Boston or Toronto: Who are you rooting for/against?

Boston or Toronto: Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I am rooting for the B's to whip the Maple Laffs so Kyle Dubas will fire the much overrated Mike Babcock!

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Toronto for sure. Love the way the went about their rebuild. Did near perfectly.
Near perfect?! They didn't adequately address a top-pairing right shooting defenseman and allowing Curtis McInhney (so) to go to Carolina only to be replaced by the erratic Garret Sparks.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I am in favor of every Canadian based team and Team Canada's coach Babcock. Definitely my love for hockey, Canadian hockey teams, Canadian players comes first. Glad to see Canadians have scored all three of the goals in the Leaf/Bruins home opener.:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Reactions: beh3moth

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
We have never had a rivalry with Toronto. I am surprised by these results. I was brought up in an era where you had to hate the Bruin's. There is no way I could cheer for them against anyone. 'I think this says a lot about the age group in this poll, perhaps I'm wrong, but this seems like a millennial thing primarily.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Neither....

How could a Habs fan ever root for either of our most fierce rivals?

I'm rooting for a 4-game sweep, where each game goes into double or triple OT & is a nasty vicious affair leaving the winner so bruised and battered that they get swept in the next round...

Heartbreak all around.
Minimal playoff revenue.
Both teams golfing by early May.

Best case scenario.

I don't understand when Toronto became a rival at all, let alone our most fierce?

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Great suggestion by a Bruins fan (thanks, @rfournier103): Which of our rivals are you rooting for in the Leafs/Bruins series?

I'm on the Boston train for this one. As much as I can't stand the Bruins, at least it's a mature hate. Both the Habs and Bruins have given as well as they've got over the years, so there's a measure of sanity and respect in the mix. Toronto fans, on the other hand, are like a swarm of religious zealots at the airport who won't shut up or listen to reason. Any team that allows insipid taglines like "Leafs Nation" and "Johnny Toronto" to pollute social media deserves to be booted out of the playoffs as fast as possible. Shut 'em down, Bruins.

lshap with the wise words again

"mature hate", i like that :thumbu:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
We have never had a rivalry with Toronto. I am surprised by these results. I was brought up in an era where you had to hate the Bruin's. There is no way I could cheer for them against anyone. 'I think this says a lot about the age group in this poll, perhaps I'm wrong, but this seems like a millennial thing primarily.

Yeah. If I see a Leafs poster in my office, I’d probably groan and roll my eyes. If I see a Bruins poster, I’ll have a need to punch it and hunt down whoever hung it.

Ideally, Leafs eliminate the Bruins and then they have to forfeit the rest of the playoffs.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

I dislike the Bruins a lot more as a team but Leafs fans are the worst in sports.

Reactions: DubDub and Krnage

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Dave morrisette on tva sport : i know very well debrusk’s father. « I fought with him couple of times ». Hey budy dont lie! You only played 11 games in the nhl. What is your problem!? Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad