Post-Game Talk: Boston Bruins v New Jersey Devils - 4/4/13 - 1-0 - JAGR GAME WINNAH!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
@MichaelSBerger: Tuukka Rask is now 4-0-0 with 3 shutouts in his career when making 40 (or more) saves in a game.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
@MichaelSBerger: Tuukka Rask is now 4-0-0 with 3 shutouts in his career when making 40 (or more) saves in a game.

That's an interesting stat. Tells me he's the type of goalie that thrives on being busy and seeing a lot of pucks come his way.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Boston has to finish 1st in the NE. Too many great matchups:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Boston
3. Washington
4. Montreal
5. Toronto
6. Ottawa
7. New York Islanders
8. New York Rangers

PIT v NYR ( I smell upset)
BOS v NYI (Great matchup for first round)
WAS v OTT (Battle of the Capital cities)
MON v TOR (Enough said)

This would not be NBC's dream match up, but Habs and Leafs hate each other about as much as the Bruins and Habs. This would be a good series.

bigcat188

Nov 24, 2011
Cape Cod
They are going to need a better game then that to beat the Canadians.
Horton needs to be able to pull the trigger he had chances...but it has been beat to death.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

One thing about Tuukka is I often think he plays better when he is kept busy (although would prefer it not be 40 shots of busy).

I think this probably goes back to the people who say Tuukka does better when he is playing a lot and gets a rhythm vs a couple of games on and a couple off.

Either way, Tuukka had a good game last night.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
This would not be NBC's dream match up, but Habs and Leafs hate each other about as much as the Bruins and Habs. This would be a good series.

If Boston want to finish 1st in the NE, they better start to play a FULL 60 min right now.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Has every game we've played against the Habs been for the division lead? Seems like it.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Good win, but this team looks awful out there.
Turnover after turnover.

power play actually looked like a threat when they had it set up though. First time in a long time.

Please get back Bergie and Kelly. Did we even win a faceoff last nite?

Bottom line is i am very worried about these turnovers. I dont know what it is, but they are in for a one round exit, maybe getting to the second round max, if they continue this play.

Im worried because they have been doing it pretty much all season, and there is no end in sight. Especially without Bergie to cover up for the mistakes.

Can you imagine if we were without chara and Bergeron?? Talk about two players that totally change the dynamic of a team. I think Chara covered up for at least 10 turnovers last nite.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Turnover after turnover.

power play actually looked like a threat when they had it set up though. First time in a long time.

Bottom line is i am very worried about these turnovers. I dont know what it is, but they are in for a one round exit, maybe getting to the second round max, if they continue this play.

Im worried because they have been doing it pretty much all season, and there is no end in sight. Especially without Bergie to cover up for the mistakes.

Can you imagine if we were without chara and Bergeron?? Talk about two players that totally change the dynamic of a team. I think Chara covered up for at least 10 turnovers last nite.

The turnover is the one thing that has been consistent so far this year. They are all guilty of it...even the goalies. I have seen turnover after turnover after turnover in the last 2 games. They need to get back to making smart, simple plays. Can't be hitting homeruns all the time.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Turnover after turnover.

Definitely didn't dominate at the dot, but in the 2nd and 3rd they managed to at least get the won draws up to 45% (first period it was around 30%).

This team is definitely missing Bergeron's skill at the dot, but they miss his skill in all facets of the game.

I think Seguin will do better at center with more practice and games under his belt, but the reality is that this team doesn't have anyone who can really fill Bergeron's shoes.

Good news is Kelly is close to coming back and is traveling with the team, which makes me think he is going to be back in the line-up sooner than later. He isn't Bergeron either, but he is decent at the dot and has a more defensive game.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I saw that too, Jagr patting Brad. Too cute.

So nice to see you and Garden Rink Rat! And DKH's non-silly daughter too. :)

Fun game to watch after a sputtery first period. Tuuuuukka was terrific. Jagr was a bit nervous I think but that's to be expected. The Devils play a solid system and seemed like they had bodies/sticks in the passing lanes all game. Gutty win for the B's.

Home at midnight and not a moment too soon. I am wiped out.

Nice to see you and thanks for coming over to say "hi"

We had 3 "marry-me-Seguin" girls next to us last night. They wanted us to pass a note to Tyler as he went by...I said no.

They were disappointed because Seggy did not pay them any attention.

It was really nice to see Tuukka have a great game. He needed that.

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
I'm glad a lot of our fans see us as a first round exit when there's a chance we will be playing a team (Leafs,Sens,Devils,Jets,Islanders) that we managed to win most or all of our games against this year despite playing like crap :laugh:

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I knew Jagr would help our power play, but I couldn't believe how much of a difference already.

Jagr and Krejci seem to have some serious chemistry just from those few moments on the PP. I think Julien is trying to play his cards right and we will see Krech-Jagr together at some point. The possible dynamic of the duo reminds me of Giroux-Jagr.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Nice to see you and thanks for coming over to say "hi"

We had 3 "marry-me-Seguin" girls next to us last night. They wanted us to pass a note to Tyler as he went by...I said no.

They were disappointed because Seggy did not pay them any attention.

It was really nice to see Tuukka have a great game. He needed that.

Poor Tyler. :laugh:

I was so happy for Tuukka, especially considering the **** he's been getting from some people.

Our next game is April 15, so maybe we'll see you then. :)

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Jagr and Krejci seem to have some serious chemistry just from those few moments on the PP. I think Julien is trying to play his cards right and we will see Krech-Jagr together at some point. The possible dynamic of the duo reminds me of Giroux-Jagr.

Jagr and Krejci have great confidence with the puck and slow the game down. I hope Seguin develops into that type of player. Seguin has such great speed and finishing abilities but I would like to see him slow the game down around him more and be a great playmaker.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Honestly, as slow as Jagr looks next to Seguin & Marchand. He is going to develop some great chemistry. No doubt they are (were) our most skilled offensive guys. I would like to see that line stay together, they had several good opportunites last night; I thought.

When Bergeron comes back, bring him on slowly with Peverley and Kelly on the 'third' line. That would be a full bonafide checking line; better than we've had in a long time!!

Also; agree on the power play. Not only did they improve it; he changed it immediately, setting up below the goal line in the corner and getting some good looking chances. It looked like a real power play!!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Fans, your welcome, I haven`t watched one minute of Bruin hockey in the last 3 games, and the boys are 3-0.

I work tomorrow night, dare I say they go 4-0???

It`ll take Jagr a few games to get used to the system and new linemates, but reading from comments here, he helped create a few PP chances?

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Fans, your welcome, I haven`t watched one minute of Bruin hockey in the last 3 games, and the boys are 3-0.

I work tomorrow night, dare I say they go 4-0???

It`ll take Jagr a few games to get used to the system and new linemates, but reading from comments here, he helped create a few PP chances?

Yup. He set up in Gretzky's office and fed passes. This new concept is going to take our other guys some time to get used to.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yup. He set up in Gretzky's office and fed passes. This new concept is going to take our other guys some time to get used to.

Nice, watched only highlights, saw something strange too, on his goal, he was driving to the net??? Whatta concept;)

Glad the boys won, SOG aren`t by any means a stat I ever take to heart but sounds like the Devs carried most of the play?

Watched the Leaf/Flyer game, pretty sure the Leaf D is getting worse with each passing game, and I am now convinced, Reimer has no idea where the puck is at any time. It appears that almost every save he makes, he has no clue where the puck came from, nor where the rebound has gone, very odd watching him

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Maybe it's Jagr who will have to get used to passing the puck to the point... Kaberle looked great in his first game on the PP until he learned the system.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
yeah...they have no idea how to handle that level of creativity....all they know is: pass the puck around the perimeter....shoot from the point.

it`ll take them some time to adjust to the creativity Jagr brings I am sure but nice to read about Jagr at least making the D respect the PP a bit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad