News Article: Boston Bruins Best Jersey in Franchise History

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Honestly, if they had a different logo on the front and shoulders, those pooh bear jerseys could've been great.

That gold color is perfect, and the shoulder yoke and bottom trim were well designed. It's just the brown of the bear head that is so completely out of place that it ruins the whole ensemble. If you put a spoked B or the first winter classic logo there it could've worked. I also hate the yellow BRUINS text along the shoulders. Replace that with a different patch as well and we're in business.

Reactions: rfournier103

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
In related news, the new Ducks alternate is almost amazing. Similarities to the original Mighty unis, but undortunately they went black instead of eggplant.

Coyotes are wearing the Picasso coyote black originals as their alts.

Party like it’s 1997.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
patrice-bergeron-boston-bruins-koho-rookie-year-3rd-jersey-small-pooh-bear1-t8388276-1024.jpg

source.gif

I've been looking for stock baby bear jersey for some time... Proces are absurd .

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Honestly, I like their current jerseys the most. Especially the black socks.

The other two I like are the 2008-16 third jersey from their first winter classic, and the white 3rd jersey they wore in 91-92 that floordacoord mentioned...

15-jerseys-Bruins-40sedited-X.jpg
These were the best ever.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
It looks like they could be coming back for the Winter Classic.

upload_2018-8-24_11-25-40.gif

If I remember correctly, the Bruins record when wearing these was not good. If they go with this for the Winter Classic, I’ll be disappointed.

I’d have preferred this:
upload_2018-8-24_11-27-59.jpeg

...just my opinion.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I genuinely think their best ones ever are the current look (going back to 2007 when they debuted, i don't consider the reebok & adidas ones different).

They're the perfect blend of multiple eras of Bruins.

The Neely era sweaters are fine but I prefer the current Bruins logo to the 80's era logo for sure. That one looks unfinished & too plain. I think many people longing for the Neely era sweaters are just bored with the current ones. grass is greener, etc. The current Bruins have a basically flawless hockey jersey IMO.

Reactions: rfournier103

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
seriously there is basically nothing wrong with these jerseys. Don't fix what ain't broke.
Well, they DID fix the one issue with those jersey's... the double outline around the names and numbers. But yes, they are perfect jerseys (the socks are another matter). I loved the Neely/Oates/Bourque jersey's and the Bobby Orr, and I'd love to see those are rotating Heritage or Third jerseys, but don't go backwards. The current look (minus the ultimately impending fix to the socks) is the best for today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad