Long Island
OMYJEBUS, the trainer cardigan, swoon!

I would love to get a hold of one of these beauties

061311bruinsms27.jpg

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Good a place for any on this grumble...

I get that teams like Calgary and even the Blues look great and should wear colors at home.

However Montreal, NYR, Caps and Bruins look better in whites and should use them at home.
If it were the NFL, it would make sense to give teams the choice. Can’t ask teams to travel with both home and away unis though.

Rangers and Canadiens white unis may be the two best sets in the league.

Bruins 80s-95 whites were beautiful, but the current set is too black heavy in the trim and the gold gets swallowed up at a distance because the striping is too thin.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It’s too bad the winter classic ones from a couple years ago remind me of how craptastic they played that day.

I really liked that sweater. Own one and can’t look at it.

ClassicBruins

Apr 19, 2018
I agree 100%. The Late 70's to 1995 Old Garden Uniform's are the best. Clean cut Original Six classics!

Seeing the B's open the FleetCenter wearing those god awful Expansion team uniforms back in '95 made my heart sink. I was like WTF is this?? Then the Pooh Bear jersey's not too long after. The feel (and look) of this Original Six organization would never be the same.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I agree on Neely era sweaters. Loved them.

**** the Pooh Bear sweaters, Matter of fact, **** em twice.

That entire era's jerseys (1995-96 through 2006-2007) can disappear forever for all I care. All 3 jerseys were awful.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I agree 100%. The Late 70's to 1995 Old Garden Uniform's are the best. Clean cut Original Six classics!

Seeing the B's open the FleetCenter wearing those god awful Expansion team uniforms back in '95 made my heart sink. I was like WTF is this?? Then the Pooh Bear jersey's not too long after. The feel (and look) of this Original Six organization would never be the same.

I remember being very young and disappointed each season when I’d tune in for the opener and they’d come out of the tunnel in those same 80s-95 era uniforms.

Then, the Herald ran a story with images of the new uniforms when they moved to the Fleet.

My dad hated them. I didn’t hate them at first. I didn’t know any better. I remember going to two games the inaugural season and my cousin got an Islanders fisherman logo puck at one of the games.

We were just a couple of stupid kids who didn’t know any better and loved everything 90s like the Mighty Ducks uniforms and logo too ahah.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Probably an unpopular opinion here but to me these are the best looking Bruins jerseys.

59d958d8e7703574caaa165d3e6ff32a.jpg
Definitely my favorite of the all the jerseys that did not have the spoked B on the front. Great third jersey. Overall favorite is the classic black non-yoke jersey referenced in the original article linked by OP. Everything about that whole uni is perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad