Confirmed with Link: Bournival makes team

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I doubt he get's sent down, a trade for a pick would be awesome, even a 6th or 7th

Not awesome but it would create space and a bit of cap room. His departure along with that of Bouillon and Budaj, will lower the average age of the team. That'll leave only about a half dozen 30-year-olds (I haven't stopped to count, but that's about right).

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Not awesome but it would create space and a bit of cap room. His departure along with that of Bouillon will lower the average age of the team. That'll leave only about a half dozen 30-year-olds (I haven't stopped to count, but that's about right).

Space yes, cap room we have

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Great news for Bournival. Kid works hard, never takes a play off and does whatever is asked of him. He'll be a solid 4th liner or coming down from the press box. This move makes me happy.

Now that Rene--Eller--Sekac line on the other hand....lol

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
@JohnLuTSNMtl
#Habs Bergevin on last roster cut to get to 23: "I haven't told the player yet and I'm still working on something."

To recap: As of now, Bournival has been told he made the team. Moen has not? And DLR is still up.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Great news for Bournival. Kid works hard, never takes a play off and does whatever is asked of him. He'll be a solid 4th liner or coming down from the press box. This move makes me happy.

Now that Rene--Eller--Sekac line on the other hand....lol

Bourni never had a thing to worry about. He had a pretty well defined role with this club.
DLR is the only Kid who has his versatility and more because he can obviously play C.
But the quality of DLR's game has him ticketed for other things.

Regarding that Eller line I wouldn't totally write it off based on one game.
They didn't get scored against which was critical considering the rest of our lineup.
And although disjointed they were often disjointed in the proper end of the rink. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
@JohnLuTSNMtl
#Habs Bergevin on last roster cut to get to 23: "I haven't told the player yet and I'm still working on something."

To recap: As of now, Bournival has been told he made the team. Moen has not? And DLR is still up.

This is interesting...:naughty:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
@JohnLuTSNMtl

they are renaming l'avenue des canadiens, it'll now be known as Avenue Francis Bouillon. That's what he's working on

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 2m2 minutes ago
#Habs practice lines:
Patch-DD-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Bournival-De La Rose-Moen
Parenteau and Sekac should be switched. Eller and Sekac will not work together (offensively).

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
@JohnLuTSNMtl

Moen is gone by end of the day

PricePkPatch*

@JohnLuTSNMtl

Kane!! Get it done!!

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I'm actually surprised to be honest, not that he made the team but that management has made the right call despite a tough call. The easy decision and what this franchise had been use to in the last 10-15 years was to send the young kid down and let them start in the AHL. Glad Bergevin and team doesn't care and rewards the best and most deserving players

Having a GM that makes the hard decisions, the right ones also, is why good hard working players will want to play in the Habs organization, players are rewarded for their efforts regardless of waivers or other criteria.

It speaks to the Habs quality depth when players of Bournival, Moen and JDLR are fighting for 4th line duties, most franchises have need of PK's of Moen's abilities. As they are in need of tireless talented young prospects like Bourny & JDLR, nice problems for our GM to deal with.

Watching the pre-season games, it's become very easy to see the Habs have numerous options at every position, unlike the teams over the preceding two decades before Bergevin became our GM.:handclap:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Interesting that DLR is still with the team. Great to see MB loves his two-way players rather than the one-way players that were better offensively than DLR.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Parenteau and Sekac should be switched. Eller and Sekac will not work together (offensively).

Agreed about the switch, but more because Parenteau won't work with Patch-DD. They need a power forward type winger that can win battles down low rather than a guy that needs to be passed the puck.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Interesting that DLR is still with the team. Great to see MB loves his two-way players rather than the one-way players that were better offensively than DLR.

JDLR is not a two way player yet, he's already a solid defensive player, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
JDLR is not a two way player yet, he's already a solid defensive player, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

A solid defensive player that goes to the net and has some offensive awareness. Is that not a two-way player?

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

That's not what I would do. I would put Gally with DD and Max, Sekac with Pleky and Chucky, and MAP with Eller and Bourque. I don't believe in MAP on the first line but I have hope of being proven wrong.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
so you think Bergevin will have a 19 year old as a 13th/14th forward? Great idea

i can't help but think that if management is serious about keeping DLR up, Eller and/or Bourque will be traded along with Moen (or if Moen can't be traded he'll be waived)

DLR would then be able to play on the third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad