GDT: Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils - II

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Something must be wrong with Seidenberg. He's getting pushed around out there.

He's fine.
He out muscled a guy in the first and got a penalty for it.
One of the worst calls in the game.
He probably doesn't want to take a penalty

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
Statistically he's hitting, or so nhl.com says. He's just not HITTING. That's pretty obvious to the eyeball test for sure.

His hits are glancing uneffective blows after the opposing teams player has already sent the puck up the ice. It in effect stops his momentum and takes him out of the play.

The Ultimate Bruin. yeeaaaah!

Kaoz*

His hits are glancing uneffective blows after the opposing teams player has already sent the puck up the ice. It in effect stops his momentum and takes him out of the play.

No... no they aren't.

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
No... no they aren't.

Ok, maybe 85% of them. Watch tonight and think about it, offensive zone corners around the face off circle on the boards, I can already invision this right now. When was the last time you remember him delivering a hit that seperates the player from the puck? I am sure there has to be some evidence out there but I think there isn't much, talking this year.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I have seen Looch pull up or not make hits he would have in the past. I remember a goal scored after Looch chose not to make a hit and let the opposition keep the puck.

He is far more cautious. He still hits but they aren't the same. I think Chara pulls a lot of his hits too.

Kaoz*

Ok, maybe 85% of them. Watch tonight and think about it, offensive zone corners around the face off circle on the boards, I can already invision this right now. When was the last time you remember him delivering a hit that seperates the player from the puck? I am sure there has to be some evidence out there but I think there isn't much, talking this year.

I watch every night, and I think about it every night. Lucic is one of the most physical in the game, and hits with a purpose. You don't see him blowing people up constantly a la a Subban run and you think it doesn't hurt, you're wrong. Most of his hits are comprised of hitting dmen on the forecheck and he's devastating, they just don't look like the typical "blow em up" style of hit.

Some examples of Lucic hits this year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR432Q5EKtA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RmgmwTtyIM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvbmiPom8M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwFyAHyf4AE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eL9RC4tCjw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrVTAGqSmAw

You take Lucic off this team and the Bruins are a bunch of ***** cats up front.

Every dman in the league is very aware of when Lucic is on the ice.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

Right...so I guess that game where Boston scored 2 goals against the Senators last week because he forechecked the defender, who got scared and left the puck and DK scored in the slot was useless.

Lucic is struggling..i'm not denying that. But last I checked, you're suppose to finish your checks. I guess he should just skate away? :sarcasm:

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI

you do the same.
You watch tonight and see his work along the boards to only have the opportunity flubbed by horton.

I love horton, but if anyone needs to get off the 1st line its him
Yes, the guy with the most goals on that line.

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
I watch every night, and I think about it every night. Lucic is one of the most physical in the game, and hits with a purpose. You don't see him blowing people up constantly a la a Subban run and you think it doesn't hurt, you're wrong. Most of his hits are comprised of hitting dmen on the forecheck and he's devastating, they just don't look like the typical "blow em up" style of hit.

Some examples of Lucic hits this year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR432Q5EKtA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RmgmwTtyIM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvbmiPom8M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwFyAHyf4AE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eL9RC4tCjw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrVTAGqSmAw

You take Lucic off this team and the Bruins are a bunch of ***** cats up front.

Every dman in the league is very aware of when Lucic is on the ice.

Two of those were effective, others the oposition still maintained possesion of the puck or Luc was penalized.

Kaoz*

Two of those were effective, others the oposition still maintained possesion of the puck or Luc was penalized.

Every single one of them is effective, a hit is a hit and when someone Lucic's size hits you it hurts. there's a reason he's one of the most feared players in the game. Whether it resulted in a penalty or not is irrelevant, Lucic is penalized consistently in situations where he shouldn't be as is Chara.

The difference with Lucic is this year he's not scoring as many goals as usual. He is racking up assists and making more plays however... so...

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
This has probably been mentioned, but Lucic and Horton are just horrible. Its like they are out there half in the bag. Clode needs to break these 2 up because they both feed off each other and right now they are both playing like 4th liners.

They end up -2 and Lucic's brutal giveaway on that 5 minute PP was pathetic. That last goal also was just horrible, Lucic watching the puck and guy sneaking behind him scores.

Time for a benching for each of them

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
Every single one of them is effective, a hit is a hit and when someone Lucic's size hits you it hurts. there's a reason he's one of the most feared players in the game. Whether it resulted in a penalty or not is irrelevant, Lucic is penalized consistently in situations where he shouldn't be as is Chara.

The difference with Lucic is this year he's not scoring as many goals as usual. He is racking up assists and making more plays however... so...

Do you realy think Luc is still feared? Do you think the players in the league know how to play him now? Get the puck move it fast and avoid the freight train,not that hard unless your pinnedin the corner.

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
you do the same.
You watch tonight and see his work along the boards to only have the opportunity flubbed by horton.

Do you think there is any fixing Horton,I don't? Luc needs to learn where he came from,3rd line. I want Luc on this team but I see a lot of turnovers when he is near. I know you are gonna find a lot of good plays he has made but is he doing it consistently? Has he showed up for any playoff series when competition gets stiffer? Maybe the problem is the shortened season and most teams have already ratcheded things up a notch.

Kaoz*

Do you realy think Luc is still feared? Do you think the players in the league know how to play him now? Get the puck move it fast and avoid the freight train,not that hard unless your pinnedin the corner.

I know Looch is still feared. There is no way to play him other then to try and avoid him altogether or get him so pissed off he takes himself out of the game, and that's a rough road for anyone to go down.

Get the puck and move it fast is a way to play everyone. No one needs that switch flipped, there aren't dmen out there saying "the way to play this team is to avoid the puck and move it really slow".

It's obviously a lot harder then you think, because a lot of people can't.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI

Yes.

You answered your own question

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
I know Looch is still feared. There is no way to play him other then to try and avoid him altogether or get him so pissed off he takes himself out of the game, and that's a rough road for anyone to go down.

Get the puck and move it fast is a way to play everyone. No one needs that switch flipped, there aren't dmen out there saying "the way to play this team is to avoid the puck and move it really slow".

It's obviously a lot harder then you think, because a lot of people can't.

the goals in washington prove it.

They fairy'd the puck because he was charging behind the net. Stole it (some complained that he should of left the puck alone and just hit heavier on the play) and he got it out to krejci / horton

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I have seen Looch pull up or not make hits he would have in the past. I remember a goal scored after Looch chose not to make a hit and let the opposition keep the puck.

He is far more cautious. He still hits but they aren't the same. I think Chara pulls a lot of his hits too.

The refs have been watching Looch and Chara like hawks this year, so I think they are trying to be more careful with their hitting.
.....does that make any sense?

Kaoz*

You wouldn't be talking about the Grabovski play would you? A lot of people thought he should have cleaned Grabo out and didn't realize that's exactly what he tried to do but was deked. Lucic was also the first of what should have been about three layers of defense on that play, hardly the sole cause of the goal. Plays like that happen, and are the main reason defensive coaches don't appreciate big hits like fans do. They look fantastic when they happen sure, but when you miss them you're completely out of position.

You can use Mike Komisarek for exhibit A here, and Dion Phaneuf for exhibit B.

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
you do the same.

Did the same last night!!! against the Islanders, I saw the same old peice of crap that has been here all year long! Ok, he made two finishing checks that in the scheme of things didnt do JACK SH-T. Oh he also helped shut down our HOF Jagr on his line, good thing for the power play and Seguin or Jagr would not of got his point. Did you see see the 41 year old Jagr flying out there?

Do we really need more of this 4 to 6 million dollar peice of sh-t?

I bet his trade value is steadily going down hill!

Sure someone is going to rag on Horton here, made ill advised pinch but the rest of the team wiffed also and that goal was kinda soft by Rask. other wise I thought he kind of had his legs going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad