Boston Bruins Brad Marchand has been suspended 3 games for slew footing Canucks defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
This is the same A hole who gave Wilson zero games for crushing Carlos head into the boards. Who did this JAG play for again, oh yes the Scabs! Coincidence I think not.

Huh? Wilson got 7 games for that Carlo hit.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Hope not...dude needs a break. Working his arse off out there.

I go to a few games each year…like Saturday vs TB, which will be played sans 63. Selfishly I’d like to see an appeal that takes a week to resolve! But probably best just to put it in the rear view.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don’t think you read what I posted because it actually completely contradicts what you just said as far as subban being a repeat offender. The repeat offender(18 month time period of last offense) DOES NOT determine suspension or suspension length, it determines how much a player gets fined. Since subban was a repeat offender he was given the maximum amount fine possible a player can get for that infraction. Technically one of PK Subbans fines was labeled a trip. Marchand also has been fined for a separate tripping infraction not including the three slew footing infractions.

Right now judging by the latest infraction by Subban his next step is suspension. Given that Subban hasn’t been suspended before (this is where the bolded part of my last post comes in) he got the maximum fine.

Since marchand has been fined multiple times for slew footing and tripping. Also has been suspended he doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt due to his much more extensive history than marchand. So marchand got his second slew footing suspension.

If PK Subban does it again he will certainly be suspended. Probably a game or two. Then in the future if he does it again it will probably be the 3 game standard that they just set for marchand.

However since this is marchand a 7th suspension there’s a chance they’ll go lighter on subban who has never been suspended before and he will likely just get a one game suspension.

When you are on your 7th career suspension, you don’t get the same courtesy as someone who hasn’t been suspended or has only been suspended one or two times.

The amazing part is lined up side by side, Subban and Marchand spent their early careers with flying elbows and slewfoots.

Being in Montreal always protected Subban from numerous suspensions.

Reactions: trenton1

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Huh? Wilson got 7 games for that Carlo hit.
If you believe the reporting Parros said he didn't want to suspend Wilson for the hit, but Bettman stepped in and had him suspend Wilson. It's hard to stomach having a guy in DOPS who routinely tries to let Tom Wilson off the hook but has Brad Marchand under a microscope every step of the way

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bullshit suspension. Subban, king of slewfoots, has multiple incidents this year but only gets fined? Where's the logic?

I don't even think this was really a slewfoot, I slowed it down frame by frame. Marchand initiated contact very clearly with the shoulder, OEL was already going down when Marchands leg got locked up with his. I mean look at my screen shot, this is the moment contact was initiated.

Further more, if you watch the puck, you can see Marchand is trying to make a play on it as well. The leg contact on the follow thru of his shot/hit was completely incidental.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Brad really has no chnace at getting the benefit of the doubt. He's guilty and must be proven innocent. We all know it.

It just sucks....

Last edited:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
GrippingRigidGroundhog-max-1mb.gif

“Talking to Brad this morning he just felt he saw a Devils sweater and was going to protect himself from contact and from there, it’s in the league’s hands now,” Cassidy said.

As we all know Brad is always one to own up to his actions and be honest.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
GrippingRigidGroundhog-max-1mb.gif

As we all know Brad is always one to own up to his actions and be honest.

He isn't really wrong this time. Two players go shoulder to shoulder, lose balance, and Marchand tosses him down. Not really any intent there. Fine him or give a game because of his history and precedence, but three games is ridiculous.

Again, if Vancouver players were bothered by it they'd have at least tried to hit or fight Marchand later on. No one cared.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He isn't really wrong this time. Two players go shoulder to shoulder, lose balance, and Marchand tosses him down. Not really any intent there. Fine him or give a game because of his history and precedence, but three games is ridiculous.

Again, if Vancouver players were bothered by it they'd have at least tried to hit or fight Marchand later on. No one cared.
There was 100% intent to elbow there.

But yeah, I'm indifferent on the suspension. I figured he'd get 2 games.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Agreed on the Russia stuff, glad he clarified what he said. It was a personal shot but didn’t seem xenophobic to me.

Disagree on the slew foot, he didn’t kick his legs out but pushed him over his leg. Not surprised Marchand is pleading innocence though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad