Confirmed with Link: Boychuk to Isles for picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I'm sorry, but I think this is a monumental ****-up, and I couldn't care less what the package of picks are. The Bruins need to be doing everything they can to capitalize on this window they have to win the Cup. Winning one with one of Bartkowski, Krug, Miller or McQuaid in the top 4 is going to take a miracle.

Maybe they don't trust the team to win this year. This way they start work now and get a little relief from a nasty pain in the butt.

How soon can they re-sign Krug and/or Smith? :laugh:

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

Listen, I'm going on the record right now to say that I don't think this compromises the team quality. I really don't.

I think the defense will be more well-rounded. I think this frees Chara - Hamilton to be a staple. And I think the B's have the depth in the organization that SOMEONE will step up (be it Bartkowski or Krug or Miller) and fill those minutes in a positive way.

I don't mind trading Johnny Boychuk at all. I don't think it's bad value at all. I still don't like the return.

this is exactly how I feel as well. Bruins D are fine without JB. Value is fine in the trade BUT I was hoping for some help at forward with a D deal.

FrankBruins

Sep 5, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Goodbye Johnny, thanks for all the timely Rockets.

Gotta think this bridge year thing was true. Well at least I think we can still say we are the best team in the East and reinforcement could come at the deadline

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
imo its going to be

Chara - Hamilton
Krug - Seidenberg
Miller - Mcquaid

Bartowski

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sorry to intrude....but it's really not a bad return. Your management is a pretty good drafting one and if it means one step back for future steps up in the upcoming years...why not? All great to piss on the deal now as it doesn't fix this year....but when you realize what the 2015 draft is made of...and let say you even struggle this year giving you a top 15 pick....you will praise Chiarelli in 2 years like there's no tomorrow. All dépends of what your expectations are and what you want them to be. 2 2nd rounders and a conditional 3rd...the depth you have up front, when all is said and done, you could add some nice d-men to compensate. You still have Subban you can deal.

Frankly people....this is not a bad deal.....it's mostly a deal for a different purpose...true that it makes your team worst this year....but as a GM, you need to see it on a more complete scale. Just my 2 cents.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
The value is quite good, just unfortunate no immediate help coming back. And I'm really gonna miss Boychuk. Somebody's gonna have to step up and Seids is gonna have to stay healthy and very effective.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Mixed feelings. I don't hate it like most. I am okay with trading Boychuk because they can't afford him with all the other guys they have to sign like Lucic and Dougie and we would have ended up losing him for nothing.

Definately was hoping to get a first rounder in the trade that should not have been too much for Boychuk.

Will miss JB, a really good dman and character. Bruins forwards best be keeping their headup.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
this is a fine trade. boychuck has gotten overrated. he's a solid defensman, not the reason the bruins have a good team. he'll go to the islanders and they'll still suck. those draft picks will be nearer the top of the round.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Sorry to intrude....but it's really not a bad return. Your management is a pretty good drafting one and if it means one step back for future steps up in the upcoming years...why not? All great to piss on the deal now as it doesn't fix this year....but when you realize what the 2015 draft is made of...and let say you even struggle this year giving you a top 15 pick....you will praise Chiarelli in 2 years like there's no tomorrow. All dépends of what your expectations are and what you want them to be. 2 2nd rounders and a conditional 3rd...the depth you have up front, when all is said and done, you could add some nice d-men to compensate. You still have Subban you can deal.

Frankly people....this is not a bad deal.....it's mostly a deal for a different purpose...true that it makes your team worst this year....but as a GM, you need to see it on a more complete scale. Just my 2 cents.

Bruins will deal both twos for a meszaros type at the deadline no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad