Confirmed with Link: Boychuk to Isles for picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
My take:

Good return. The picks are solid. Boychuk was going to go anyways eventually.

We now have Savard's salary to get a player (or 2) at the deadline.

Leaves more room for Lucic, Hamilton, Krug, Smith contract extensions.

Hamilton will have to show more snarl. Looks like we keep Quaider's snarl.

Will miss Johnny Rockets and big hits in the neutral zone.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
One of the rumours posted a week ago stated the Bruins had to deal a defensemen first and then they would have enough cap room to make another deal apparently going after Ryan O'Reilly, would love it if that came true depending of course what goes the other way.

Another Center? Just what we need...

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
That's really good value for Boychuk.

too many bodies to resign next season. He would have been on the way out IMO anyway.

my thoughts as well. I think that is excellent value and we had a log jam at D. Maybe Chia talked to JB's agent and knew that the asking price was going to be way to much when he hits UFA status.

Was hoping for some help up front with a move but I am ok with this. I hate when a player walks away as a UFA and we get nothing.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Yikes. I expected at least a player in return. Surely Chiarelli has other moves planned.

(Maybe Boychuk signs back here in the off-season on a cap-friendly deal.)

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
An injury to any of Seidenberg, Chara, or Hamilton and this team is going to be hurting. I just don't like where this leaves the blueline.

Willing to bet Chiarelli will be looking for a defenseman at the deadline. Once again prices will be too high.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This is what happens when your supposed capologist GM completely ****s up the cap situation. A ****ing plus move, Pete. A ****ing plus.

David Krejci*

You have got to be ****ing KIDDING ME. I have never been so mad about a trade, I am FUMING right now. We just kicked our Cup chances out the window. **** OFF.

Even if it was for a young player, this would be a HORRIBLE move. We would have been better off trading ANY combination of the other rumored players than Boychuk. He is completely irreplaceable for what he brings, especially in the playoffs.

TERRIBLE. I am in shock right now. Nothing we get back in a trade for Boychuk would be worth more than his value to this team, this year, in the dwindling Cup window that they have. I can't ****ing believe this. WHY?????????????

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Better hope neither Chara nor Seidenberg go down and that the young ones keep progressing, because losing Boychuk could become a serious problem. I am surprised it was only for picks too.

Furthermore I am not thrilled at the idea of seeing Johnny Rocket lay down his hits on our guys. Couldn't have they found someone in the West for this? :(

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Listen, I'm going on the record right now to say that I don't think this compromises the team quality. I really don't.

I think the defense will be more well-rounded. I think this frees Chara - Hamilton to be a staple. And I think the B's have the depth in the organization that SOMEONE will step up (be it Bartkowski or Krug or Miller) and fill those minutes in a positive way.

I don't mind trading Johnny Boychuk at all. I don't think it's bad value at all. I still don't like the return.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Hate this!

We just lost one of our most durable toughest warriors. JB is an absolute machine, and has only just reached the beginning of what I believe to be his prime.

... and all for draft picks.. to a team that happens to have an embarrassingly bad draft history.

Exactly.

God this is awful awful by the Bruins :help::help::help::help::help:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Going to miss Boychuk's booming slap shot, his crushing checks and especially his ability to staple the puck along the boards when everyone else needs to regroup.

Goodluck Johnny

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Just doesn't make any sense. Makes our team worse, and we are in win-now mode. Who cares if he walks for nothing next year. It will be 6 years before we see those picks in Boston.

Unlike others, I think the return itself is ok. Would be a fine trade if we were dismantling

David Krejci*

This might go down in history as the worst trade in the history of the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad