Post-Game Talk: Boston Bruins v New Jersey Devils - 4/4/13 - 1-0 - JAGR GAME WINNAH!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Nice, watched only highlights, saw something strange too, on his goal, he was driving to the net??? Whatta concept;)

Glad the boys won, SOG aren`t by any means a stat I ever take to heart but sounds like the Devs carried most of the play?

Watched the Leaf/Flyer game, pretty sure the Leaf D is getting worse with each passing game

The Devils dominated shots in the first period (17-4 or thereabouts); the Bruins were somewhat out of sync, unsurprisingly. The Bruins were the better team in the second period, and in the third a desperate NJ team was pounding away.

Boston, as noted earlier, was dominated at the faceoff dot in the first, but was better in the second and third, which cut down on the NJ shots.

The LKH line was shut out but they had some good chances and played well. Props to Brodeur who I've heard is a pretty fair goalie. ;) Jagr and Segs/Marchy showed promise but were off a bit, as expected - they weren't the well-oiled machine they can be with Bergeron.

The PP showed promise with Jagr, who was on the entire 2 mins, and the PK was great per usual. Tuukka was outstanding.

The Devils are well coached and as I said earlier, always seem to be in the passing lanes. They deserve credit.

Good game to watch after the first. :)

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Fans, your welcome, I haven`t watched one minute of Bruin hockey in the last 3 games, and the boys are 3-0.

I work tomorrow night, dare I say they go 4-0???

It`ll take Jagr a few games to get used to the system and new linemates, but reading from comments here, he helped create a few PP chances?

You should be watching! The team needs you!

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
I just love the idea that it appeared that Jagr was teaching the whole game. You could see him talking to Seguin and Machand on the bench and it looked like he was coaching, same thing with Ferrence later in the game. I think this will be huge for 19 and 63 while 37 is out.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I just love the idea that it appeared that Jagr was teaching the whole game. You could see him talking to Seguin and Machand on the bench and it looked like he was coaching, same thing with Ferrence later in the game. I think this will be huge for 19 and 63 while 37 is out.

Professor Jagr putting on a clinic for the Bruins and Bruin fans

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Did Jagr and Chara ever play for team Czechoslovakia together? Maybe as kids?

Chara was a fairly late bloomer as a hockey player, so I doubt it, considering he was only around 14 when Czechoslovakia broke up. And Jagr's around five years older, so they wouldn't have been in the same age group.

They certainly do know each other, though, and have for a long time. And Jagr has played with Krejci, so he's not walking into the locker room as a total stranger.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
One thing about Tuukka is I often think he plays better when he is kept busy (although would prefer it not be 40 shots of busy).
TT would say that he wanted to be blocking shots early and often. Felt he would have a good game if the could be working right out of the gate.

But Tuukka was unbelievably great last night. The Devils had some great opportunities, too.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Devils dominated shots in the first period (17-4 or thereabouts); the Bruins were somewhat out of sync, unsurprisingly. The Bruins were the better team in the second period, and in the third a desperate NJ team was pounding away.

Boston, as noted earlier, was dominated at the faceoff dot in the first, but was better in the second and third, which cut down on the NJ shots.

The LKH line was shut out but they had some good chances and played well. Props to Brodeur who I've heard is a pretty fair goalie. ;) Jagr and Segs/Marchy showed promise but were off a bit, as expected - they weren't the well-oiled machine they can be with Bergeron.

The PP showed promise with Jagr, who was on the entire 2 mins, and the PK was great per usual. Tuukka was outstanding.

The Devils are well coached and as I said earlier, always seem to be in the passing lanes. They deserve credit.

Good game to watch after the first. :)

Nice, thx for the analysis, Jagr brings an element that PP or 5 on 5 hasn`t seen in a long time, sublime vision and an ability to make a pass the majority can`t which, at his age, is remarkable.

Didn`t see the game as you know but with a shortened season, I believe that Jagr will have plenty of post season gas left in the tank unlike last season with the Flyers when it was apparant he had nothing left.

Segs/Marchand/Jagr will figure it out, 3 exceptionally talented players, just will take time for Jagr to catch onto their habits, where they are on the ice etc....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
And Peter Chiarelli needs to contact Jagr's agent about signing him for 2014.

My only concern with Jags is his stamina to last a full season. Would he be open to taking a game or two off here and there to be fully ready for post season play? We saw it last year, he was completely out of steam by round 2

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Nice, thx for the analysis, Jagr brings an element that PP or 5 on 5 hasn`t seen in a long time, sublime vision and an ability to make a pass the majority can`t which, at his age, is remarkable.

Didn`t see the game as you know but with a shortened season, I believe that Jagr will have plenty of post season gas left in the tank unlike last season with the Flyers when it was apparant he had nothing left.

Segs/Marchand/Jagr will figure it out, 3 exceptionally talented players, just will take time for Jagr to catch onto their habits, where they are on the ice etc....

I just checked and he played 34 games for a team in a Czech league during the lock out. So 64 games total so far this season.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Rask stole that game. I see the energy from the D& Fwds, but they're still a bit sloppy coming out of their own end. But it has been good to see some life from these guys. Just need health.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I just checked and he played 34 games for a team in a Czech league during the lock out. So 64 games total so far this season.

I took that into account but seriously, guys barely sneeze on one another over there, skilled hockey, but I would suggest not half as taxing on a player physically

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Rask stole that game. I see the energy from the D& Fwds, but they're still a bit sloppy coming out of their own end. But it has been good to see some life from these guys. Just need health.

Not surprising, personel moves on 2 of the 4 lines against a team that has to play suffocating trap style of a game who is also hanging onto dear life for a playoff spot

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Fans, your welcome, I haven`t watched one minute of Bruin hockey in the last 3 games, and the boys are 3-0.

I work tomorrow night, dare I say they go 4-0???

It`ll take Jagr a few games to get used to the system and new linemates, but reading from comments here, he helped create a few PP chances?

I hope so. It's the Habs and the last time we faced them we lost control of the game. Bruins need to get some revenge.

Kaoz*

I hope so. It's the Habs and the last time we faced them we lost control of the game. Bruins need to get some revenge.

That's exactly why they lose control when they play the Habs.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Good game fellas, tough pill to swallow for us Devil fans during the recent stretch we've been having.

Anyway came in here to say this is why you guys are better built for the playoffs than the Pens with their cardboard defense and swiss cheese goalie. You guys are far away to best team in the east IMO

also... Jay Pandolfo is the ****ing man! I miss that guy. cheers!

We're screwed.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That's exactly why they lose control when they play the Habs.

Precisely, they start playing how I`ll guess many of us feel watching us play the Habs, with that "kick their a**" mentality which then turns into a run around the rink chasing them all night game and THAT, is not how this team wins against that team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad