Confirmed with Link: Bournival makes team

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
You're right. He was born after Belarus was born where as i'm older and just not used to separating former USSR republics. In my case I was free to choose my nationality when the USSR fell apart. I could have been a Georgian or a Russian.

I ended up neither - a Canadian. :laugh:

same here ;) except Russia considers me to be its citizen without my consent.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
same here ;) except Russia considers me to be its citizen without my consent.

I renounced mine before 1998 when it was possible (or maybe simpler... because I don't know the specifics of the current law).

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Reacting the way you are is what is stupid. You are completely missing my point...which is that RDS is bigoted. Bigotry can run two ways boys...it's not always us Anglos who can be xenophobic

I don't wish for anglo players to beat out French players on the Habs...ever!! I want the best player to make the team...period!!

If TSN trumpeted English players for the Habs 24/7 the way RDS obsesses over French playes being on the Habs I would be critical of them as well..it should never be about where you are from or what language you speak.

If folks never complain about it... it's only going to get worse. If you don't see this bias...I would suggest that you are also bigoted in your outlook.

yeah sure, dont care what language you speak, as long as you speak english... right ? :laugh:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Well, maybe you should have clarified your original comment then. The above is, of course, absurd, but as someone who never heard/read GT make it I didn't know the full context.

You didn't give me an opportunity to get it.

You are right sir, and I do apologize for my comment, which might have been a little rough (seriously).

The depths of Gaston Therrien's stupidity are not part of what we can expect to be "common knowledge"!

And just to clarify, Gaston was pumping Grigorenko's tires because he was playing in Quebec city, while evil Russian Galchenyuk was playing in evil Ontario. If you want to look at the tape, there it is:

It's in french, obviously, but you get the jist. Gaston literally said that we didn't see Galchenyuk much at the world juniors because he was playing behind Grigorenko and got less PP opportunities. :laugh:

Gaston really has no clue about ethnicity and all. He probably comes up to Gilbert and Beaulieu and tries to speak with them in french. These players must think we're all a bunch of Pejorative Slurs because the only contact they have with french-canadians is through the "journalists".

Last edited:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
yeah sure, dont care what language you speak, as long as you speak english... right ? :laugh:

Je vais l'écrire en français afin que tu réalises que l'opinion de Grant est partagée par des francos comme moi: Gaston Therrien, un incompétent prétentieux, est de surcroit un cancre du hockey de la LNH. Il n'y connait rien et fait preuve d'une paresse intellectuelle crasse. Il ne mérite nullement de paraître à l'Antichambre, pendant que de réels commentateurs du hockey de la LNH comme Godin préfèrent rester dans l'ombre. Therrien est devenu une caricature de lui-même, un espèce de Jean Perron prétentieux.

RDS est coupable de cet état de fait pour avoir ce type en ondes. Une disgrâce s'il en est, me rappelant les sombres années de Michel Blanchard à la couverture du hockey.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
I don't know if it was mentioned but I saw somewhere that Jiri Sekac has officially made the team (yes I know its no suprise but whatever).

I think DLR should get sent down although I wouldn't be shocked if he makes the team. Again only way he makes the team is if they find a trade partner for Moen (who has a NTC if im not mistaken).

Another thing to take into account is if Eller will be ready to go for Wed.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Je vais l'écrire en français afin que tu réalises que l'opinion de Grant est partagée par des francos comme moi: Gaston Therrien, un incompétent prétentieux, est de surcroit un cancre du hockey de la LNH. Il n'y connait rien et fait preuve d'une paresse intellectuelle crasse. Il ne mérite nullement de paraître à l'Antichambre, pendant que de réels commentateurs du hockey de la LNH comme Godin préfèrent rester dans l'ombre. Therrien est devenu une caricature de lui-même, un espèce de Jean Perron prétentieux.

RDS est coupable de cet état de fait pour avoir ce type en ondes. Une disgrâce s'il en est, me rappelant les sombres années de Michel Blanchard à la couverture du hockey.

Amen to that

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

This.

I'm pretty sure RDS lost some people who were ready to give them the benefit of doubt. Like -- you can say Desharnais is the best fit on his team where he is. It's mostly a matter of opinion (and conservatism). You just cannot say that this team got worse by not signing back a player whose place in the depth chart was in the double digits.

But I'm suprised that some people thought that a regular from last season earning back his place was news worthy...

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
and yet, it is so easy to not watch them...this is what i do since the Bouillon's Campaign. I would think that i would be under cover here. This is not the case, sadly. i'm here to read comments that makes sense, new things, and all we hear (mostly, thanks for the rest) about is bouillon and Desharnais.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
and yet, it is so easy to not watch them...this is what i do since the Bouillon's Campaign. I would think that i would be under cover here. This is not the case, sadly. i'm here to read comments that makes sense, new things, and all we hear (mostly, thanks for the rest) about is bouillon and Desharnais.

I don't listen to them either -- its just that their opinion stinks so much it comes off my TV, even when I'm watching Zeste.

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
i admit that i will watch tonight to see Gaston ..:laugh:: oh, Gaston is not there, and they play golf, so interesting

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Glad things have calmed down, but don't turn this thread into another friggin language debate. Keep on topic and keep the conspiracy theories to yourself.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

This goes to the guy in charge of RDS during all these years, Jerry Frapier, RDS has been guilty of intellectual laziness from top to bottom.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

I support this opinion

habitue*

This goes to the guy in charge of RDS during all these years, Jerry Frapier, RDS has been guilty of intellectual laziness from top to bottom.

What about TVA SPORT ?

About the same level. I guess.

But I agree about RDS. When you have Chantelois and Therrien on your payroll (among few other specimens), you're in deep trouble.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
"I haven't told the player yet and I'm still working on something."

To me, that isn't something you say when you're about to cut a kid like De La Rose and send him back to the minors, because there's NOTHING to work on in that scenario. I think there's a trade coming... maybe for Moen, maybe not, but for a roster player or two. Interesting.

habitue*

"I haven't told the player yet and I'm still working on something."

To me, that isn't something you say when you're about to cut a kid like De La Rose and send him back to the minors, because there's NOTHING to work on in that scenario. I think there's a trade coming... maybe for Moen, maybe not, but for a roster player or two. Interesting.

Must be Moen...

What about Carkner from the Isles as a #7 d-man ? The guy can rock and roll for sure.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

you're no better in that regard as you clearly didnt take the time to see how it started (turned into a language talk or something) or you're just so used to it that you too agree to any justification to bash... bah it's only a 4th liner, bah it's only Gaston, bah it's only this, bah it's only that.

people here saying Bournival should be on the team ? it's all fine, he deserved it... Gaston and the other morons on RDS saying Bournival should make (or made) the team ? well, it's because he's Quebecois you know (I guess they didnt watch him play, they just know he speak french so... right ?)...

and by the way, props to you, ortographe and syntaxe is good, nice to see (non sarcastic) ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad