GDT: Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils - II

Habitant by heart

Nov 18, 2012
Does anyone know what happened to Marchand?
Like have the Bruins had an announcement about his injury or are we in the "Upper body injury" zone right now?
As much as I hate him, you can never ask for a player to be injured.

Thanks in advance

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Serious question, did you see 2011 coming at all before the playoffs began?

Most didn't.

In fact, the B's were not playing all that great (7-4-4 in March, 3-2 in April) heading into the playoffs then. They are having issues right now, but if they can get healthy in the next couple of weeks they have as good a chance as any team to come out of the East.

I thought we had a good shot in 2011, that's why I joined HF boards in April 2011, but to be honest they exceeded my expectations...:handclap:

To have success in the playoffs you need talent, the right chemistry, good health, solid defense, Great goaltending, a little luck.....and 20 guys who are HUNGRY for another Cup, and willing to pay the price!

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
Julien. He's won a Memorial Cup, a Calder and a Stanley. He's won coach of the year in the NHL. He's one of the winningest coaches in the history of the Bruins franchise. His team is in first place in the division and is regarded around the NHL as a Cup contender once again.

Every coach and system has a shelf-life, and potential mismatch if the roster changes. Especially if the coach can't adjust . Pat Burns got ****-canned the year after he won the cup. Many coaches don't make it more than 2 years after winning a SC. Sticking with Lindy Ruff for 15 years got the Sabres what? Squat.

It happens. If we don't got go deep with this roster (with a healthy Bergeron back), I don't see any other cause than a coach who's lost the room.

Whether or not anything can be done about it due to his contract I have no idea I don't follow that stuff, I just watch hockey.

Glory said:
Serious question, did you see 2011 coming at all before the playoffs began?

Most didn't.

In fact, the B's were not playing all that great (7-4-4 in March, 3-2 in April) heading into the playoffs then. They are having issues right now, but if they can get healthy in the next couple of weeks they have as good a chance as any team to come out of the East.

I didn't.

I also didn't see TT standing on his head and giving an historical performance the likes of that haven't been seen in years. Setting multiple P.O records.

That team was a mess because they had no talent (relatively speaking), and relied a lot on Claude's system. A thing of beauty , a perfect storm, a well oiled machine. But Claude's got the pieces now (or more of them anyway), and despite that, the team looks worse IMO. That's troubling.

Not good in my book, more talent, goaltending that's the envy of the league, and they still look like they're apprehensive and attempting to hold on to leads when the don't have to be that team. Yeah we're winning, against who though? The Canes, they're an atrocity and they almost made fools of us. The Devil's, they're two points out of a playoff berth, and they almost squeaked one out on us, after we had a 3 goal lead.

It was all smiles and highfives after weathering some questionable calls and watching the PK shine as usual. By the end of the game it was heads hung low and crushed souls. That's not just a temporary funk, to me it's a mismatch in system vs. roster.

They get it turned around and go deep, all is forgiven. Till then I'm worried.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
D didn't look this worn out and inept. They took a month to come out of their zone then w/ 11 D to D passes, but they had possession. They didn't routinely cough up pucks all over the place like they are now. Losing way too many battles all over the ice. Back then they dished out more than they took. Now, too often, they take more than they dish out. After a period, this team just looks totally gassed. I worried a/b this team then w/ scoring. Then 2 goals was enough. Now 4 isn't.

No Bergy? Yeti better be the second coming of Petr freakin Foosberg.

Maybe them being such a young team in 2011(they still are i know) they were a little hungrier as well. I really hope this is just a slump they are going through and they straighten it out for the playoffs. i mean they are luckily still getting some wins despite their play. I complain now but will forget it all if they go deep in the playoffs.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Like have the Bruins had an announcement about his injury or are we in the "Upper body injury" zone right now?

Thanks in advance

He got his bell rung pretty good by a dirty blatant elbow from Volchenkov who should be suspended.
Some think it's a concussion, I'm hoping for a less severe injury, but only time will tell.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Thanks in advance

Not even that. Officially no word. You'll most probably have to wait until tomorrow evening as they have a game in Boston.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Because it is a concussion. What else could it be? Broken skull? Cerebral hemorrhagy?

Might not be.Might be just that it hurt him.Seen lots guys get hit in head and not get them.Maybe Bruins brass just want taken precautionary procedures here,Lets wait and see.Hard hurt that guys head,he nuts anyways,

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Tell ya all one thing.If its a concussion they do not have wait to know that.Any dr can look at him there and figure that out in secs.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
Funny quote from Brodeur on the TSN article;
"Them taking penalties cost us the game," said Brodeur, who finished with 13 saves. "We didn't get many chances and they got a penalty shot and scored two goals. That was the big difference in the game."

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Every coach and system has a shelf-life, and potential mismatch if the roster changes. Especially if the coach can't adjust . Pat Burns got ****-canned the year after he won the cup. Many coaches don't make it more than 2 years after winning a SC. Sticking with Lindy Ruff for 15 years got the Sabres what? Squat.

It happens. If we don't got go deep with this roster (with a healthy Bergeron back), I don't see any other cause than a coach who's lost the room.

Whether or not anything can be done about it due to his contract I have no idea I don't follow that stuff, I just watch hockey.

I didn't.

I also didn't see TT standing on his head and giving an historical performance the likes of that haven't been seen in years. Setting multiple P.O records.

That team was a mess because they had no talent (relatively speaking), and relied a lot on Claude's system. A thing of beauty , a perfect storm, a well oiled machine. But Claude's got the pieces now (or more of them anyway), and despite that, the team looks worse IMO. That's troubling.

Not good in my book, more talent, goaltending that's the envy of the league, and they still look like they're apprehensive and attempting to hold on to leads when the don't have to be that team. Yeah we're winning, against who though? The Canes, they're an atrocity and they almost made fools of us. The Devil's, they're two points out of a playoff berth, and they almost squeaked one out on us, after we had a 3 goal lead.

It was all smiles and highfives after weathering some questionable calls and watching the PK shine as usual. By the end of the game it was heads hung low and crushed souls. That's not just a temporary funk, to me it's a mismatch in system vs. roster.

Well said.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
People realize no team in the NHL play a full 60 except a few games a year even Chicago

Were lucky the bruins play 40 usually some only play 10-20

The year the bruins won the cup they played 2 full 60 min efforts all postseason game 7 vs Tampa n van

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I didn't.

This line needs to be quoted more because that's exactly how I feel.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Enough has been said on the performances of our penalty killers but I just love how Kelly looks better than before his injury.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
@drosennhl: Pretty interesting stuff in Bs room following game. Happy with win, not happy w/how they got it. They'll take it...you can sense the but.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not happy with how well the Devils took boards away and put pressure on our D. Also thought the refs were terrible.

In comparison to recent defensive play, I`ll take last night`s game, progress at least but your right, work to be done that said, stopped watching after Looch`s ugly play.

Had to be one of the strangest games I have seen in a while. That 2nd goal where Looch looked awful handling the puck was it for me, turned the TV off after that one.

Nice to see the pts and wake up in first place, hated to see the Marchand incident, absolutely no other intent other than targeting the head.

Can`t believe it but I love Soupy with Jagr, does all that dirty work. Loads of health/lineup concerns now, let`s hope they all level out before the games really start counting

SupremefartMachine

Oct 2, 2010
Vermont
I'm glad people have gotten over the whole play Khudobin over Rask thing, this game shows why that's a bad idea. He wasn't bad at all, but that was a standard back up performance.

Kaoz*

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Phone hearing for Volchenkov this morning, FYI...

So 5 games or less? Should get a hefty suspension out of that deal I would think. Doesn't get much more blatant does it?

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
If the coach lost the room with a system that won 2 years ago then I want core players GONE with em

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad