GDT: Boston Vs Carolina - Jan 28 @ 7:00 at Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Got home, 2-1 B`s til Horty`s great goal, put the harness on the pooch and that grubby Skinner pops one, take the pooch out for less than 5 mins, and it`s tied:(

I`m reading alot about the B`s sloppy plays and poor decisions, Claude settles em down.

Callin it now, this one ends with the B`s winning 5-3, Hamilton with the winner:)

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
Oh oh ...its a pro Dougie crowd here tonite .

I must be a from a different school of defenseman . I would rarley
if ever bail on the last guy after he recieved the puck in my own zone .

Period .

I just can't see myself doing it . But thats just me . Take care of my own end first before advancing and all that . And I'm back there when Kelly turns the puck over .

In front of the net with whomever .

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Well each year they have had a good goal scorer with them to finish for them....this year, well Chris Bourque is probably the furthest thing from a good goal scorer.

Benoit Pouliot is a good goal scorer? Granted he looks like Gretzky compared to Bourque, but Kelly and Peverely are what makes that line work. THey've both just been meh so far.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Kelly and Peverley have had great chemistry until now. Time to tinker a bit before blowing the line up.

Kelly and Peverley have a compete waste of space out there with them,They are playing short all the time,Chia needs pull his head out of you know where and add a NHL player to play there.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Bruins made 3 mistakes and all 3 tims puck landed in the net,
(!) Marchand did not take d man and insead went past to puck where a Bruins D man already had Canes covere,Result wideopen for tip in.

(2) Thornton not geting puck deep and way to much attempts at skilled plays,Result,turnover in net.,
(3) Kelly just needed to play it out off wall.It was the easy ply,instead trys cross ice in own end ,Result in net, ,,Talk about helping out the team your playing,:(

Noticeably less typing when someone scored on TT. Remember?

Life was so simple then. Now everyone is going to get carpal tunnel.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
It wasn't a pinch. The puck, the team and everyone was moving forward and then Thornton makes a stupid play and gives the puck away easily. Can't fault Ference there, there was no reason for a turnover there.

100% it was a turnover on Thornton.

But, as a defender, you are taught from day one that when that happens you hit the brakes and start pumping backwards. Ference has this ability to looked stunned and is slow to react (especially for a small/mobile guy) and in this case he even decides to keep going forward and get stranded in no-mans-land.

Again, this one will be tagged on Thornton, but Ference didn't react right (on only one viewing, admittedly).

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
Bruins made 3 mistakes and all 3 tims puck landed in the net,
(!) Marchand did not take d man and insead went past to puck where a Bruins D man already had Canes covere,Result wideopen for tip in.

(2) Thornton not geting puck deep and way to much attempts at skilled plays,Result,turnover in net.,
(3) Kelly just needed to play it out off wall.It was the easy ply,instead trys cross ice in own end ,Result in net, ,,Talk about helping out the team your playing,:(

Kind of reminds you of playing Montreal in the 80's....

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Oh oh ...its a pro Dougie crowd here tonite .

I must be a from a different school of defenseman . I would rarley
if ever bail on the last guy after he recieved the puck in my own zone .

Period .

I just can't see myself doing it . But thats just me . Take care of my own end first before advancing and all that . And I'm back there when Kelly turns the puck over .

In front of the net with whomever .

Pretty sure there was still another player in the defensive zone with Kelly, behind him. I get what you're saying, but Kelly needs to be better than that, just a very stupid decision.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Kelly and Peverley have a compete waste of space out there with them,They are playing short all the time,Chia needs pull his head out of you know where and add a NHL player to play there.

I`d take Pouliot right about now:sarcasm:

Sidebar, how did Looch do in the scraparoo?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Got home, 2-1 B`s til Horty`s great goal, put the harness on the pooch and that grubby Skinner pops one, take the pooch out for less than 5 mins, and it`s tied:(

I`m reading alot about the B`s sloppy plays and poor decisions, Claude settles em down.

Callin it now, this one ends with the B`s winning 5-3, Hamilton with the winner:)

Hard place to play,Teams are shorthanded tons times in that barn.Bruins need next goal for sure.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
Not all of us. In fact, I would say the majority of us do not. Especially those that attend hockey games. It's a bad goal horn, but it's supposed to be annoying I suppose. Seems it may have worked.

Wtf is the purpose of being annoying. Like let's annoy everyone I the arena as well as the thousands watching across the country, that will totally get our viewership and attendance up

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
No one has blamed Dobby yet.

It's nice having a new goalie.

blame him for what? Allowing a tip in goal from a pinching d-man who should have been picked up? or maybe it was the one on the semi-breakaway from one of the slickest pure goal scorers in the league? Or maybe it was the goal he allowed on a breakaway to one of the league's best centers?
The outcome is due to the defense....not the goalie. He has made a bunch of good saves thus far.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Benoit Pouliot is a good goal scorer? Granted he looks like Gretzky compared to Bourque, but Kelly and Peverely are what makes that line work. THey've both just been meh so far.

I agree with that assessment of Kelly (bad pass on the Gaborik OT winner, too), But I think Pevs has actually looked pretty good in these first 5 games. He's certainly been good tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad