Confirmed with Link: Boychuk to Isles for picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Probably too busy still "evaluating" Matt Bartkowski to warrant dealing him.

I am literally standing here at work just steaming mad. I realzie Boychuk was probably going to be gone after the season anyways, but the return, even though it isn't as horrible value wise as some are making it out to be, just can't justify trading a top 4 D for futures when the goal is to WIN THE CUP THIS YEAR.

Pissed. Absolutely pissed.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
This might go down in history as the worst trade in the history of the organization.

not even close

i could swallow this is chris kelly wasn't on the damn team. i know there probably weren't any options but that's chia's fault to begin with.

We went from having arguably the best d-corps in the league to not even close. And I can tell it's going to take Seids a little while to get back to himself. Gonna be a rough start. Poor Tuukka.

Maybe with the cap space we can get Johnny B back the deadline when the Isles are hopefully out of contention :laugh::laugh::cry::cry:

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Really hard to see Boychuk go, like with Ference, but thought it was a real possibility. Obviously with his UFA status, and the fact that he was attractive to a lot of teams, it'd be easier to ship him out than Bart.

Like others, I was hoping for at least one actual body back, but maybe there's another shoe to drop - either soon or during the season. It gives PC some cap room and some extra assets to deal with.

Sad day for Bruins fans though. Thank you Johnny for your great years in Black and Gold!

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Most likely will be a bad trade for both teams honestly. I can however make an argument that the Bruins may end up winning this trade in the future.

This all depends on if Boychuk resigns with the Islanders.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
imo its going to be

Chara - Hamilton
Krug - Seidenberg
Miller - Mcquaid

Bartowski

Krug was the most sheltered defenseman in the NHL last year. What's the use playing him with a defensive workhorse like Seids? It's going to be Bartkowski; the Bruins don't seem to trust anyone else in that role.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
NESN will carry PC press conference live at 4:30

DaleEArnold: We will carry @NHLBruins press conference live at 4:30 PM then pregame show with @BJaffe at 5 PM on @NESN. Lots to talk about.

Tim O'Reilly

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ont.
Visit site
Hate to see JB go. Got to think there is more to it. Also, teams knew Chia had to make a move. I wish Bart had moved as I am not a fan of his game. Couldn't deal Adam due to his injuries. Who was really gonna take him? As annoyed as I am, Chia found JB, found Miller and might surprise us again. I hope........because I want another Cup.

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
This is the move that makes me respect PC. The whole front office loves JB, but realized that they had to move him in order to build a better team and sign others long term

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
There has to be something else in the works. I wonder if the Bruins are going to flip a pick plus Bart for Leddy?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
The fact that Kelly is now on this team and Boychuk isn't is a joke.

****ing JOKE. Awful trade. Can't wait for full time Bart in the top 4!!!!! We didn't learn our lesson last year?

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
Frankly people....this is not a bad deal.....it's mostly a deal for a different purpose...true that it makes your team worst this year....but as a GM, you need to see it on a more complete scale. Just my 2 cents.

A lot of the negativity here is just because JB is such a well-liked player, aside from his skills. He was certainly one of my favorite Bruins.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
I am confused by all the disappointment. What did you think we'd get for a second pairing, pending free agent D? As well, I want to see Spooner, Koko or another near-ready kid play, so getting back another prospect would be superfluous. If we got back a top-6 forward (which you're probably not getting for a pending UFA), we were likely not gaining the cap relief we need to sign Krug, Smith, and others, next year.

I love Boychuk and will miss him, but we are stacked on D, and I think we got market for him. I also want to see Miller play regularly.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Sorry to intrude....but it's really not a bad return. Your management is a pretty good drafting one and if it means one step back for future steps up in the upcoming years...why not? All great to piss on the deal now as it doesn't fix this year....but when you realize what the 2015 draft is made of...and let say you even struggle this year giving you a top 15 pick....you will praise Chiarelli in 2 years like there's no tomorrow. All dépends of what your expectations are and what you want them to be. 2 2nd rounders and a conditional 3rd...the depth you have up front, when all is said and done, you could add some nice d-men to compensate. You still have Subban you can deal.

Frankly people....this is not a bad deal.....it's mostly a deal for a different purpose...true that it makes your team worst this year....but as a GM, you need to see it on a more complete scale. Just my 2 cents.

Our core players are getting up in years...Bruins can't wait for 4/5/6 years...need to do something now

Anyway...gonna wait and see if other moves are happening

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This is the move that makes me respect PC. The whole front office loves JB, but realized that they had to move him in order to build a better team and sign others long term

Don't think he's done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad