Pre-Game Talk: Boston @ Montreal: Tues. Nov. 5 @ 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Sad times for sure............Bruins have been in it to win it...........and have had some terrific results. Their standards are so much more different...............

Habs.............standards, are all about participating, and trying real hard, in both languages!! lol

Thanks Geoff...must time to put the prices of everything up for a Optimum game!!

Optimum games and weekend games price gouging is despicable. The cost for everything is already ridiculous,and then they spike things even more.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Huge test. We always seem to get up to play Boston, no matter how good they are.

It'd be nice to see Poehling get into this game right off the bat.

It would be a great test for him right from the get go,but not sure it will be his debut. Not enough time and practice to assimilate. Perhaps on LW with Nate and move Cousins with Nick.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Huge test. We always seem to get up to play Boston, no matter how good they are.

It'd be nice to see Poehling get into this game right off the bat.

I'd like to see Poehling get in the Bruins game as well. What he does in practice to adjust to our system has a lot to do with it though.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
The Canadiens have recalled forward Ryan Poehling from the AHL’s Laval Rocket. He will be at practice on Monday. Forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi has been placed on the injured reserve list (groin).

what should we expect?

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Armia
Lehkonen - Poehling - Byron
Cousins - Thompson - Suzuki

?

Do I get a cookie?

Line up this morning :

Drouin - Domi - Armia

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am not old enough to have seen that team. :)
Simply amazing that the under dog Habs with a goalie with 6 NHL games was able to defeat (at the time) the most dominant NHL team ever assembled. Esposito scored 76 goals that year and this young D named Orr was winning Norris trophies every year.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Simply amazing that the under dog Habs with a goalie with 6 NHL games was able to defeat (at the time) the most dominant NHL team ever assembled. Esposito scored 76 goals that year and this young D named Orr was winning Norris trophies every year.
There was another hero in that series, #4. He got the comeback started after Pocket's late goal in the second.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Why can't they just leave Suzuki at C ?!
He played well there, but he is adapting well to the NHL. No problems with experimenting with Poehling. Suzuki is looking good on the wing too. Exciting times in Montreal when we have these up and comers fighting over center ice.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He played well there, but he is adapting well to the NHL. No problems with experimenting with Poehling. Suzuki is looking good on the wing too. Exciting times in Montreal when we have these up and comers fighting over center ice.

Let's just clarify that it is over 3 line center ice at best. With KK back, the competition for Nate Thompson's winger spot will be fierce.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Do I get a cookie?

Line up this morning :

Drouin - Domi - Armia

That can change fast if things go not as to planned. Get what they are testing,but not sure RP is ready to take on that role.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I would also argue whether Byron and Lekhonen is a third line... I think Nate the Great and his crew are ahead of the so called 3rd line. Sigh. This is just sad. Every win literally feels like over-achievement.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I need something explained to me. So coaches make and hopefully maintain certain forward lines and defense pairings. They give these combinations time to gel and get themselves in sync. Usually they are given at least a decent number of games to gel.

Then all of a sudden, on a powerplay, these lines are broken. Why? Why not have the line that played together for the past 10 games on the PP? Is Tatar playing point really creates an advantage?

I am sorry... i am actually not being facetious... i genuinely don't understand the practice.

Reactions: habsfan891

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bruins are damn good. This is the best Bs team I think I've ever seen. They're better than the cup winning team they had in 2011. Their cross ice passes are crazy and they've got so much offensive talent.
They are damn good. But the Cup winning team that included Horton, Lucic in his prime, Riecchi the cagey vet, Seguin the rookie as a spare part, Thomas with Rask as a back up, Vintage Chara,. Plus Marchand, Kretchi, Bergeron and Ryder. That was one hell of a team.

But the 011 team did not have a red hot Pasternac. Who right now is the best forward in the league.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I need something explained to me. So coaches make and hopefully maintain certain forward lines and defense pairings. They give these combinations time to gel and get themselves in sync. Usually they are given at least a decent number of games to gel.

Then all of a sudden, on a powerplay, these lines are broken. Why? Why not have the line that played together for the past 10 games on the PP? Is Tatar playing point really creates an advantage?

I am sorry... i am actually not being facetious... i genuinely don't understand the practice.
Just because they give pairings time to gel does not mean they did.

The thing that seems to be in now is 4 forwards and one D.

Habs powerplay has sucked for years. They dont have the elite pivot player at center. Have not had a guy their since Koivu. Who was centering the great powerplay Montreal had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad