Confirmed with Link: Bouwmeester for Cundari, Berra, protected 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I am high on J-Bo, I think a lot of people are after seeing how he plays instead of listening to people that never watched him in the past.

I never said I was the only one who watched hockey. I said I've watched a lot of J-Bo play in the past and he wasn't anything like what the haters were saying. I believe that's still true.

He really wasn't all that inconsistent, he was playing on teams that really were not that great. No offense to them, Calgary is my second favorite team. He was by far their best defenseman and on many nights their best player.

I'm sure there is a reason Detroit didn't trade for him, but I don't really care what it is because we got him and he makes our team a lot better. The last two blockbuster I saw Detroit pull off via trade was a 1st for Kyle Quincey, you might ask them how that's working out for them? I'm not sure but I think I'd rather have J-Bo instead of Kyle Quincey, but that's just me. So I really don't pay much attention to what Detroit does anymore since they are spiraling down and their biggest defensive pickup of the off season was Carlo Coliacivo. So no disrespect to Cola or the Red Wings, but it is possible the Red Wings were not even on Bouwmeesters list of trade places he'd go. So really that might end the whole why didn't Detroit trade for J-Bo thing? It's possible players don't want to go there as much now since they really don't have any chance of hoitsting Lord Stanleys Cup in the near future. What do I know I guess? I'm just 1 of about 3 guys that's not from Calgary that liked Bouwmeester, I can't help it I wasn't telling stories about his talent level so I could like an idiot when he showed up and twittled his thumbs like everybody else said he was going to do. Work almost 700 days straight at a job that's high competition against your competitions best workers and then mabe I will care about the your not the only one who watches hockey spill.

I'm pretty sure this is a hockey forum. I'm also pretty sure most people on this forum watch hockey pretty regularly. However if not I can see why they would want to get on here and sound intelligent to hockey fans, and x players.

Also its been a decade since we as Blues fans seen a long string of first and second round picks traded.
Also I'm not mad at anybody for not being high on Bouwmeester, that's ridiculous. Thanks for making up stuff for me though.

You realize I can read your other posts and know you're not being truthful now, right? The very first line of this post continues to posit two camps: 1) people who share your opinion; and 2) people who have never seen him play.

You've repeatedly characterized anyone who isn't on your same page as someone who's never seen Bouwmeester play. You literally made it an aggresively-stated point in every one of your posts on the previous page.

So I am not making stuff up for you. I get why you're doing it, though. If everyone who doesn't agree with your intense enthusiasm for this player can be dismissed as someone who's never watched him play, it's like shoving someone out of the way so you can go in for an easy layup. It's cheap ad hominem. And you're doing it.

ikeman79

Aug 3, 2008
You realize I can read your other posts and know you're not being truthful now, right? The very first line of this post continues to posit two camps: 1) people who share your opinion; and 2) people who have never seen him play.

You've repeatedly characterized anyone who isn't on your same page as someone who's never seen Bouwmeester play. You literally made it an aggresively-stated point in every one of your posts on the previous page.

So I am not making stuff up for you. I get why you're doing it, though. If everyone who doesn't agree with your intense enthusiasm for this player can be dismissed as someone who's never watched him play, it's like shoving someone out of the way so you can go in for an easy layup. It's cheap ad hominem. And you're doing it.

Ummm false on all three of your accounts.

I haven't characterized anybody, I started out buy saying he wasn't a cream puff and people would be surprised. Later after he arrived people were comparing him to Orr and Coffey and stating he was more physical than they thought of his reputation. I was agreeing with them and saying i'm glad they can see what he actually is. I haven't been aggressive to anybody with you, but that's because your making up stuff about what i'm saying and putting words in my mouth.

I wouldn't dismiss anybody who made valid points about Bouwmeester. Ive seen several staing how surprised they were by him. I actually haven't seen one person since watching him play say they didn't like him, the complete opposite actually.

I'm not shoving anybody out of the way, I was responding to you and your little tyraid about the stuff I said that I din't say.

I stand by everything I said about Bouwmeester. I still like him. I still think he was getting a bum wrap before his plane touched down here, and I still wonder if Detroit was on his list, I doubt it was.

P.S. I just reread what you had highlighted that I had said people that hadn't watched him. Yes I will stick with that wether you believe it to be aggressive or not, because you haven't watched J-Bo if you think he is inconsistent. The very argument of it is shocking that people would even state it. Why in the world would an inconsistent player hold the current ironman record? Why even respond to something so ludicrous? Who gets sent out night after night to play if they are being inconsistent or not up to par?? Who? Its not Brian Elliot, he found Peoria along the road before he refound his confidence and the mans on fire!! Go ELLS!!

So really I think your being ridiculous, and the truth might be, you just don't like him or anybody that does lol. I don't really care honestly, anybody with two eyes can watch him and see what he is.

Heres to the playoffs since he is on a playoff team and will get to see them, amazing how it takes a team and not one guy to get you to the playoffs. I forgot, some wanted to blame Calgary and Floridas playoff absence on J-Bo... Umm yeah right.

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Ummm false on all three of your accounts.

I haven't characterized anybody, I started out buy saying he wasn't a cream puff and people would be surprised. Later after he arrived people were comparing him to Orr and Coffey and stating he was more physical than they thought of his reputation. I was agreeing with them and saying i'm glad they can see what he actually is. I haven't been aggressive to anybody with you, but that's because your making up stuff about what i'm saying and putting words in my mouth.

I wouldn't dismiss anybody who made valid points about Bouwmeester. Ive seen several staing how surprised they were by him. I actually haven't seen one person since watching him play say they didn't like him, the complete opposite actually.

I'm not shoving anybody out of the way, I was responding to you and your little tyraid about the stuff I said that I din't say.

I stand by everything I said about Bouwmeester. I still like him. I still think he was getting a bum wrap before his plane touched down here, and I still wonder if Detroit was on his list, I doubt it was.

P.S. I just reread what you had highlighted that I had said people that hadn't watched him. Yes I will stick with that wether you believe it to be aggressive or not, because you haven't watched J-Bo if you think he is inconsistent. The very argument of it is shocking that people would even state it. Why in the world would an inconsistent player hold the current ironman record? Why even respond to something so ludicrous? Who gets sent out night after night to play if they are being inconsistent or not up to par?? Who? Its not Brian Elliot, he found Peoria along the road before he refound his confidence and the mans on fire!! Go ELLS!!

So really I think your being ridiculous, and the truth might be, you just don't like him or anybody that does lol. I don't really care honestly, anybody with two eyes can watch him and see what he is.

Heres to the playoffs since he is on a playoff team and will get to see them, amazing how it takes a team and not one guy to get you to the playoffs. I forgot, some wanted to blame Calgary and Floridas playoff absence on J-Bo... Umm yeah right.

No, no anger at all from you.

“Tyraid†is my new favorite, but there are so many to choose from!

â€ikeman79†said:
Well I'm glad now that some of you have actually seen Bouwmeester in action, instead of just jumping on the he's a cream puff boat and talking smack about an excellent player that you haven't actually given a chance because you haven't watched him

â€ikeman79†said:
instead of listening to people that never watched him in the past.

No, you're not saying that people who disagree haven't watched him! How dare I say that! I must just have all kinds of other bad motives that you may wildly (and hilariously misspelled) attribute to me! How dare I notice what you wrote repeatedly!

I like how you think the word "consistent" means "did he suit up for the game, yes or no?" Sharp, smart take.

ikeman79

Aug 3, 2008
No, no anger at all from you.

“Tyraid†is my new favorite, but there are so many to choose from!

No, you're not saying that people who disagree haven't watched him! How dare I say that! I must just have all kinds of other bad motives that you may wildly (and hilariously misspelled) attribute to me! How dare I notice what you wrote repeatedly!

I like how you think the word "consistent" means "did he suit up for the game, yes or no?" Sharp, smart take.

Dude...You arguing with yourself? How many times can you quote me and I say:Yes that's what I'm saying. Yes I'm saying if your saying you watched J-Bo and thought he was inconsistent his whole career and the playoff misfortune of his teams were because of him, then yes I think you never really watched him.

So I'm sorry I can't win you a spelling bee. I probably never can. I am a pretty good observer of hockey skill however, which is why I'm on this hockey forum, to talk about hockey. So when everybody is saying somebody stinks and they don't, then yes I will state the truth about them.

So I might be confused as to what your saying. I'm in agreement with you that I stated you have never watched him if you think he is inconsistent, I think he got a bad wrap. I also will stand by players the stink don't touch the ice and find their way off it quickly. So yes we our in agreement, I am saying you said you watch a lot of hockey, I won't argue that, I will argue you've watched J-Bo a lot if you think him to be inconsistent.

You can have your own thoughts, I can have mine, we don't have to agree. I think its hard to look at this board and the thoughts of others about his play since arrival and state I'm alone in my thoughts that he's pretty darn good. I'm not saying you said I was alone, I'm just stating something that appears to be a fact to me and many others on this board that the guy is an excellent player and better than he has gotten credit for in the past. Wayne Gretzky was really good, but he didn't win LA a cup.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
No, I fully get it. This is what I objected to originally – "if you disagree with me, you never watched him." Got it. That's the cheap ad hominem stuff to which I objected.

People who do that don't have a good argument on the merits, and that's why they do it.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
It's best that we end this thread on a humorous note.

There will be plenty of opportunities to revisit this moving forward in various threads as the regular season, post-season, and offseason play themselves out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad