Prospect Info: Boston Bruins Sign Brady Lyle To Entry-Level Contract

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
What happened to this guy? He was great in training camp and then had a dud of a season and was just shipped out for future considerations.

• Wow
Reactions: PlayMakers

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
What happened to this guy? He was great in training camp and then had a dud of a season and was just shipped out for future considerations.

Kind of surprised by this. The kid just signed his first contract less then a year ago. With lack of RHD in the system why would they trade him for nothing? Maybe they're trying to free up a cap slot for a college signing?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

My thoughts exactly, thought many spoke highly of him.

Couldn't even get a 7th for him? Blues obviously wanted him.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Kind of surprised by this. The kid just signed his first contract less then a year ago. With lack of RHD in the system why would they trade him for nothing? Maybe they're trying to free up a cap slot for a college signing?
Hope that's it.

Still surprised not even a late pick.

Reactions: bbfan419

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
They’re AHL signings though. They don’t factor into the NHL Bruins. Lyle did because he signed an ELC with the team.

Hopefully, like Andrew said, this is a move to free up a spot for a college free agent?

CapFriendly shows the Bruins as having only 44 of the 50 allowed slots filled though...

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Providence made it sound like it was an AHL trade which would mean the Bruins still retain his rights - like loaning him to a different AHL club.

Springfield release says otherwise:

ST LOUIS, MO – The St. Louis Blues announced today that the team has acquired defenseman Brady Lyle from the Boston Bruins in exchange for future considerations. Lyle will report to the Blues' AHL affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Providence made it sound like it was an AHL trade which would mean the Bruins still retain his rights - like loaning him to a different AHL club.

Springfield release says otherwise:

ST LOUIS, MO – The St. Louis Blues announced today that the team has acquired defenseman Brady Lyle from the Boston Bruins in exchange for future considerations. Lyle will report to the Blues' AHL affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds.

Would that be considered a loan though if that was the case? Edit: didn't read the second part of the post. Yea, just seems like a trade for fc

Side note, in the history of future considerations, how many times did future considerations eventually end up being anything?

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Before the salary cap, there were actual future considerations.
Is that a new thing (post-cap) that they don't mean anything anymore?

I remember us moving Marco Sturm for future considerations, and don't think that was ever revisited for anything.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If he is a Boston Bruin per the entry level contract, how does he get traded after the deadline if it isn’t an AHL only deal?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Is that a new thing (post-cap) that they don't mean anything anymore?

I remember us moving Marco Sturm for future considerations, and don't think that was ever revisited for anything.
It just seems to me that after the cap was instituted, nothing ever cam back in future considerations.

I vividly recall this trade and you can see who the future considerations turned out to be Theoren Fleury trades - NHL Trade Tracker

I just can't recall any after the cap.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
If he is a Boston Bruin per the entry level contract, how does he get traded after the deadline if it isn’t an AHL only deal?
You can be traded after the deadline, you just can’t play for that team afterwards in the NHL. In Lyle’s case, he was traded before the AHL deadline and can play for Springfield.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad