News Article: Boston Bruins Best Jersey in Franchise History

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The FleetCenter jerseys have not aged well at all. I liked them at first, and then liked them less and less as time passed. Probably because the Bruins got progressively worse and worse. A bland uniform for a bland era of Bruins hockey.
Agreed.

I remember being disappointed as a kid each season that they’d come out wearing the 80s unis.

All these other organizations had these “hip” new unis!

I also used to think that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 was the greatest cinematic work ever created!

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Agreed.

I remember being disappointed as a kid each season that they’d come out wearing the 80s unis.

I also used to think that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 was the greatest cinematic work ever created!

Yeah. I appreciate the '80s uniforms much more now.

I have an authentic black "FleetCenter"-era Ray Bourque jersey that I bought almost 25 years ago. I spent half a paycheck from my first full-time job on it. I've since bought newer Bruins jerseys and will probably never wear the Bourque one again. Not because I don't like Ray anymore, but because the thing is FUGLY. I haven't even tried to sell it because I just can't imagine anyone wanting it. :(

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I worship the 80's road blacks, especially the #77 in my closet. The socks were classic.

1661292131063.png

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Gold B and gold socks on the dark uniforms need to come back.

I didn’t like the black shoulder yokes on the whites, but they have grown on me and sort of bridge back to the FleetCenter home whites. However, the thin gold stripes on the whites get swallowed up when viewed from a distance.

They’re going to f*** it all up anyway when they slap Chico’s Bail-bonds on the chest this season.

the Chico's Bail Bond Bruins vs the Gleeminex Rangers

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Agreed.

Not a fan of Kevin Nash playing Super Shredder? :sarcasm:

• Love
Reactions: smithformeragent

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Its not going to be this garbage Ill tell you that much
1661343700552.png

I worship the 80's road blacks, especially the #77 in my closet. The socks were classic.

View attachment 579119
The whites of these were the best, especially the white 77 in my closet lol ;)

Fact not opinion, except for teams with only 1 Jersey color, almost all white jerseys are better than their "color" counterparts.

Reactions: 13Hockey

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Pooh bear looks to be coming back as our reverse retro 2.0 via t shirt leak

That shirt doesn't look too bad actually. I hated the pooh bear jerseys because of the color scheme, the bear always looked OK to me although not quite mean enough.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
That shirt doesn't look too bad actually. I hated the pooh bear jerseys because of the color scheme, the bear always looked OK to me although not quite mean enough.
I was just the opposite. I hated the pooh bear and the “bruins” on the shoulder, but I was ok with the actual jersey itself. If they had a bear that looked like this, those jerseys could be pretty good.

1661348374604.jpeg

Reactions: BMC

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
1661403297517.png

Not sure if this was ever an official logo used on Bruins merchandise. However I would love to see this on the Bruins jerseys. A bit cartoonish, but hey nothing wrong with a cartoonish logo from time to time. Especially if it is done right. Which this one is, imo.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Could you imagine Terry O'Reilly wearing that freakin Winy the Pooh crap?

With all the great uniforms this team has had, they go with this? yuk.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The pooh bear jerseys just remind me of my childhood in the 90s with the Bruins wearing (losing) them on Saturday matinee games at the defeatcenter.
Fox's broadcast with the comet stream behind the puck.

Blaine Lacher between the pipes.

Playing street hockey out in the driveway between periods.
(I rocked the Eddie Belfour mask/pad combo)

Great stuff!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I wear an authentic Pooh bear jersey from time to time. Non-hockey fans give me a lot of compliments. Hockey fans usually laugh and make a joke. They know. It's a blank, so I still need to figure out which player name and number to put on it when I send it off for customization. 20 years should have been enough time to figure things out.

Not a fan of Pooh bear but it has reached the point that it's so bad that it's good territory with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad