Prospect Info: Boston Bruins Sign Brady Lyle To Entry-Level Contract

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Man, twitter responses are absurd.

"Why did we sign a player with no NHL experience? This doesn’t help us at all. Stupid signing."

This is a very commonly used troll response anytime a team signs a player to an ELC, don't fall for it.

But anyways, this is a good signing, this guy was always very irritating to watch as a fan of a rival OHL team. Good skater for his size. Won't be surprised if he develops into a solid 3rd pairing dman and they got him for free.

Reactions: sarge88

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've seen folks in the Providence Bruins thread hype this dude up. Never hurts to have depth. Nice that management likes his play enough to warrant an NHL deal, and we all know Don and Co know how to scout and develop defensemen.

Only problem is he wears 37!

and he can't reverse it because Charlie McAvoy wears it!

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dumb question perhaps. Is this a 2 year contract starting next season, or a 2 year contract that is in place immediately. I assume it starts next year

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Dumb question perhaps. Is this a 2 year contract starting next season, or a 2 year contract that is in place immediately. I assume it starts next year
2 yr ELC that will essentially replace the existing SPC.... by the time it's filed with the AHL AND it likely means another contract toward the 50 player limit....

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Smart move since other teams have been sniffing around looking to steal him. Big guy with a Johnny Rocket shot. Good depth for next years season as Miller and Cliffy cannot be counted on for consistency or health reasons. I see him passing both those guys going forward. He is ahead of Ahcan and Zech for the simple reason of size on the back end. We fall short versus the big teams, so guys like him and Lohrie that have skill and size are perfect.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I found it interesting from the two scouting reports posted, 3 years apart, that one says he needs to work on his physical game and get more aggressive, and the later one says he's got some nasty in him and is more than willing to throw his body around. A clear sign of learning and progress. I like that, shows me a kid who's keen to listen, get better and find what it takes to play with the big boys. Good luck to him.

aguineapig

During our Adams Family Division like season this year two Islanders that have caught my eye are Pulock and Mayfield. Two big RHD men always making their presence known with their size and skating on both ends of the ice. Part of the Bruins troubles against the Isles early on this year was the inability to get the puck out of their own end and when the puck came around the wall on these guys side could rarely seem to get it by either. Hopefully Brady Lyle someday will be our version of this.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
During our Adams Family Division like season this year two Islanders that have caught my eye are Pulock and Mayfield. Two big RHD men always making their presence known with their size and skating on both ends of the ice. Part of the Bruins troubles against the Isles early on this year was the inability to get the puck out of their own end and when the puck came around the wall on these guys side could rarely seem to get it by either. Hopefully Brady Lyle someday will be our version of this.
I agree but Pulock had a couple of rough nights against us this week.

Reactions: aguineapig

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Is Lyle physical ?
He's not in Kevan Miller's class but he does play with an edge
Like Tralmarks we need to pump the brakes a bit with him, great find by the scouting staff and he's made the most of his opportunities but the competition he's facing is average at best and the schedule has been very player friendly this year,everyone should keep that in mind
That said, exciting to have a blossoming young Right shot D in the fold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad