Boston or Toronto: Who are you rooting for/against?

Boston or Toronto: Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
I'd like neither but I pick Boston. Leafs fans all act like if the Toronto Maple Leafs are the Montreal Canadiens, they think Toronto is "ThE cEnTeR oF hOcKeY" :biglaugh: when Montreal is actually the mecca of hockey. :nod:
I slept on it, hoping that "la nuit would bring conseil" kind of thing, or for an epiphany of sorts on my part to alleviate Beauchamp's frustration regarding my suggestion to include a third option to the poll. But the more I think about, the more I'm inclined to go with my initial feeling: f*** them both! :nod: Beauchamp, you are a better person than me :oops::DD

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
It's funny because yesterday my 7 y.o. son asked me the same question "Daddy, if the Maple Leafs and the Bruins are playing together, what do we do???". I told him "Look son, I know we hate them both, but we really hate the Leafs more, so we cheer for the yellows and black this time". He said, "yeah, true, booooo the Leafs!"

A good education is important!

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
It's funny because yesterday my 7 y.o. son asked me the same question "Daddy, if the Maple Leafs and the Bruins are playing together, what do we do???". I told him "Look son, I know we hate them both, but we really hate the Leafs more, so we cheer for the yellows and black this time". He said, "yeah, true, booooo the Leafs!"

A good education is important!

Ladies and gentlemen, academic excellence at its absolute best.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Boston by far. Hate hate hate Boston but I admire the way they've assembled their teams, and even though they're little shits against us, it's hard not to envy guys like Marchand, Krejci, Bergeron and pastrnak. Not to mention, nothing would please me more than Toronto's dynasty (foregone conclusion), Nylander'a albatros and all, goes belly up in the first round, and wastes the rest of their top players' peaks.

callmek2

Go Habs Go!
Oct 5, 2011
I hate the Bruins team more than any other team. Despise marchand and can't stand Chara. I don't care about the Leafs as a team. They haven't played the Habs in a meaningful playoff series since the 60s.

That being said. I live in Toronto and rhe obnoxiousness of Leaf fans makes it impossible to cheer for the Leafs. Can't believe i'm actually cheering for the Bruins. I feel sick

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Boston in 1st round. Cant stand leaf fans. Then go tampa in round 2. Then whoever is around in the west in the finals

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Boston has a secret weapon.
Halak.JPG

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I hate the Bruins team more than any other team. Despise marchand and can't stand Chara. I don't care about the Leafs as a team. They haven't played the Habs in a meaningful playoff series since the 60s.

That being said. I live in Toronto and rhe obnoxiousness of Leaf fans makes it impossible to cheer for the Leafs. Can't believe i'm actually cheering for the Bruins. I feel sick
Most of us are right there in the same hospital ward with you, brother.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This is one of my favorite threads of all time. I absolutely love this.

Here’s something for the anti-Leafs crowd that you might enjoy. It’s from 2013, but as poignant today as it was then. It was made and posted by a Toronto fan.

I present you with this:

I think the blond girl on the left, visible when the OT goal was scored, is a Bruins fan.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I slept on it, hoping that "la nuit would bring conseil" kind of thing, or for an epiphany of sorts on my part to alleviate Beauchamp's frustration regarding my suggestion to include a third option to the poll. But the more I think about, the more I'm inclined to go with my initial feeling: **** them both! :nod: Beauchamp, you are a better person than me :oops::DD
I have a feeling that's not a great achievement. :blush:

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Boston, I want Toronto to continue never winning in the playoffs. Boston has gone past the 1st round multiple times, its no big deal if they do it again just to get smashed by Tampa.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Honestly though as much as I hate the Bruins, I have to admit I love the city of Boston a lot more than Toronto, I'm a huge Pats fan, I like the Red Sox, Basketball I don't really care for and again I'm very jealous of the Bruins and how they got their shit together since 2011 by winning a Cup and also making it to the finals on another occasion.
Us we still have an incompetent GM and an owner who cares more and more about his investments around the Bell Centre

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
boston already won a cup not too long ago so woudlnt mind them adding another one,can you imagine toronto fans with a stanley cup :facepalm:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
This is also a great series to watch for the all the ones who want Jake Gardiner signed this summer ( I'm not a fan of his )
See if he is better than that brutal game 7 last spring

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Neither, actually I hope they go to overtime in game 7. Series ends in the 20th overtime. No one available with any legs for game 1 series 2

Reactions: Forum93

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I've never disliked Boston as much as I suppose I should as a Montreal fan. Always respected their teams for the past decade or so TBH. Fans are tolerable for the most part too.

Toronto fans on the other hand, humiliate them pls.

Reactions: rfournier103

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
This is one of my favorite threads of all time. I absolutely love this.

Here’s something for the anti-Leafs crowd that you might enjoy. It’s from 2013, but as poignant today as it was then. It was made and posted by a Toronto fan.

I present you with this:

I think the blond girl on the left, visible when the OT goal was scored, is a Bruins fan.

Fantastic clip.

The pain in their eyes warms my heart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad