 102 points
and kucherov 101 points

why isn't marchand being talked about with these other guys in the same sentence for mvp and ted linsey consideration

mcjesus barely scores more {same number of goals but 4 extra assits… that's the diffence} certainly isn't as physical... isn't nearly the same defensive player... and doesn't agitate the other team with pest antics {YES PEST ANTICS ACTUALLY THROW THE OTHER TEAM OFF THEIR GAME PLAN AND HELP LEAD TO WINS} {{AND DOUBLE YES, MARCHANDS TEAM ACTUALLY DOES WIN GAMES AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS}}

and marchand makes his linemates better... when Bergeron is hurt or pastrnak is moved to another line marchand continues to score at the same pace. he isn't being 'made' by his linemates. marchand is the engine. he took riley nash and turned him into a ppg player last year lol. marchand elevates his linemates. Bergeron has gone from a 50 point guy to a ppg player thanks to marchand.

it really freaks me out that this guy cant get some love in the national media because its necessary for the big awards. ive never ever ever seen someone improve their game this much after they turned 27. he went from a nice little top 6 winger to one of the top 5 players in the nhl. and in my opinion the case can be made that he is number 1.

lets show this guy some much earned/much deserved love because hes giving us sooooooo damn much that is worthy of our love

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Ah, Brad....he pisses you off, but then, so do a lot of people in life.

His antics are aggravating, but as I said to a Caps fan who's a friend of mine, "Yeah, he's a pest, but I would really hate to see what Boston's forwards group would look like without him." It would be bad. It's bad enough Bergeron's getting older and all that. I don't see too many people asking what's gonna happen when Brad's gone

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Bergeron gets the majority of the credit for really “driving” that first line, but Brad’s the guy you give it to in order to get everything going.

When he’s on (which is most of the time), you can essentially hand him the puck anywhere on the ice and he will set up a prime scoring opportunity. Does anyone in the NHL do the “stop up” move 20 feet inside the blue line better than him?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
in last 82 games played

mcjesus 107 points
McKinnon 103 points {but more goals}
marchand 103 points
Giroux 103 points {less goals}
malkin 102 points
and kucherov 101 points

why isn't marchand being talked about with these other guys in the same sentence for mvp and ted linsey consideration

mcjesus barely scores more {same number of goals but 4 extra assits… that's the diffence} certainly isn't as physical... isn't nearly the same defensive player... and doesn't agitate the other team with pest antics {YES PEST ANTICS ACTUALLY THROW THE OTHER TEAM OFF THEIR GAME PLAN AND HELP LEAD TO WINS} {{AND DOUBLE YES, MARCHANDS TEAM ACTUALLY DOES WIN GAMES AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS}}

and marchand makes his linemates better... when Bergeron is hurt or pastrnak is moved to another line marchand continues to score at the same pace. he isn't being 'made' by his linemates. marchand is the engine. he took riley nash and turned him into a ppg player last year lol. marchand elevates his linemates. Bergeron has gone from a 50 point guy to a ppg player thanks to marchand.

it really freaks me out that this guy cant get some love in the national media because its necessary for the big awards. ive never ever ever seen someone improve their game this much after they turned 27. he went from a nice little top 6 winger to one of the top 5 players in the nhl. and in my opinion the case can be made that he is number 1.

lets show this guy some much earned/much deserved love because hes giving us sooooooo damn much that is worthy of our love

if we're bring fair, McDavid is a damn good defensive player, especially for a 20 yr old.

His 2 full seasons he has 187 takeaways, +47. Last year alone he had 111 takeaways and was +20 on a team that was -29 and sees some PK time. He's no Bergeron, but he's not Ovechkin either defensively

Also to his credit, he isnt one of those players that pumps up his numbers on the PP. He has 61-94-155 ES scoring the last 2 years combined.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Incredible player inked to an incredible deal. Over the last two years he has become the undisputed best offensive player on the team and probably #2 in overall value to the team behind Bergeron. I really don't think many expected him to be more than a 60 point two-way winger which would have been a fine career plateau especially considering how he get into this league. Really hard to deny any of this and he's earned everything he has accomplished.

I won't lie though, that elbow to Johansson last year was really disappointing to see. I really thought he had turned a new leaf but that hit was probably the most actual dangerous thing he's done in a Bruins uniform. I'm glad Johansson recovered and managed to put that behind him this year because if this had become a Marc Savard-type injury I'm not sure I'd be able to fully support him. I understand that his is just how I personally feel and I know it has no bearing on how Marchand conducts himself nor should it.

I mean I understand that with the way he plays he will probably be close to getting suspended again. I just hope he sees what the league did to Tom Wilson and realize that he probably won't be getting only 5 games the next time he crosses the line. Until that happens though I am willing to understand what Marchand needs to do to keep himself engaged in the game and enjoy the benefits of when is able to be himself.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
My favorite ever Marchand play. Basically sums the guy up for me. The guy is always looking for an opportunity.

For me it’s the goal against Pittsburgh after getting Cooke to stop and listen to him give him $?!& and then promptly catch a pass and score a goal. That’s the combination of PITA and talent all in one shift and it’s awsomely funny too.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Maybe my favorite ever evolution of a hockey player. Really crazy how his journey in the NHL has played out. Always appreciated his skill and intensity, but never in a million years thought he would emerge as a legit superstar this late in his career. Other than the cheap crap he pulls from time to time there is nothing I dislike about the guy. I'm truly enjoying watching him and Bergy. Duos like those two don't come around very often.

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Me too ! :D He is so much fun to watch and such an excellent player.
It'll be sad when there is no more 37+63=100. But until then, I will enjoy it.

Kind of amazing that Marchand hasn't scored yet, but 7 assists in two games is not shabby.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Watching the pre-season in China I thought Marchand looked like crap, got a little worried whether he didn't lose a step or something. 3 games in and I feel silly for even thinking that.
Pre-season games really are (mostly) meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad