Boston Pens no goal call

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
Terrible call made to disallow legitimate pens goal. Mcquaid forces pens forward into rask after he came to a full stop. Rask knock off balance and Pens score. Even NBC announcers disagreed w call. Makes a case for coaches review

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I'm a Pens fan, but so what. **** happens sooner or later for every team. It's part of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

penguins2946*

Goaltender interference should be reviewable. I really don't understand why it isn't already.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
With the way this game is going, that non goal might turn out to be pretty huge..

Happens to everyone now and again tho.

RoyalDuder

Dec 26, 2011
NY
Should have been a goal, but this type of stuff happens all the time. Same with goalie interference calls deriving from being pushed into the net.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Eh, happens a ton at this point.

Like the NFL and pass interference, the NHL needs to allow goalie interference to be reviewed.

penguins2946*

Correct call was made.

No, it was blatantly the wrong call. Did you even see it?

What was the justification for goalie interference not being reviewable? Or did they never elaborate on why it wasn't? That's really something they need to change up.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Do you want me to go find the 4 or so times that has happened to the Bruins this season?

Sucks but it happens to everyone. Fact is Rask couldn't make the save and that's what the refs saw. Oh well.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Terrible call made to disallow legitimate pens goal. Mcquaid forces pens forward into rask after he came to a full stop. Rask knock off balance and Pens score. Even NBC announcers disagreed w call. Makes a case for coaches review

NBC announcers upset with a call against the Pens? Shocker...

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
It happens, no big deal. Everything evens out over the season.

With that said, I have never understood the concept of the 'non-reviewable' play. Isn't the goal to get the calls right as often as possible? There is no reason that in a play like that, something so difficult to see at real time, a referee shouldn't be able to go back and review the call themselves to ensure that they're getting it right.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not to be "that guy" but the NHL has really been severely anti-Penguins lately. The Montreal game the other night was just a debacle.

In before "Penguins fan crying about referees"

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
It sucked, but you need to overcome the call. Refs aren't perfect, and they have a difficult job. The game moves so fast, so it's hard to really blame them. The system, however, should be fixed.

Make goalie interference reviewable.

spg2000

Mar 2, 2013
I refuse to feel bad about this because of how many times similar bad calls have gone against the Bs so far this season. Terrible call though.

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Not to be "that guy" but the NHL has really been severely anti-Penguins lately. The Montreal game the other night was just a debacle.

In before "Penguins fan crying about referees"

Well to be fair... Playing the habs I can understand why the refs were so torn on who to give the game to.

Winky face emoji.... Kinda

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I refuse to feel bad about this because of how many times similar bad calls have gone against the Bs so far this season. Terrible call though.

Yea... Contrary to popular perception, the Pens and B's have had a rough go of it from the zebras this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad