Post-Game Talk: Boston Bruins v New Jersey Devils - 4/4/13 - 1-0 - JAGR GAME WINNAH!

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Now the Bruins just need a few more PP opportunities so that Jagr can get in some more practice.

How do they do that BTW, without looking like Les Habitants L'équipe de Plongeon?

Skate more. Move the puck better. Cause frustration in the opposing players, and force them to "cheat" to keep up.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
59770_365993100172163_39627793_n.jpg

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Another Question?

Have the Bruins led in PK% from the start to this point? Has it ever happened in NHL history that a team has led from start to finish?

I believe they slipped to number two for a brief moment, then moved back. But I am not 100% sure.

Esquire

Feb 21, 2013
CT
Jagr has two execellent tip in attempts in the first. One on a Chara blast then another (I forget who's shot). You can tell immediatly they guy has skills you are not used to seing in a Bs uni lately. His work on the PP below the goal line again was something I have not seen since probably Savvy. He is as dangerous as anyone on the ice. He is one of the few guys you hold your breath when he is around the puck. Its gonna be a fun ride!

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Last night they said listed @ 240lbs and Brickley said he thought he was bigger. I can't see the pic at work so assuming Jagr.

Jagr decked somebody behind the net without even trying to hit him. He just kinda fell into the guy, and the Devils player went right to the ice.

His legs are tree trunks.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Seguin played well at centre, but he needs to work on his face offs, he was very rusty right now. Played well positionally in his zone, which is big.

If he's not already, he should be working with Bergeron on them any chance he gets. There's no better person to learn from than the master.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Interesting quotes about his love for the game and how if he feels healthy enough he wants to keep playing.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Fans, your welcome, I haven`t watched one minute of Bruin hockey in the last 3 games, and the boys are 3-0.

I work tomorrow night, dare I say they go 4-0???

It`ll take Jagr a few games to get used to the system and new linemates, but reading from comments here, he helped create a few PP chances?

You are NOT bad luck and should watch the B's. In fact you need to get to a game in Boston !

I believe there was only one PP . Jagr does get to the net. I don't think he will hurt the B's. He looked pleased when the fans gave him a standing O and chanted his name.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I believe they slipped to number two for a brief moment, then moved back. But I am not 100% sure.

i don't think their overall ranking has slipped all season, although their home pk% did slip a bit for a while.

All this will change if Kelly isn't back soon. He doesn't make up for Bergy being out, but it can be a temporary band aid. We've just been surviving pk's lately, not killing them.

I've been beating this "don't be distracted by that shiny noisy thing called a PP" drum for awhile, but we'll soon find out what it's like to have just an average or below average pk. Bad PP's just p*ss everyone off. Bad pk's lose games.

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
Jagr has two execellent tip in attempts in the first. One on a Chara blast then another (I forget who's shot). You can tell immediatly they guy has skills you are not used to seing in a Bs uni lately. His work on the PP below the goal line again was something I have not seen since probably Savvy. He is as dangerous as anyone on the ice. He is one of the few guys you hold your breath when he is around the puck. Its gonna be a fun ride!

It's so true. When the puck comes near Jagr, it's like "hold on to your hats, kiddies!!"
Now, this novelty might wear off, but I bet it doesn't, not on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad