Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Sat, Nov 5th, 7pm EST

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Ya, the Leads traded Knies first chance they got when he started showing physicality in college…

Oh wait… no they didn’t. This is a silly post.

If he is talking in general terms, it is not. I mean it took Lily 4 years to get here and our history of drafting and developing dmen is not the greatest.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
If he is talking in general terms, it is not. I mean it took Lily 4 years to get here and our history of drafting and developing dmen is not the greatest.

People are upset when we rush our prospects, people are upset when we long game our prospects. Can never win I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
People are upset when we rush our prospects, people are upset when we long game our prospects. Can never win I guess.
I don't think I agree with this. I was happy with how Liljegren and Sandin were handled (and Mo, Kadri, etc before them). However, I do think we are getting to that time in a young player's career where you need to stop playing these roster games. Let them play and find their game at the NHL level, or trade them for a sure thing and let them have that opportunity elsewhere.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Ya, the Leads traded Knies first chance they got when he started showing physicality in college…

Oh wait… no they didn’t. This is a silly post.

I mean Schneider should still be in the minors...

Much like last year, he is playing easy bottom pairing minutes and is still getting caved hard. He is not really a special teams option either.

The Rangers just do not have anyone better to put on their bottom pairing right now. If the Leafs ever decide to trade Holl this year, the Rangers should be one of the first teams lining up to pay the price for him.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I mean Schneider should still be in the minors...

Much like last year, he is playing easy bottom pairing minutes and is still getting caved hard. He is not really a special teams option either.

The Rangers just do not have anyone better to put on their bottom pairing right now. If the Leafs ever decide to trade Holl this year, the Rangers should be one of the first teams lining up to pay the price for him.

The OP was commenting on the Leafs not liking him because he’s physical. Just a silly, silly opinion.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Why are they not playing Robertson. He's been working hard. Send him to the Marlies then. Waste to just sit and watch.

He should probably go back to the Marlies if we are putting Simmonds in this lineup before him.

Reactions: Burnie97

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

We finally have three guys comfortable on the right side, but Keefe moves Brodie to the left side...

I'd run

Rielly - Brodie
Gio - Lily
Sandin - Holl

I get what Keefe is doing here though, one anchor on each pairing. Boston is gonna look to exploit matchups, Brodie is probably our most responsible D-man so putting him with Holl makes sense.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I was against the D pairings at first, but I think @AvroArrow is right, and they want an anchor for each pairing to avoid getting caught in a bad matchup.

They clearly dislike Sandin-Holl as a pairing.

Reactions: AvroArrow

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Why are they not playing Robertson. He's been working hard. Send him to the Marlies then. Waste to just sit and watch.
I've said this a hundred times: athletes advance during practice doing drills not during games. It's never a waste to be practicing NHLers and working with the NHL coaching staff on areas of his game that need improvement.

Reactions: Lauro and arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad