GDT: Boston Bruins Training Camp - 1/13 thru 1/18

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Nope.

He was loaned to Providence on a conditioning stint. Big difference.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=650918

Guess is that Chiarelli wants him to get a couple games under his belt and get him up to speed before he assumes the #6/7 role ...

Right, to clarify, technically if he was assigned to Providence he'd have to go through waivers.

Johnson didn't play during the lockout so a conditioning stint should be good for him.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Any updates on Pandolfo? Is he still only signed to a tryout contract? Assuming Bourque has the 3rd line spot locked up, does MacDermid or Pandolfo seem to be the front runner for the 13th spot?

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Maybe gives them the option to bump up paille in place of bourque.

God I hope that's not what they're thinking :laugh:

Love Paille in his role, but he needs to stay in his role. With Peverley and Kelly, we have an opportunity to put someone with offensive talent with them and roll 3 scoring lines. Paille doesn't fit that bill.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Update on the man who was stricken at training camp:

WILMINGTON, MASS -- As the Boston Bruins began their practice Thursday at Ristuccia Arena, they heard a commotion in the stands and quickly realized a fan was in some sort of medical trouble as fellow fans rushed to help. What they did not realize was that a male Bruins fan, reportedly in his mid-30s, had suffered what an off-duty Littelton, Mass. firefighter and Concord, Mass dispatcher termed a "major cardiac episode" that had him non-responsive and close to death.

Thankfully, that off-duty firefighter and dispatcher, Terry Gardner, was sitting a few rows in front of the fan and became a first responder. Gardner rushed into action, performing CPR and calling for a defibrillator. He was able to resuscitate the man, who he said was responsive before being carried out on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital.

According to rink staff members, the stricken fan was in stable condition as of 1 p.m. ET on Thursday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/10569/bs-fan-helps-save-a-life-at-arena

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
God I hope that's not what they're thinking :laugh:

Love Paille in his role, but he needs to stay in his role. With Peverley and Kelly, we have an opportunity to put someone with offensive talent with them and roll 3 scoring lines. Paille doesn't fit that bill.
Sure, but none of the options for that third line role are sure things. Paille there is an insurance policy. It would leave a hole on the 4th line and none of the prospects are built for 4th line duty and ready to go- other than mcdermid.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
NHL teams must submit official 23-man roster to league office by 5 pm ET today. Expected to be quite a few underage jrs on those rosters.

I think there are three underagers "likely" up all season, four if you count EDM's RNH. Hamilton (BOS), Yakupov (EDM), Huberdeau (FLA).

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
NHL teams must submit official 23-man roster to league office by 5 pm ET today. Expected to be quite a few underage jrs on those rosters.

I think there are three underagers "likely" up all season, four if you count EDM's RNH. Hamilton (BOS), Yakupov (EDM), Huberdeau (FLA).

Yeah at this point I'll be shocked if Hamilton gets sent back to Junior. I was reading an article yesterday where Claude was talking about the Hamilton - Seidenberg pairing and how he thought it looked good but expected Hamilton may not be there permanently (as in, always playing with Seidenberg) and considering he didn't even really entertain the idea of "well, if Hamilton stays up...".. just seemed like a foregone conclusion that Hamilton has officially made the team and wasn't going anywhere.

Of course that could change. If he's lost as **** for the first 4-5 games, they may stop the bleeding by sending him down but even then I'd just anticipate some games where he sits upstairs instead.

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
Yeah at this point I'll be shocked if Hamilton gets sent back to Junior. I was reading an article yesterday where Claude was talking about the Hamilton - Seidenberg pairing and how he thought it looked good but expected Hamilton may not be there permanently (as in, always playing with Seidenberg) and considering he didn't even really entertain the idea of "well, if Hamilton stays up...".. just seemed like a foregone conclusion that Hamilton has officially made the team and wasn't going anywhere.

Of course that could change. If he's lost as **** for the first 4-5 games, they may stop the bleeding by sending him down but even then I'd just anticipate some games where he sits upstairs instead.

He got his number switched to 27 today, he's not going back to the Juniors.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
Went to practice this morning at 10am sat around for 20 minutes, until I read a tyler seguin tweet saying to all the people sitting in wilmington, we are not practicing today. Instead they choose to do off ice workouts without notifying anyone who was at the rink. And the rink was packed full. Not too happy right now with the way this whole thing went down.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Went to practice this morning at 10am sat around for 20 minutes, until I read a tyler seguin tweet saying to all the people sitting in wilmington, we are not practicing today. Instead they choose to do off ice workouts without notifying anyone who was at the rink. And the rink was packed full. Not too happy right now with the way this whole thing went down.

I'd probably be upset too but at the same time you have to realize... that it's a practice, haha. I mean, they don't charge for it or anything and it's not exactly entertainment being promised. Perhaps someone should have come out and told everyone there that they decided to take it easy the day before their first game but what'ryagonnado?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

I was there too at least Jordan Caron looks like he's almost ready to play again. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad