GDT: Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - 1/31/13 - 7PM EST - NESN (TV), 98.5 FM (Radio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Lucic doesn't have to fight to be intimidating. All he has to do is play his game.

If something happens and he fights, fine. But it's not his job to go looking for trouble. I'd rather see him, Horton and Krejci running rampant through the whole game.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
im always torn between what I'd like to see lucic doing.

I want him to play his game with no worries. Knowing your the baddest mf'r on the ice does something to his game. However, sitting a player for 5 mins straight isn't the best thing in the world when Horton + Lucic are running a good forecheck.

Confusing the situation even more, I'd love to see Lucic go with Scott. Could you imagine buffalo during the 1st intermission.

"well, now what. ****"

I got a kick out of this imagery :laugh::handclap:

I'm in the same boat as you. Lucic seems to thrive when the going gets tough, but on the contrary is it worth sitting Lucic and John Scott for 5 minutes a piece? As R Kelly once put, my mind is tellin' me no...but my body, my body is tellin' me yeeeeeehessssss!

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Lucic plays 17-19 minutes a game. There are 60 minutes in a game. What difference does it make if he spends 5 of the 41-43 minutes he spends on the bench in the penalty box? He is at the age where it should be 100% up to him. He has a feel for when he needs to do it. I hope Julien doesn't get involved tonight. If he wants Scott, let him have Scott.

Right, that's exactly what I'm saying. I hope Clode trusts him to drop and go whenever he wants. Sure, there is injury risk but I think we can all agree that hitting helps his game immensely. And when he hits a lot, he will likely find someone who wants to fight him.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
im always torn between what I'd like to see lucic doing.

I want him to play his game with no worries. Knowing your the baddest mf'r on the ice does something to his game. However, sitting a player for 5 mins straight isn't the best thing in the world when Horton + Lucic are running a good forecheck.

Confusing the situation even more, I'd love to see Lucic go with Scott. Could you imagine buffalo during the 1st intermission.

"well, now what. ****"

Same boat.... I really would love them to go at 1 second, get it over with and get on with the game... I would imagine though if Scott won, it may really pump the Sabres up..Maybe backfire...

I'm thinking you see Ott-Campbell and Thornton-Scott right off the face off...be done with it, and see what the game dictates.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am sad. I just realized my daughter has a game tonight and I will miss most of this game. Sabres are my second most hated division team (Habs of course will always be the most-since its the Habs).

As for fights-I really would rather Lucic not fight anyone-not worth it to risk the injury and of course anyone he fights is going to mostly be a scrub.

Thornton is probably going to go with somebody-I just can't imagine he wouldn't. Lucic probably will too, but I hope he doesn't.

Over all we will see, and I will probably miss most of it, but will keep up with the score while watching my daughter's game.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Lucic doesn't have to fight to be intimidating. All he has to do is play his game.

If something happens and he fights, fine. But it's not his job to go looking for trouble. I'd rather see him, Horton and Krejci running rampant through the whole game.

Love to see him put Scott through the glass and skate away. It's important for Lucic to establish that he will fight anyone at any time but won't fight everyone everytime. If the only reason Scott is in the line up is to fight Lucic then you don't give Buffalo what they want.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Lucic plays 17-19 minutes a game. There are 60 minutes in a game. What difference does it make if he spends 5 of the 41-43 minutes he spends on the bench in the penalty box? He is at the age where it should be 100% up to him. He has a feel for when he needs to do it. I hope Julien doesn't get involved tonight. If he wants Scott, let him have Scott.

How does it benefit the Bruins (re: Not just Milan Lucic) to fight a plug like John Scott? Answer. Not a bit. He's at the age where he should know to put the team ahead of his ego.

Lucic's fights should come organically. He plays his physical game within the rules, let fighters that have on ice value come to their team's defense.

Also, that 5 minutes he's on the bench could be 2-3 shifts where our top line isn't optimized. What do we gain from Buffalo from that? Nothing, because the guy who went with him sits on the bench 55 minutes a game.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This is an example of why I dont want Looch constantly throwing with mutton heads:

Callahan out 10-14 days with shoulder injury
Callahan, who scored the winning goal against the Flyers, was injured early in the third period during a scuffle with Philadelphia forward Max Talbot.

After undergoing an MRI on Wednesday, Callahan was diagnosed with a subluxation of his left shoulder. The forward was dragged down by the arm by Talbot and immediately skated off. His left arm dangled as Callahan went down the tunnel to the locker room

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/01/30/callahan_out_10_14_days_shoulder_injury/

I want Looch scoring goals and staying healthy .

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Oh and one clarification. I don't want Lucic fighting just to fight, but I am fine if he is stepping up to protect his linemates (I really don't want to see Horton fighting given the concussions) but I still am not keen on Looch fighting just too fight. That's Thornton's job.

I don't know if Doug can fight or not but even if he can it would be better to have Captain Z riding shotgun with him.

I don't either, but if they do pair him with Big Z, Z will take the number of anyone who tries to mess with him. Z has always been protective of his partner when anyone tries to target them and I can easily see the Sabres as a matter of strategy going at Dougie to get him off his game (and going for the young guy isn't particularly bad strategy).

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Jack Edwards ‏@RealJackEdwards

Paul MacDermid to dress tonight as Bruins anticipate pugnacious night vs BUF & Steve Ott, John Scott. 6:30 pregame 7PM gametime on NESN.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins

Paille will move up to the third line and Lane MacDermid will join the fourth line tonight.^CS

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
first of all, before everyone jumps on him, he corrected himself in a later tweet.

as for putting Lane in tonight....yes....there will be blood.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
311394153_o.jpg

Danny Woodhead

Jul 10, 2007
South Boston
You know Claude is expecting a bloodbath when he takes an integral member of our powerplay out of the lineup for a fourth line goon.

I have no idea where the smileys are, so insert a winky-face here.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
I got a kick out of this imagery :laugh::handclap:

I'm in the same boat as you. Lucic seems to thrive when the going gets tough, but on the contrary is it worth sitting Lucic and John Scott for 5 minutes a piece? As R Kelly once put, my mind is tellin' me no...but my body, my body is tellin' me yeeeeeehessssss!
Yep... I could see Lindy and the front office looking at each other, with Ott and Scott's contracts in their hands like...
923-facepalm.gif

Same boat.... I really would love them to go at 1 second, get it over with and get on with the game... I would imagine though if Scott won, it may really pump the Sabres up..Maybe backfire...

I'm thinking you see Ott-Campbell and Thornton-Scott right off the face off...be done with it, and see what the game dictates.

yes. It could def backfire. Play it safe, have thornton take him. But I wouldn't be thrilled with lucic not taking the challenge.

Also, would Lindsy be that stupid to send scott out there to chase lucic ala guy carbonneau ? We all know what happened to him lol

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I'm pretty sure no one wants Lucic to go looking for a fight. The differences in opinion appear to be how willing he is (or is "allowed" to) to go when challenged. Or when something happens that pisses him off.

kutskova

Nov 5, 2006
Amped up for this! Just hope the refs don't ruin it by ejecting everyone. We all know there go to move is eject lucic.

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
HAHA Fourth line of Macdermid Campbell and Thorton... Anyone wanna drop em??

Plus Mcquaid im assuming is playing as well... Hopefully we expect

[
bruins-penalty-box-intro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad