Confirmed with Link: Bournival makes team

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
i can't help but think that if management is serious about keeping DLR up, Eller and/or Bourque will be traded along with Moen (or if Moen can't be traded he'll be waived)

DLR would then be able to play on the third line.

I'd rather trade Bork and Moen. We would get something ****tier than Moen/Eller, but I like Eller as our 3rd center and I don't think he should go. I'm voting for Moen and Bork!! :P

Also, what do you guys think we could get in exchange of Moen and Bork?

habitue*

Renaud Lavoie + Team 690 (Marinero)

Edit 1: Means Moen or some 4th liner will be officially cut (15 Forwards still left)
-Bournival was the only Forward at risk (besides DLR) not having to go through waivers.

Edit 2: If you're keeping score...
@JohnLuTSNMtl
#Habs Bergevin on last roster cut to get to 23: "I haven't told the player yet and I'm still working on something."

To recap: As of now, Bournival has been told he made the team. Moen has not? And DLR is still up.

DLR will be down to Hamilton as soon as Eller is ready to play. So Moen and Bournival are #13. And #14 forwards.

habitue*

I'd rather trade Bork and Moen. We would get something ****tier than Moen/Eller, but I like Eller as our 3rd center and I don't think he should go. I'm voting for Moen and Bork!! :P

Also, what do you guys think we could get in exchange of Moen and Bork?

They won't keep a 19 y.o. DLR in the stands.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
He's Quebecois....seems to be important to some.

While Bournival is Quebecois, he's a very speedy defence first player, that has earned his spot with his relentless work ethic, the offence will come with NHL experience and growing confidence.

JDLR is not a two way player yet, he's already a solid defensive player, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

JDLR is a great prospect with all the attributes needed in a two/way player, he's still adjusting to the NA game, a few games in the AHL won't do him any harm.

A solid defensive player that goes to the net and has some offensive awareness. Is that not a two-way player?

As above he's a great prospect, really nice having this type of internal competition, IMHO.

so you think Bergevin will have a 19 year old as a 13th/14th forward? Great idea

Bergevin always says the play of the players will make the decisions for him, Bournival works his butt off and has offensive tools that can be used in the top nine.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Bournival was a regular + not an aging vet + performs well all the time?

The news is Bergevin is working on something.

Edit: Working on getting a dman perhaps? That would be strange with the Gorges trade and all...

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Bournival was a regular + not an aging vet + performs well all the time?

The news is Bergevin is working on something.

Edit: Working on getting a dman perhaps? That would be strange with the Gorges trade and all...

Well looking at the D right now, looked good on paper but not sure it's great on ice.

Ayatollah Chowmeini

May 27, 2010
MTL/MKE
Reacting the way you are is what is stupid. You are completely missing my point...which is that RDS is bigoted. Bigotry can run two ways boys...it's not always us Anglos who can be xenophobic

I don't wish for anglo players to beat out French players on the Habs...ever!! I want the best player to make the team...period!!

If TSN trumpeted English players for the Habs 24/7 the way RDS obsesses over French playes being on the Habs I would be critical of them as well..it should never be about where you are from or what language you speak.

If folks never complain about it... it's only going to get worse. If you don't see this bias...I would suggest that you are also bigoted in your outlook.

Grant, I really like what you have to say around here but on this I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think there's a problem in the representative of a specific community choosing to emphasize certain players that identify within that community. It has no particular detriment to English players on the Habs as I've seen it, and while the coaching thing can be annoying, it's a choice by the organization.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Renaud Lavoie + Team 690 (Marinero)

Edit 1: Means Moen or some 4th liner will be officially cut (15 Forwards still left)
-Bournival was the only Forward at risk (besides DLR) not having to go through waivers.

Edit 2: If you're keeping score...
@JohnLuTSNMtl
#Habs Bergevin on last roster cut to get to 23: "I haven't told the player yet and I'm still working on something."

To recap: As of now, Bournival has been told he made the team. Moen has not? And DLR is still up.
Who said Moen hasn't made the team? The guy is a long time vet and doesn't speak french, doubt the media will ask about him as much as they asked for their local guy, Bournival.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Beaulieu is very un-french. Actually though, I could see us doing some sort of publicity stunt where they all started the game. Like maybe if we played in QC for a game like in preseason

Shhhh... Gaston Therrien doesn't know!

He'd also like us to acquire Patrick Marleau, you know, the "p'tit gars de chez nous"?

That moron still thinks Galchenyuk is Russian.

:laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Shhhh... Gaston Therrien doesn't know!

He'd also like us to acquire Patrick Marleau, you know, the "p'tit gars de chez nous"?

That moron still thinks Galchenyuk is Russian.

:laugh:

Well, Galchenyuk is a Russian ethnically. The fact that he has a US passport doesn't change that.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The fact that he plays for the US and says of himself that he's american, what does it tell you?

Gaston Therrien is dumb.

I'm in the exact same spot (ethnic Russian with a Canadian passport) and I think of myself as a Canadian. But my Russian roots aren't going anywhere and I'm instantly recognized as Russian no matter where I go.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Well, Galchenyuk is a Russian ethnically. The fact that he has a US passport doesn't change that.

You don't get it. Gaston Therrien is on record saying that Galchenyuk didn't get much PP time during the world juniors because he was playing behind Grigorenko.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
lol. ethnically, he is Belarusian. :laugh:

You're right. He was born after Belarus was born where as i'm older and just not used to separating former USSR republics. In my case I was free to choose my nationality when the USSR fell apart. I could have been a Georgian or a Russian.

I ended up neither - a Canadian. :laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
You don't get it. Gaston Therrien is on record saying that Galchenyuk didn't get much PP time during the world juniors because he was playing behind Grigorenko.

Well, maybe you should have clarified your original comment then. The above is, of course, absurd, but as someone who never heard/read GT make it I didn't know the full context.

You didn't give me an opportunity to get it.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Reacting the way you are is what is stupid. You are completely missing my point...which is that RDS is bigoted. Bigotry can run two ways boys...it's not always us Anglos who can be xenophobic

I don't wish for anglo players to beat out French players on the Habs...ever!! I want the best player to make the team...period!!

If TSN trumpeted English players for the Habs 24/7 the way RDS obsesses over French playes being on the Habs I would be critical of them as well..it should never be about where you are from or what language you speak.

If folks never complain about it... it's only going to get worse. If you don't see this bias...I would suggest that you are also bigoted in your outlook.

Grant you sum it up perfectly, Sir.

personally i dont give a **** what colour you are, what language you speak, what religion you are, where you grew up, or what food you like to eat.. if you play some great hockey and beat out the next guy then i want you on my team. period.

and i believe most people on this board feel the same way... but there will always be bigots on both sides of the coin and that's just something we all have to deal with.

but to ignore the fact that RDS is probably more guilty than most for propagating this passive aggressive francophone vs anglophone BS when it comes to hockey is just ignorant .. and to get all pissy because some like to joke about it suggests that you either buy into their BS and are a bit of a bigot yourself or you just are very sensitive and miss interpreted what was being laughed at.

no one is laughing at people who's first language is french. its a beautiful language and hell i'm even starting learn it just cause i like it.

but we are laughing at RDS for the stupid media ploys they keep trying to pull even though mostly everyone see right trough them. its sad and very laughable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad