Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Sat, Nov 5th, 7pm EST

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
They likely don't want two inexperienced players together.
I get that in terms of nhl experience but they were a pretty good 3rd pairing last year and they’ve been playing together for years so I think it’s worth trying they literally are two players that complement each other

Reactions: Lauro

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I did not foresee the Bruins starting 10-1. Nothing like the Bruins to get some emotion back in our game. I would love for this to be a floodgate game for our top players. Tavares leading by example, let’s go!!!!

Glad to see Liljegren in, although I will temper enthusiasm for his first game back. Just beat these beaners.

Reactions: Burnie97 and Eddo22

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
One of the teams i hate the most. And Pittsburgh. Totaly unlogical, and i cant remember why. Wasps i hate wasps, thats probably why. As good reason as any. I guess.

W. A. S. P on the other hand i realy like. I might i need professional help.

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
Liljegrin is such a huge addition to the defence. He's going to be a monster for the team this year.
The problem is he can only fill one hole. We still have to figure out the others.

Reilly-Brodie
Gio-Lily
Sandin-XXXX

I don't love any of the options for 3rd RD. We need someone who is better then Holl, Mete, Benn. If Lily plays like he can and everyone else stays healthy. We are getting closer.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I did not foresee the Bruins starting 10-1. Nothing like the Bruins to get some emotion back in our game. I would love for this to be a floodgate game for our top players. Tavares leading by example, let’s go!!!!

Glad to see Liljegren in, although I will temper enthusiasm for his first game back. Just beat these beaners.
It'd be huge for confidence if Leafs could put up a bunch on them.

Definitely thought Boston was going to regress a lot this year. So far they're doing their thing like usual. Have to give credit where it's due even though I f***ing hate that team.

Krejci and Bergeron continue to defy age. Pasta is great. He's the one guy I'd take on my team anyday. Still hate Marchand.

Ullmark has been good too. Hopefully Leafs can stop that.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Why are they sitting Robertson again, jesus, let the kid play man. Would love to see what he has against this team

Reactions: Burnie97

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
They are salty. He had no reason to fight and did the right thing tbh

I think most people are not worked up that he didn't fight. Obviously, no one wants him to break a figure or something stupid during a fight.

The issue is that he instigated a scuffle and needed his teammates to do his dirty work. On top of that, he had his usual pompous smirk while everyone else had to get into it.

If a player is not prepared to drop the gloves, they should not be instigating, retaliating, or playing as if they would. How can Matthews ever be a captain when he pulls wheezily shit like this.

Despite not winning in forever in Toronto, we have been blessed with a handful of players who bleed the blue and the white. The problem with Matthews and Marner specifically is that the crest doesn't seem to matter to them. Sure Marner is from Toronto and talks a big game but compared to Dougie, Clark, Sundin, these two are little punks. Skill without heart gets you bounced from the playoffs in the first round each year.

I dont think this is a GM or coaching issue. A coach and GM can only do so much. At the end of the day the culture is driven by the players and if the stars on the team set a shit example, how can you expect the others to follow. This is why Toews/Kane, Crosby/Malkin, Ovy, Mackinnon, etc are so successful. They are without question the hardest working guys on the ice and they rally the troops. Not just with sound bites to the media but by action.

I know it would never happen but imagine if the the Leafs put their foot down and traded Matthews and Marner. Depending on the return, it might put us into a rebuild/retool but I think a team built around Reilly and Nylander with the returns from Matthews/Marner might make us better long term even though we would almost certainly be giving up the best players in the trades.

Reactions: egd27

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I wish the league would go back to home & home back-to-backs. A 5pm Sunday game in Carolina is a load of crap.
The scheduling ... for something like this to happen is garbage.

Yeah I know we'll hear the... oh now they have an excuse for a loss but really... Carolina plays tonight at home. Sits there all weekend.

Meanwhile Leafs play at home then travel to play less than 24 hours later. I usually wouldn't complain about the schedule. Back to backs happen but that's garbage.

It'd be something if they could somehow win both. Especially with Kallgren in net Sunday.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Liljegrin is such a huge addition to the defence. He's going to be a monster for the team this year.
I agree. He even looks like a 38 year old. Hes definitely not 22. Papers are not right. He looks like a woken vet.

And yeah aube kubel hasnt bring anything gritty and nitty on us. Leave.

Reactions: arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad