GDT: Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils - II

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Well, it's not worth anything.

Marchand hasn't done anything remotely dirty this year but people are still blinded by the 2011 playoffs and the Salo hit. Yeah he's annoying but he doesn't "live by the sword." He lives by being one hell of a player.

Didn't Marchand give Umberger elbow to the head once? I think he got suspended for it and I haven't seen him do it since.

Passive aggressive Habs fan posts are awesome.

Know what, Habs have a young player just like Marchand in Gallagher, they're hardly the Matt Cooke types. Hope you don't mind when we show pleasure when he dies by the sword as well.

Gallagher isn't really like Marchand. Similar in energy but Marchand is more talented, has better vision but is also more of a pest. Gallagher is more of a talented grinder who crashes.

FWIW, I'd take either on my team.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You want Chara to leave the bench and get a ten game suspension? He changes right after he passes to Boychuk.

Jesus Christ what a cheap shot. I hope Brad will be all right. SOMEONE wearing the Spoked B should have torn Volenchenkov's head off for that.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Horton seems to go through stretches where he looks like he doesn't care/is floating. He has always looked like that so I don't know why some are acting like it's new. He has always been like that.

I find it hard to accuse a player of not trying because that's pretty subjective but there is floating in his game.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
All the happiness over Marchands injury is amusing. It's always funny when a topic is full of Bruins bashing on HF but it never gets closed.

Who is happy? At most I've seen some say 'karma' not unlike what was said about Crosby and others here.

I doubt any sane person thinks its a good hit. Terrible hit. Not even subtle, just really bad.

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
Unfair for Lucic to get lumped in w/ Horton. Right up there w/ Neely getting lumped in w/ Stevens. Ironic.

Lucic was moved off that line and scored a highlight reel goal. CJ put him back b/c when Marchand DK Horton did get out of their zone, they were offsides 13 times. Last year he was moved off that line, he Peverley and Kelly caught fire. DK ended up being moved to wing b/c he was so awesome w/o Lucic.

Every game, no matter win or lose, the discussion is Lucic. Even when he does play well, never enough. He had a bad night. His linemates did dinky ****in doo, but yeah, of course, here we are.

No one wants to talk a/b our D getting swarmed? Rubbed out? Can't connect a pass out of the zone? Routinely coughing up pucks at our blueline? Boychuk? Ference? Chara and Siedenberg look exhausted.

If Lucic could just deal w/ a two man forecheck.

If Lucic isn't scoring he has to rely on the other aspects of his game in order to contribute. His best aspect? Hitting....he's not doing it. He looks like a rudderless garbage scow floundering in the tide otherwise....

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Who is happy? At most I've seen some say 'karma' not unlike what was said about Crosby and others here.

I doubt any sane person thinks its a good hit. Terrible hit. Not even subtle, just really bad.

Don't think you have been in the main topic recently apparently Marchand is the dirtiest player to ever skate :laugh:

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
If Lucic isn't scoring he has to rely on the other aspects of his game in order to contribute. His best aspect? Hitting....he's not doing it. He looks like a rudderless garbage scow floundering in the tide otherwise....

Statistically he's hitting, or so nhl.com says. He's just not HITTING. That's pretty obvious to the eyeball test for sure.

Kaoz*

Didn't Marchand give Umberger elbow to the head once? I think he got suspended for it and I haven't seen him do it since.

Gallagher isn't really like Marchand. Similar in energy but Marchand is more talented, has better vision but is also more of a pest. Gallagher is more of a talented grinder who crashes.

FWIW, I'd take either on my team.

Speaking only in terms of agitation, he's right there. Pushing Phaneuf onto Reimer, running Killorn into the stanchion (really surprised this got absolutely no play in Montreal... well, not really). He's a pest through and through and plays like it. He's been more effective in that regard this season then even Marchand.

Of course most Habs fans won't want to see them in the same light, but that's to be expected. Similar to how most Habs fans completely excuse Pacioretty for all his ******-baggery.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
You know justice wise I want a suspension because that was a pretty clear elbow to the head, but 1 game or 10 games doesn't make Marchand better or put him back in the line up.

Ticks me off that it happened but not much anyone can do to really make it better.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
i'd trade all the suspensions in the world for a good ass kicking last night...

Your up 4-0, marchand gets taken out, krejci gets run and what's our consolation prize?

"we'll let the league handle it"

4-0. jesus.
What a better time to prove a point. Grab henrique and fist **** his face

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
only the eyeball test that's looking for Knockout hits

He's our alleged first line stud. He HAS to make an impact, literally, figuratively and metaphorically....he's not doing it.

Horton is even worse....I think he has one hit in the last 5 games. He's just floating around until Krejci finds him. If he didn't have a killer shot he'd be in the press box because he isnt doing anything else.

With Bergeron and now possibly Marchand out, someone has to step up....you want it to be the go-to- guys but instead it's the bottom six guys who're doubling their efforts and it's paying off for them.

Jeez, can you imagine what a mess these guys would be if we didn't have Jagr to ooh and ahh over?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad