Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
2013 - Eastern Conference Finals: Pens 0 Bruins 0 - Go home embarrassed by depth, depth, and more depth. Penguins haven't seen depth this impressive since...

(Kirk, going to need you to finish this sentence, I value my avatar too much)

GDT hookers?

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
2013 - Eastern Conference Finals: Pens 0 Bruins 0 - Go home embarrassed by depth, depth, and more depth. Penguins haven't seen depth this impressive since...

(Kirk, going to need you to finish this sentence, I value my avatar too much)

i think you need a cartoon Ulfie avatar...or find a way to incorporate this gif:

tumblr_marro2w1BK1qmxwq8o1_500.gif

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
It was a dirty play. However, I love Matt Cooke. He's hilarious to watch.

It was, and I understand why Bruins fans don't like Cooke. He was a dirty player at that time, but he's turned his game around so much.

I just think there should also be blame put on the doctors who let Savard come back too soon and Hunwick for giving him the concussion that has actually kept him out all this time.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I admittedly generalized about anticipating a lot of stupid name calling and very little intelligent hockey talk from Boston or New York fan bases. I hope that they prove me wrong. Doubtful given past interactions but if it happens I will apologize.

As for arrogance I already called the Pens the decided underdog and gave reasons why. Cole gave some as well. I will give more if Boston gets by the Rangers.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
In response to what Kirk asked about line combos,
The Bruins are pretty efficient at containing things off the rush and boxing things out. The best way to get to the Boston defenders is getting the puck behind the goal line and cycling it. Make it so that Bruins have to stretch their defensive coverage.

Ideally, I would have 10,000 gatorade injected into Kunitz and double-shift him with Crosby and Malkin.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I swear, the worst thing about internet discussion is the "Two Extremes" blinders that settle in over discussion.

It's like we're playing by the "Rules for Radicals" here.

The idea that if you don't say that X is going to steamroll Y, then you're saying that Y is going to steamroll X.

Come on, it doesn't work that way. Their fanbase is still going to hate us even if we all say that Boston is superior and will pick us apart as if they were the Red Wings of the 90s.

They're good, and they can beat us, yes. We can also beat them.

I have no idea how many games the series will go, and frankly, at this point before it has even started (and assuming that the Rangers don't came back, which they still could), I don't particularly care how many it goes.

It's going to go however long it goes, and whoever wins is whoever wins.

Their fanbase isn't going to like us no matter how much any of us supplicates ourselves and espouses their superiority, so it's a waste of time. There's a case to be made for either team.

Waiting sucks.

pblc

Mar 8, 2002
Nova Scotia Canada
Visit site
I swear, the worst thing about internet discussion is the "Two Extremes" blinders that settle in over discussion.

The idea that if you don't say that X is going to steamroll Y, then you're saying that Y is going to steamroll X.

Come on, it doesn't work that way. Their fanbase is still going to hate us even if we all say that Boston is superior and will pick us apart as if they were the Red Wings of the 90s.

I have no idea how many games the series will go, and frankly, at this point before it has even started (and assuming that the Rangers don't came back, which they still could), I don't particularly care how many it goes.

Their fanbase isn't going to like us no matter how much any of us supplicates ourselves and espouses their superiority, so it's a waste of time. There's a case to be made for either team.

Waiting sucks.

Awesome post :handclap:

Wish there were more posters like this on all boards (including the Bruins).

Now let's see what happens today.....like I've said, you guys still don't know who you're facing.

marty

Jun 30, 2007

Waiting sucks.

:handclap:

Very well said. I'm a life long Bruin fan, but also being raised in the Halifax, Nova Scotia area I have a lot of Crosby love.

I am terrified of the Pens as a B's fan. Skill, depth, good coaching, great leadership, and a huge desire to win is a daunting cocktail. Having said that I don't see either team steamrolling the other. I would have to say the Penguins have the advantage and should take the series in 6. BUT I firmly believe the Bruins can win this series and hope they will.

I see it like this: Can the Julien team-defense model shut down (or at least contain) the league's most skilled and deepest forward group? And can the Pens inconsistent d-corps stand up against a big, excellent cycling, tenacious Bruins forwards (*Ed. Note: that inconsistent label can certainly used on this forward group as large sections of this season went by without them ever showing up to play).

I will start to look forward to seeing it all play out if the Bruins can close out the Rangers today.

Good Luck Pens Fans, see you on the other side!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The Rags are sitting back and collapsing to their net agt the Bruins and trying to block shots. It's by design, but it's blowing up in their faces. The system worked well enough last season, but it is essentially an idiotic system IMHO. They rely way too much on blocked shots and aren't blocking nearly as many shots this year.

The Leafs played an aggressive 2-1 at times and used the stretch pass to really hurt the Bruins. The Leafs were all over the Bruins in games 6 and 7 to the point I was laughing at how badly the Bruins were being owned.

We'll see how it goes, but the Bruins aren't the 78 Habs on defense like some will have you believe.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The B's are about as worrisome as a cloudy day.

;)

Should be a good series, but I didn't see much from the B's in the games vs. the Pens this year to think they can take the Pens out in a 7 game series.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Awesome post :handclap:

Wish there were more posters like this on all boards (including the Bruins).

Now let's see what happens today.....like I've said, you guys still don't know who you're facing.
Cmon, the Rangers are WEAK. They won one game with 2 fluke goals, they're done.

Possible jinx post here.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Bruins fans are pure comedy. They desperately root for the sens to take out the pens, but when it doesn't happen they say their team will destroy em anyways. And pens fans are dumb to think otherwise.

Can't wait for all the crying about the refs in this series( yes it will happen...rangers aren't doing ****) . That fanbase is just as delusional as Philly.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
FYI the Cooke hit on savard was a "legal" hit according to the rules of the time.

Not really, no. His hit and Richards' hit on Perron were both dirty and miraculously both were not suspended.

Irrelevant.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I remember being pissed at that hit as soon as it happened. no reason for it. We've seen worse hits in the NHL with guys being fine afterwards but the fact that Savards career ( not to mention life affected) is over made it even worse. I don't blame any bruins fan for hating Cooke...they should. And any pens fan would be ridiculous to stick up for him...I've only seen a few over the years though.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Im less intreagued by what Bruins fans are saying than the rest of the leagues fans...I expect the bruins fans to root for their team rather than the Pens, no surprise there, but while it may just be a vocal minority, it seems like a ton of other non Pens fans seem to think the Bruins are going to be the favorite because of how they have been playing since game 7 of the Toronto game...

note that the rangers also were not exactly world beaters the first round, they barely squeaked past the caps, who had to be the softest team in the playoffs. They have a PP clicking at a whopping 7%.. their best offensive play seems to be the slow shot at the net in hopes that the goaltender will fall down and let it slide past... I just dont understand how any of the neutral fans can look at what the bruins have done vs the Pens this year, what the Pens added to their team since then, and how these systems match up and still be giving a Bruins team that has yet to finish out the rangers so much props

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad