GDT: Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - 1/31/13 - 7PM EST - NESN (TV), 98.5 FM (Radio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
This is an example of why I dont want Looch constantly throwing with mutton heads:

Callahan out 10-14 days with shoulder injury
Callahan, who scored the winning goal against the Flyers, was injured early in the third period during a scuffle with Philadelphia forward Max Talbot.

After undergoing an MRI on Wednesday, Callahan was diagnosed with a subluxation of his left shoulder. The forward was dragged down by the arm by Talbot and immediately skated off. His left arm dangled as Callahan went down the tunnel to the locker room

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/01/30/callahan_out_10_14_days_shoulder_injury/

I think the worst looch would get is a broken nose.. which means he'll be out for a period haha.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
This is an example of why I dont want Looch constantly throwing with mutton heads:

Callahan out 10-14 days with shoulder injury
Callahan, who scored the winning goal against the Flyers, was injured early in the third period during a scuffle with Philadelphia forward Max Talbot.

After undergoing an MRI on Wednesday, Callahan was diagnosed with a subluxation of his left shoulder. The forward was dragged down by the arm by Talbot and immediately skated off. His left arm dangled as Callahan went down the tunnel to the locker room

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/01/30/callahan_out_10_14_days_shoulder_injury/

100% agree, Lucic is to valuable to be fighting slugs every game. He keeps it up and its just a matter of time before he gets injured.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Fantastic job with the GDT, Marshmont! You're in midseason form!

Really excited for tonight's game. I think Buffalo want's to engage in the rough stuff, but I think if they do it play right into the Bruins' hands. I think we'll see at LEAST a couple of fights, and possibly even a brawl. :yo:

I get the feeling Seguin will start loking like the guy we expect him to be, starting tonight. I also expect Horton to continue his scoring streak. (Is it too much to predict Tuukka with a shutout as well?)

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I agree with you.
Also, I'd partner Dougie with Z for the night. You want to run the kid? You may want to think twice about that with Mount Chara after your ass the rest of the night.

Good idea. Johnny Boychuk can take care of himself.

I don't know if Doug can fight or not but even if he can it would be better to have Captain Z riding shotgun with him.

Forgot to add- great GDT Marshmont!

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Good idea. Johnny Boychuk can take care of himself.

I don't know if Doug can fight or not but even if he can it would be better to have Captain Z riding shotgun with him.

Forgot to add- great GDT Marshmont!

screw the hand holding. put him out there with A. Johnson and lets see what he's really made of. :laugh:

I'd think he'd be just fine btw.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
100% agree, Lucic is to valuable to be fighting slugs every game. He keeps it up and its just a matter of time before he gets injured.

if slugs get him pissed off every game then he should be given complete discretion on how he wants to handle it. The last thing we need is for frustration to set in because coach (or wifey or somebody) tells him that you can't score from the penalty box cr*p.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
if slugs get him pissed off every game then he should be given complete discretion on how he wants to handle it. The last thing we need is for frustration to set in because coach (or wifey or somebody) tells him that you can't score from the penalty box cr*p.

I don't want to Lucic handcuffed, but he does need to pick and chose when he fights and with who, just like Neely used to. If Lucic continues to fight at this pace, teams will try and goad him into fights he has no business being involved in, like fighting Scott. We lose big time on that exchange.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Great GDT.
I know the time and effort it takes for something like that.

But for the rest of the GDT makers, you set the bar awful high.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I don't want to Lucic handcuffed, but he does need to pick and chose when he fights and with who, just like Neely used to. If Lucic continues to fight at this pace, teams will try and goad him into fights he has no business being involved in, like fighting Scott. We lose big time on that exchange.

Neely never had any coach pick his spots for him. The only bad decision he made was fighting Brashear when he was cooked. I trust Lucic to drop the gloves if he feels like it.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Neely never had any coach pick his spots for him. The only bad decision he made was fighting Brashear when he was cooked. I trust Lucic to drop the gloves if he feels like it.

As long as he is smart about who he fights and when he fights I have no problems with it. I just don't want to see him bust up his hand or get concussed from a fight.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I'm not on board with all of the "Lucic shouldn't be fighting.." talk. If he was putting up 50 goals a season then yes, I would agree. The fact of the matter is he is best when playing with an edge and fighting when needed. He instills a sense of fear in most of the other 1st lines of other teams because he demonstrates physicality and they know that they will be in trouble if they get out of line.

Maybe I just value Lucic's intangible contributions more than his point scoring...but..

I hope he drops it with Scott tonight and knocks that big oaf out.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
All I want is for someone to drop Ott on his ass. I hate that smug pos.

Also, we shouldn't be worried about Hamilton. He can handle himself. He can be reckless too! (see his hit to the head that got him suspended last season). Chara has his back, but the kid can def hit back.

Should be a good game. We always get the juices flowing during games with the Sabers.

What will be the odds Miller gets a goalie interference call against us tonight? ;)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

100% agreed.

Lucic plays 17-19 minutes a game. There are 60 minutes in a game. What difference does it make if he spends 5 of the 41-43 minutes he spends on the bench in the penalty box? He is at the age where it should be 100% up to him. He has a feel for when he needs to do it. I hope Julien doesn't get involved tonight. If he wants Scott, let him have Scott.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Didn't they already try to settle the score with looch last year?

how did that work out for them?

why do they think it would be different this year?

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Lucic is at his best when he plays this type of game. North-South, nothing too fancy, hard along the boards, throwing hits and fighting. Obviously 3 fights every 4 games is something we can't have him doing, but he strikes fear into opponents playing that way and he can't stray away from it totally. I say one of Thornton/Lucic/Ferrence/Campbell will have a fight tonight. Maybe all four who knows. I just want to see Ott bleed

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
im always torn between what I'd like to see lucic doing.

I want him to play his game with no worries. Knowing your the baddest mf'r on the ice does something to his game. However, sitting a player for 5 mins straight isn't the best thing in the world when Horton + Lucic are running a good forecheck.

Confusing the situation even more, I'd love to see Lucic go with Scott. Could you imagine buffalo during the 1st intermission.

"well, now what. ****"

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Fantastic job with the GDT, Marshmont! You're in midseason form!

Really excited for tonight's game. I think Buffalo want's to engage in the rough stuff, but I think if they do it play right into the Bruins' hands. I think we'll see at LEAST a couple of fights, and possibly even a brawl. :yo:

I get the feeling Seguin will start loking like the guy we expect him to be, starting tonight. I also expect Horton to continue his scoring streak. (Is it too much to predict Tuukka with a shutout as well?)

You're really pushing your luck now. Next, you'll predict that another sausage gets hurled onto the ice.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
screw the hand holding. put him out there with A. Johnson and lets see what he's really made of. :laugh:

I'd think he'd be just fine btw.

I'd go for that for the Bruins second meeting with the Sabres.

First one you break the kid in gently. Hence the 6-9 shotgun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad