GDT: Boston Bruins Training Camp - 1/13 thru 1/18

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Probably. Another local boy's dream coming true makes it special.

I think it's great that Warsofsky will get a bit of time in Boston before Johnson returns. It should be good for his confidence and morale.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
To all those congratulating Warsofsky ... You do realize that he'll likely be back in Providence next week, and that Aaron Johnson is only in Providence on a short conditioning stint, right? With Johnson subject to waivers, and he and Warsofsky the #7 and #8, the writing is on the wall for Warsofsky unless they plan on carrying 2 extra D, which I doubt.

And unless Clooooode wants to sit Dougie, Warsofsky will be keeping the seat in the press box warm for Aaron Johnson when he's called back up after the weekend.

Politics. That's all it is. Rewarding Warsofsky for his good play with a little extra time living NHL life before it's back to the "A".

Warsofsky's chance isn't now. He'll get it when/if the Bruins need to tap into the depth for injury-related reasons.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
To all those congratulating Warsofsky ... You do realize that he'll likely be back in Providence next week, and that Aaron Johnson is only in Providence on a short conditioning stint, right? With Johnson subject to waivers, and he and Warsofsky the #7 and #8, the writing is on the wall for Warsofsky unless they plan on carrying 2 extra D, which I doubt.

And unless Clooooode wants to sit Dougie, Warsofsky will be keeping the seat in the press box warm for Aaron Johnson when he's called back up after the weekend.

Politics. That's all it is. Rewarding Warsofsky for his good play with a little extra time living NHL life before it's back to the "A".

Warsofsky's chance isn't now. He'll get it when/if the Bruins need to tap into the depth for injury-related reasons.

I'm pretty sure most people realize that, and the bolded part is why they're congratulating the guy. He did at least beat out Bartkowski and Krug (altho he's just getting back from injury), so it's not like he just backed in to staying up for a few days.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

No one will be surprised when he gets sent back down to Providence. I also won't be surprised when he gets called up and plays ahead of Aaron Johnson when an injury pops up.

Its a local kid making the team, be happy for him.:handclap:

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
No one will be surprised when he gets sent back down to Providence. I also won't be surprised when he gets called up and plays ahead of Aaron Johnson when an injury pops up.

Its a local kid making the team, be happy for him.:handclap:

It's not that I'm not "happy" for him (I guess?) ...

To me though, "making the team" means that management has him penciled in to a regular spot on the roster... And he'll play. I don't consider keeping Aaron Johnson's seat in the pressbox warm for the weekend "making the team".

Guess it's just all about how you interpret it ...

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

To me though, "making the team" means that management has him penciled in to a regular spot on the roster... And he'll play. I don't consider keeping Aaron Johnson's seat in the pressbox warm for the weekend "making the team".

Agreed.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

Keep in mind he is local. I am sure more than a few posters know him/his family on here or have watched him play at Marshfield/BU/World JRS. If it was Krug or Bart you wouldn't get the same excitement.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
My excitement would come if I had any thought that he might actually be able to help the team. But, I understand what you're saying about him being local/people that have or feel like they have a connection with him.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

I interpret if he wasnt a young player who can still improve he would be locked into the spot in the press box. However since he is a young player they prefer to have Johnson and pandolfo rot in the press box while their younger, more talented players continue to improve in the "A." I expect any serious injury to a forward to lead to spooner to take over the ice time, not pandolfo. And I expect the same thing with warsofsky for the defense

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Johnson called back up and Warsofsky sent to Providence today.

Guess he didn't make the team after all ...

I thought it was more about Johnson needing a bit of conditioning?? Could be off there but I have no issues with this, Johnson although hardly an All Star calibre D-man is experienced and this is a reasonably expected depth choice IMO

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
I thought it was more about Johnson needing a bit of conditioning?? Could be off there but I have no issues with this, Johnson although hardly an All Star calibre D-man is experienced and this is a reasonably expected depth choice IMO

It was absolutely all about Johnson needing a conditioning stint after sitting out the lockout. Some chose to look at it as Warsofsky "making the team", which obviously isn't the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad