Boston Pens no goal call

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
bad call. to be honest i really dont know what the ref was looking at. if he sees the goalie contact he has to see the bruins defender with his stick up around the pens players next and then shoving him into rask.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Now a high stick goalie by Bergeron in OT, under review

edit: good goal. Bruins double dipped tonight

penguins2946*

Sill's already into Rask's ice well before being tapped by McQuaid anyways which is exactly where the puck went into the net.

You are allowed to be in the crease if you're not interfering with the goalie.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
With the way this game is going, that non goal might turn out to be pretty huge..

Happens to everyone now and again tho.

I hate when I'm right.

Rough night for the Pens. Dominated the game, didn't get the calls.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Well... I'm going to go ahead and get out of this thread. 1 questionable call is tough to overcome. 2? That's tough.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Are the regular Pens posters allowed to make up some crazy conspiracy like the league wanting the Bruins to win?

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
That second one was really bad... Claiming that the puck made contact with the stick below the crossbar? It made contact at about his head height... and while he was bent over, he was still standing firmly above 4' tall.

penguins2946*

If they wanna call it inconclusive fine by me, but below the crossbar? wtf...

Yeah that's where I'm at. If they say "there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it", I would have been fine with that. But this? It blatantly looked like it was above the crossbar.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
I'm not even sure the puck touched Bergerons stick

I'm pretty sure you see the puck go over the glove, which only means the stick HAD to have deflected it. The refs said it hit the stick, but below the crossbar. Which I think is BS.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
You are allowed to be in the crease if you're not interfering with the goalie.

I'd have to watch it again but isn't Sill well into the crease? Seems like he would have interfered regardless if he was pushed or not as Rask would have kicked his pad out to attempt to save the puck. Just my view as a ref

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
I'm not even sure the puck touched Bergerons stick

You could see on the overhead view that Despres missed it, and it definitely changed direction.

If they wanna call it inconclusive fine by me, but below the crossbar? wtf...

That's what I'm saying. It looked at least a few inches high, but making a definitive statement like that is pretty obtuse when it's such a close call.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
How can the puck be deflected down and go right under the crossbar if the stick was under the crossbar?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad