Confirmed with Link: Bozak to STL (3 years @ $5m)

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
It's not sexy, but the Blues did land two RHS middle-six players, one of whom is a center. Both contracts should be movable if it comes to that, and neither is likely crippling if they're stuck with it.

The roster holes and balance have been moderately addressed, sans the goalie issue. There's talent upside within the system itself that offers hope beyond that.

This is all a step in the right direction. Now we're back to finding the right mix instead of scrambling to plug major holes.

This.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Yeah I don't think they are bad moves per se, but it makes it hard to be optimistic about this upcoming season since we are seemingly in a holding pattern hoping our prospects turn into the impact players we need up front
The only thing that would have pushed us past that point this offseason was Tavares. Even ROR doesn't take this team to another level without some of the kids (and/or Fabbri) taking a step forward to make a bigger impact.

Just getting the old Fabbri back would help quite a bit. The Blues have missed him tremendously the last two years.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If this is our offseason, then we have seen the return of the old DA. Low hanging fruit. This sort of screams to me the return of the first round exit. I am willing to see what else unfolds, but that is my initial reaction.

Internettoughguy314

Oct 20, 2017
At least we get to see what Tarasenko can do with a RH center. If the alternative was losing one of Kyrou or Thomas for O'Reilly then I like this better. Still hoping at least two of Steen, Sobotka, and Berglund are gone.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Yeah I don't think they are bad moves per se, but it makes it hard to be optimistic about this upcoming season since we are seemingly in a holding pattern hoping our prospects turn into the impact players we need up front

It should still be a fun season to follow. Winnipeg and Colorado should be better IMO, but I'm excited to see Thomas and Kyrou assuming he makes the roster. I think he Blues will be good.

I also think Fabbri returning is bigger than people are thinking.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
The only thing that would have pushed us past that point this offseason was Tavares. Even ROR doesn't take this team to another level without some of the kids (and/or Fabbri) taking a step forward to make a bigger impact.

Just getting the old Fabbri back would help quite a bit. The Blues have missed him tremendously the last two years.
Getting a healthy Fabbri back to where he was would be like another UFA signing from a roster standpoint.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I don't hate the deal that Army made today but we need to now work on selling a couple of bottom six players. I don't like the idea of our prospects being blocked by the likes of Sobotka, Jaskin and Berglunds of the world.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

yeah hopefully fabbri can come back at a level similar to his rookie year

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I’m just glad they didn’t trade Kyrou to patch a roster with about a half dozen question marks, and added a couple right hand shots in the process.

Reactions: shpongle falls

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Just spitballing here.

Schwartz - Schenn - Perron
Fabbri - Bozak - Tarasenko
Steen - Thomas - Berglund
Barbashev - Sobotka - Soshnikov

Its not terrible, hopefully in the next year we can move out guys like Berglund and Sobotka and replace them with some of our prospects.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I don't hate the deal that Army made today but we need to now work on selling a couple of bottom six players. I don't like the idea of our prospects being blocked by the likes of Sobotka, Jaskin and Berglunds of the world.

Agree. Want to clear a person or 2 out

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

This. You’ve added two more fairly underwhelming middle 6 forwards in Bozak and Perron. Get rid of the Berglunds and Sobotkas

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Just spitballing here.

Its not terrible, hopefully in the next year we can move out guys like Berglund and Sobotka and replace them with some of our prospects.
Maybe we can flip one of those two quickly and roll:

Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Steen - Thomas - Perron
Barbashev - Sobotka/Berglund - Soshnikov

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Just spitballing here.

Does that forward group give us contender status?

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
If this is our offseason, then we have seen the return of the old DA. Low hanging fruit. This sort of screams to me the return of the first round exit. I am willing to see what else unfolds, but that is my initial reaction.

I think everybody was expecting something big. But I think DA is smarter than just going for an expensive new toy. He has a longer term vision involving our youth. Time will tell if his longer term strategy pans out.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I've had a recurring nightmare recently where the Blues signed Bozak. When I'd see his name it would trigger this resonation effect like a prescient warning. Bozak-ak-ak-ak .......... I'd wake up shaking and confused but assured that this frightening future was put off at least one more day.

Today I'll be drinking as much tequila as I can handle.

Reactions: 91ReasonsYouLose

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

These are stop gap moves. Makes us good enough to be a decent team and make the playoffs while we wait for Thomas and Kyrou to be ready. We're in trouble if our prospects don't pan out.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
This signing I don’t mind at all.

Not a fan of Perron, but I like Bozak. I wanted ROR but if the price was too high, I don’t blame Armstrong. Keeping Thomas and Kyrou is worth it.

Reactions: Stealth JD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad