Confirmed with Link: Bozak to STL (3 years @ $5m)

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
im not a fan of the signing really. we will see i guess, hopefully he can improve the PP

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Meh. I do admittedly like this better than giving up Kyrou or Thomas for ROR. It doesn’t make us a contender by any means but still have the prospects to move if something opens up in the future.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Both Perron and Bozak are second liners by production.

They aren't exciting signings, but I'm really not sure what people want. We didn't trade all our futures to make a desperate trade. We didn't overpay in UFA in terms or dollars or years.

If Fabbri returns to the player he was before his injury, and Thomas can be a 30 point player next season, we are a far better team than we were. Plus, we've added 3 righties to the lineup.

I didn’t want to trade all but I wanted to trade some. It’s not realistic to think all the kids are going to hit. It’s just not and Army has said as much. I’m disappointed

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
This offseason is...

mediocre-mad-max-gif-1.gif

But I'm fine with this given Tavares wasnt interested. This is best case scenario. We filled 2 holes with guys who can be buried down the lineup if the Kids play well

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I think the biggest factor in the Bozak and Perron deals are twofold but related. Both are mid-term deals indicating stopgap for our big prospects, and they are also going to be largely dependent on the NTC/NMC terms if at all. Bozak is a candidate for a buyout year 3. Perron likely movable after year two pending terms.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
This sets the direction of the team in that we will be playing our prospects. I for one am excited to see the kids come up even if it means missing the playoffs. I'm tired of watching GMs try to bolt together teams with little success.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Did we trade away Sobotka? What is this nonsense????
Hopefully soon, sorry, Sobe does nothing for me since he came back from the KHL. He wants to be a goal scorer/playmaker, but, he's honestly just not good enough for that.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Hopefully soon, sorry, Sobe does nothing for me since he came back from the KHL. He wants to be a goal scorer/playmaker, but, he's honestly just not good enough for that.

Bozak is the opposite of sobotka TBH, but a better player. He can be a 2C in a pitch.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
St. Louis was paying 8 million in cap for Stastny/Brodziak and are now paying 9 million for Bozak/Perron. Stastny is obviously the best overall player in the lot but I think the offense, especially the PP, will be better with the Bozak/Perron combination. These signings will look better if the Blues can move Sobotka.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
This is a very "whatever" move. Arguably addresses a bigger need than the Perron signing, but that's about it.

Ultimately only makes sense to me if they move at least Sobotka and possibly Berglund (or someone else). I think there's very little chance the Blues are planning a 4th line centered by Thomas, and even less of a chance that Berglund and Sobotka duke it out for 4th line left wing.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I can't say I love this offseason, but with the cards Army was dealt, I think he played them as well as he could. Now we need to move at least one of Sobotka and Berglund (Sobotka please) and either confirm Husso is the backup goalie or sign someone there.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If Tarasenko has any semblance of dominant Tarasenko, giving him a RHS center will be good.

Reactions: 67Blues

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
wow the blues are so exciting
It's not sexy, but the Blues did land two RHS middle-six players, one of whom is a center. Both contracts should be movable if it comes to that, and neither is likely crippling if they're stuck with it.

The roster holes and balance have been moderately addressed, sans the goalie issue. There's talent upside within the system itself that offers hope beyond that.

This is all a step in the right direction. Now we're back to finding the right mix instead of scrambling to plug major holes.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
It's not sexy, but the Blues did land two RHS middle-six players, one of whom is a center. Both contracts should be movable if it comes to that, and neither is likely crippling if they're stuck with it.

The roster holes and balance have been moderately addressed, sans the goalie issue. There's talent upside within the system itself that offers hope beyond that.

This is all a step in the right direction. Now we're back to finding the right mix instead of scrambling to plug major holes.
Yeah I don't think they are bad moves per se, but it makes it hard to be optimistic about this upcoming season since we are seemingly in a holding pattern hoping our prospects turn into the impact players we need up front

Reactions: Stealth JD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad