GDT: Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - 1/31/13 - 7PM EST - NESN (TV), 98.5 FM (Radio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I agree with you.
Also, I'd partner Dougie with Z for the night. You want to run the kid? You may want to think twice about that with Mount Chara after your ass the rest of the night.

I agree. I think lucic and horton need to keep krech protected as well. He's a skilled player they will target.

The big boys will have to show up and let them know they're there for hockey. but they wont be pushed around. I'd start the 4th and regularly shift thornton/soupy with other lines if any targeting is being seen.

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
I appreciate that Campbell will throw down with whoever whenever, but I don't think he's got that intimidation factor that Thornton, Lucic, Chara, and McQuaid do so I'm not sure I'd sub him onto other lines for protection.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Best GDT so far (they have all been really good)

Hopefully I don't have to work I'm thinking this is going to be a blood bath, blowout win for the Bruins 6-1. 6+ fights atleast a line brawl.

Start Lucic Marchy Thornton Chara McQuaid, Don't drop them off the puck drop wiat till Marchand getts under Ott's skin by flying by him for a great scoring chance.

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
I'm glad Kaleta is missing this game just one less goon we have to worry about (but I do hope he recovers etc etc neck injuries are scary). Hopefully the Bergy line heats up and avoids getting run at. Not worried about anyone else being able to protect themselves.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I'm glad Kaleta is missing this game just one less goon we have to worry about (but I do hope he recovers etc etc neck injuries are scary). Hopefully the Bergy line heats up and avoids getting run at. Not worried about anyone else being able to protect themselves.
I'm sad Kaleta is out. We have nothing to worry about. I hope the Sabres decide to play a "thug" game, it will engage the Bruins early and we will roll them.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I think this will be a very rough game. The fact kaleta is out might keep it from getting beyond out of hand. If scott settles for a fight with Thornton we might just see that fight probably foligno against mcquaid and maybe 1 other. If Scott chooses to go after looch or z I think the game will get very ugly.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Great GDT Marshmont! Game should be a good one. Been talking about this one for awhile now. Buffalo's spent some money on goons, that's fine. We have guys for that. Just bringing food too the dinner table! (My new zippy one liner, should catch on soon)

:fight:

tragos

Jan 7, 2013
Kevin Weekes on NHL Tonight, asked who's the best goalie in the league right now: It's Tuukka Time! Don't ask if he can do it anymore, you know he can do it. :handclap:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Good job, Marshmont!

Glad for a division game.

Tyler's 21st :party:, isn't it? Fine time for a Buffalo Beatdown Birthday Bash!

Go :bruins!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I love hating the Sabres. About the only team that would be better for the first divisional game would be the Habs.

Does Stafford have any hat tricks on Rask, or did his come against Thomas?

speaking of the fourth line, Thornton only got 3 min of play time last game... ouch.

granted he spent a little time in the box but still thats really low

Keeping in mind there were like 12 penalties called in that game, Thornton playing very little makes sense.

I think Thornton knows a fight is coming tonight-only question is who.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I love hating the Sabres. About the only team that would be better for the first divisional game would be the Habs.

Does Stafford have any hat tricks on Rask, or did his come against Thomas?

Keeping in mind there were like 12 penalties called in that game, Thornton playing very little makes sense.

I think Thornton knows a fight is coming tonight-only question is who.

well, he has had 2 crucial giveaways in the past week alone. Thats hard to do when you only play his minutes. He's gotta be stronger with the puck.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
hopefully lane is playing and runs ryan miller during his first shift.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They're going to be running around for 60 minutes looking for our heads, Miller's eyes will be on Lucic even when he's on the bench, and John Scott will be playing.

Our offense should have a ball and we'll still kick the **** out of them if they start anything funny.

If they are still out looking for revenge for that massive Looch hit:sarcasm:.....

...then our boys have already won, the Sabres, if wise would be more focused on winning than trying to match team toughness with our boys...........which they couldn`t do if they tried.

Watched much of the Sabres/Leafs tilt in between commercials/periods on Tuesday, same ole bunch of posers/divers who are no more tough today than at this time a year ago

4-1 B`s

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Start the 4th line.
Get it over with right from the start.

Whole heartedly agree. I see Them putting ott's line out there and we'll put the 4th out there. Sucks to see that kaleta is out. Maybe sometime this season we'd see a kaleta, ott, and scott line out there. Just get the brawl over with.. wash up the blood, and then play some hockey.

ruff-goes-down-o.gif

This should just be played before the game, during the game and whatever. It should be like in fight club where they put in subliminal imagery during the game on the jumbotron.

Afam*

Great GDT Flavor. Looks like i have too step my game up. LOl. I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad