Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Boston is a deep team. Their defense will be healthy at the right time. Scary team to go up against.

What people probably don't see is how many chances Jagr and Seguin have actually had. Seguin has been all over the ice but can't finish. He finally got that monkey off his back. It also goes without saying the guy in the net is the best in the business. We do not have a Hank to bail us out.

Also... their stars are shining. This is going to be one ****ing difficult series. This is what we prepared for. We really need Vokoun to stay strong and our defense to play amazing.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
1991 - Wales CF: Pens 4 Bruins 2 .... Go on to beat Minnesota in cup
1992 - Wales CF: Pens 4 Bruins 0 .... Go on to beat Chicago in cup

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
They're a good team, getting hot at the right time, and yes, they can beat us. Hell, if the Rangers pull off a comeback and we play them, they could beat us. Anything could happen once you're this far down the road.

But it's not like running around ****ting our pants in fear of them is going to gain us any respect from their fanbase or on the mainboards.

The team just has to take what comes and do what they can to put them away and move on. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

As far as the virulent reactions/responses from other fanbases (again), yes, it IS Penguin Derangement Syndrome, and it's not arrogant or entitled to say such.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
But it's not like running around ****ting our pants in fear of them is going to gain us any respect from their fanbase or on the mainboards.

Nothing will gain us respect from their fanbase. I don't know if they hated us before the Iggy trade, but the irrational levels of animosity they have towards him and our team as a whole now is insane.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
If I'm Danny B, the assignment of every right wing on the roster is to dump the puck in Chara's end and hammer him all game in game 1. If he loses his crap and starts firing, turtle. Anything goes in the playoffs.

This is also what I expect to see, considering this was their exact strategy against the Bs just before the playoffs started last season.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
My reaction upon going into the Bruin's around-the-NHL discussion thread and seeing their opinions of the Penguins:

5spU9wM.gif

I wasn't expecting Pens love, of course, but they are straight up delusional. They think every win is a Bettman-approved gift from the refs, it's unbelievable. I hope we embarass them.

Grab the WD-40 and start getting it ready...

SwA9adL.gif

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Meh, Vokoun gives up a lot of rebounds that I could see becoming a problem...Of course we are confident after the last series, but considering how the first series went, I am not about to make any predictions

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Some? Every Bruins fan I know are that way including the ones on this site. Seeing the stuff they write you would think they're the Red Wings from the last 15 years. Hopefully we spank them
most bruins fans on the site realize the pens should and probably will win the series...kind of ironic about the arrogance comment though, reading all the posts on the pens board...

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
I think I have to give the edge to the Pens, but it is very close. The Bruins have a tremendous amount assets and no one will be surprised or call it an "upset" if they just click and beat us with their depth, defense, or goal-tending (or any combination of).

This one could turn into a rivalry. Their fans do indeed seem to hate our club and fanbase ... I'm really excited for this series if it materializes. Less excited for the Rags, should that particular miracle on ice occur.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
most bruins fans on the site realize the pens should and probably will win the series...kind of ironic about the arrogance comment though, reading all the posts on the pens board...

The majority of Boston fans that I have seen on forums and such are arrogant.

pblc

Mar 8, 2002
Nova Scotia Canada
Visit site

Don't even waste the energy....come back on over to the safe confines of the Bruins board. Bruins/Rangers ain't even over yet...but if it does go in the Bruins favor I think that reasonable Bruin fans would have to give the edge to the Pens.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Nothing will gain us respect from their fanbase. I don't know if they hated us before the Iggy trade, but the irrational levels of animosity they have towards him and our team as a whole now is insane.

We hated you when Cooke did his "thing", Iginla has nothing to do with it Hopefully the Bruins win today so both teams go into battle rested and Healthy to see whom is the better team on ice, becuase we can all say were better but the players will decide.

And also stop generalizing us half of you guys are saying Pens will steamroll the Bruins, witch is you know arrogant to say the least, Bruins have a huge edge in defence and net while the pens have the edge in offence, also Bruins have more goals from there defenceman, the leading scorer in the play-offs.

NumberOneCooke*

We don't dwell on Crosby and all the cheapshots he took in his concussion year. I don't know why Bruin fans can't just get over it.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
We hated you when Cooke did his "thing", Iginla has nothing to do with it Hopefully the Bruins win today so both teams go into battle rested and Healthy to see whom is the better team on ice, becuase we can all say were better but the players will decide.

I know the Cooke "thing" started it. But it seems as though it has gotten much worse since the Iginla trade. I don't read the boards of other teams much, but the Iginla hate on the main board is pretty strong.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Boston is a deep team. Their defense will be healthy at the right time. Scary team to go up against.

What people probably don't see is how many chances Jagr and Seguin have actually had. Seguin has been all over the ice but can't finish. He finally got that monkey off his back. It also goes without saying the guy in the net is the best in the business. We do not have a Hank to bail us out.

Also... their stars are shining. This is going to be one ****ing difficult series. This is what we prepared for. We really need Vokoun to stay strong and our defense to play amazing.

1. What's the prognosis there?

2. If Geno and Neal keep going as they are, then it's a matchup nightmare for the B's. We've got Sid and Geno. They've only got one Chara. As long as DB remembers that, we're good.

3. Are we better off with DCI+KMN or KCD+IMN against the B's? I know what Bylsma is going to do, but I was curious what you thought on that one.

4. Will be interesting to see how we deal with how much more aggressively and physically the B's crash the net than the Isles or Sens. I think we'll be o'k . . . Shero built the team for this. But, it's still something that will be interesting to watch.

EDIT: As a follow up to point 2, with the way Malkin is going and the way Neal has stepped up, I think those two in particular are a problem for Boston. Physically, just like the Sens series, I don't see the guy they've got to matchup against him, unless they're going to put Chara out there on him and put Bergeron on Sid's line.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
We don't dwell on Crosby and all the cheapshots he took in his concussion year. I don't know why Bruin fans can't just get over it.

We would be over it if Savvy was still on the ice, he is not that is why, if you had to watch the Penguins from here on out with a Crosby in his prime sitting at his house with a head ache would you be happy.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
We would be over it if Savvy was still on the ice, he is not that is why, if you had to watch the Penguins from here on out with a Crosby in his prime sitting at his house with a head ache would you be happy.

Matt Cooke doesn't post on HFBoards.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Meh, Vokoun gives up a lot of rebounds that I could see becoming a problem...Of course we are confident after the last series, but considering how the first series went, I am not about to make any predictions

Vokoun directs most of those. Sometimes, doing just that jump starts the breakout.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
2013 - Eastern Conference Finals: Pens 0 Bruins 0 - Go home embarrassed by depth, depth, and more depth. Penguins haven't seen depth this impressive since...

(Kirk, going to need you to finish this sentence, I value my avatar too much)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad